Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Paton

Re: Rock5's Millaers Ranch Scripts

#101 Post by Paton » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm

You 2 guys are really funny. Tweaking the timings doesnt require much knowledge about scripting. It is more about checking the timings ingame exact and change numbers in the script. Anyone can do this, cause its simple.

@Rock5
rock5 wrote:You could try something like this;

Code: Select all

while player:target_Object(112955,8500) do -- Check for hens
			player:target_Object(112958,2000,true) -- Fresh Eggs
			player:target_Object(114931,2000,true) -- Gold Eggs
		end
Unfortunately the required delay between the first and second hen seems to be different than the required delay between the second and third hen. It seems that whatever wait value I use causes wasted time. I've been trying continuously clicking the hen until an egg appears but that introduces other problems.
This works ok, thanks. Ive noticed that too, when playing manually. That delay sucks really. What problems did you get with clicking ? Did you use a function to click on coordinates or how ?

Well i managed to make a fast version of feeding and collecting eggs. I just dont know if thats correct and maybe cause trouble over running a long time.

player:target_Object(_objname, _waittime, _harvestall, _donotignore); 

_waittime = time to wait if the object takes time to open in ms. (Optional, default is 0)
As i understand this, the delay might be needed for looting corpses, where you have to wait for the corpse windo to open. In our case with feed the hen and looting the egg, my idea was this isnt needed so i made the up the following code, which runs fast as hell. Question is if that many player:target_Object() calls, cause any trouble ??

while player:target_Object(112955,500) do -- Check for hens
        while player:target_Object(112958,500) do -- Fresh Eggs
            yrest(7000);
        end
end
while player:target_Object(114931,500) do -- Gold Eggs
       yrest(2000);
end
All assuming no golden egg comes up:
A player doing it active ingame needs 39-40 seconds and my new version does it 39 seconds too. Your 2 versions need both 51-52 seconds.
This means 11 seconds per 3 eggs, which i won. It is still not the best solution, cause after the last egg, it waits those 7 seconds bevore it starts moving. The 7 seconds is the time from collecting egg 1 to starting to feed hen 2. Its a minimum time, before it starts searching for a hen, which can be clicked. I just dont know, if checking every half second for hen/egg might cause any trouble... You might tell me.
The timings are like:
Time between feeding 1 and feeding hen 2 is around 14.6 seconds
Time between feeding 2 and feeding hen 3 is around 16.6 seconds
AND
Time between feeding one hen and egg being available is always 6 seconds.

What do you think ? I think it can be done maybe alittle better code wise(more elegant), speed not anymore.

rock5

#102 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 am

Paton wrote:

player:target_Object(_objname, _waittime, _harvestall, _donotignore); 

_waittime = time to wait if the object takes time to open in ms. (Optional, default is 0)
As i understand this, the delay might be needed for looting corpses, where you have to wait for the corpse windo to open. In our case with feed the hen and looting the egg, my idea was this isnt needed
The target_Object() function has nothing to do with looting. The delay time is for items that take time to collect eg. the hens.
Paton wrote: so i made the up the following code, which runs fast as hell. Question is if that many player:target_Object() calls, cause any trouble ??

yrest(7000);
        end
end
       yrest(2000);
end
I think you need to be careful of using the function too often but I think 500ms should be ok.
I suspect there might be a chance that you might end up chasing the chickens away from the hen house with short values though.

Also

yrest(7000);
        end
is identical to using

player:target_Object(112958,7500,true) -- Fresh Eggs
although I don't believe eggs take that long to collect. And

yrest(2000);
end
is identical to

player:target_Object(114931,2500,true) -- Gold Eggs
If you want to use 500ms pause you could just use my example and change it to 500.

end
I don't believe you need 500ms on the eggs.
See how that works. I'm not sure exactly how much time is needed to collect the eggs so maybe you might need to tweak those values a bit for optimum speed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Paton

#103 Post by Paton » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 pm

@Rock5
Yes, yours is identical speedwise and after last egg, it starts moving to next waypoint quicker. I noticed though, that the micromacro window scrolls more with yours. Alot more messages, so thats more function calls, right ?

I had a client crash and a stuck which failed to get free after 10 tries, with the 500 ms for the check at hen. Maybe it was just bad luck, but i go back 1000 and let it run for longer and test it.

It would be all alot easier, if Micromacro would allow things, which i was get used to in the past. Things like Function scan for hens in a given range and return the found hens as array and then an extra function to interact with the hens. This way you have more control over everything. Same applies for moving the char.

2 more things ive noticed with your script:

1. the middle waypoint, where you scan for hens to feed, doesnt cover the whole area for hens. Sometimes a hen gets not found due to being out of range from that waypoint.

2. I have a bug happening with the waypoint in the hen house. The char sometimes moves farther into the hen house for no reason. I run only rom only once and dont press any keys,... I am going to watch this, maybe i find out why this happens. Normally the bot should verify if it reaches the exact coordinates right ? I didnt find any options for go exact coordinates or something like x+3, x-3 is still ok.

Strange_d

#104 Post by Strange_d » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Paton wrote: 2. I have a bug happening with the waypoint in the hen house. ... Normally the bot should verify if it reaches the exact coordinates right ? I didnt find any options for go exact coordinates or something like x+3, x-3 is still ok.
In your profile is the setting "WAYPOINT_DEVIATION" if you want exact coordinates then set it to value="0" if you haven't already done so.

rock5

#105 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:58 am

Paton wrote:@Rock5
Yes, yours is identical speedwise and after last egg, it starts moving to next waypoint quicker. I noticed though, that the micromacro window scrolls more with yours. Alot more messages, so thats more function calls, right ?
Not necessarily, just means more messages. Also, the number of function calls doesn't matter. What you need to be careful of is how many times you use the ingame macro ie RoMScript(). target_object only uses it once per wait period. So player:target_object("name",500,true) will use it once every 500ms. Also, what extra messages does it do? I can't tell from looking at the code.
Paton wrote:I had a client crash and a stuck which failed to get free after 10 tries, with the 500 ms for the check at hen. Maybe it was just bad luck, but i go back 1000 and let it run for longer and test it.
Getting apparently stuck can be caused by many things. It's best not to come to a conclusion with only 1 failure. If you find 1000 more stable then just use that. I think I'm currently using 1000.
Paton wrote:It would be all alot easier, if Micromacro would allow things, which i was get used to in the past. Things like Function scan for hens in a given range and return the found hens as array and then an extra function to interact with the hens. This way you have more control over everything. Same applies for moving the char.
I personally don't agree with this. The way it works now is adequate, I think. If you want a list you can use something like this

local objectList = CObjectList();
objectList:update();
to give you a list of objects around you, then you can filter and manipulate it to your hearts content.
Paton wrote:1. the middle waypoint, where you scan for hens to feed, doesnt cover the whole area for hens. Sometimes a hen gets not found due to being out of range from that waypoint.
That wouldn't happen very often and wouldn't have hardly any impact on the time but if you increase the 75 range you increase the risk of chasing hens to the hen house.
Paton wrote:2. I have a bug happening with the waypoint in the hen house. The char sometimes moves farther into the hen house for no reason. I run only rom only once and dont press any keys,... I am going to watch this, maybe i find out why this happens. Normally the bot should verify if it reaches the exact coordinates right ? I didnt find any options for go exact coordinates or something like x+3, x-3 is still ok.
I believe the bot accept anything under 20 as being close enough. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug as I don't see that causing any problems.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Paton

#106 Post by Paton » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:57 am

rock5 wrote:Not necessarily, just means more messages. Also, the number of function calls doesn't matter. What you need to be careful of is how many times you use the ingame macro ie RoMScript(). target_object only uses it once per wait period. So player:target_object("name",500,true) will use it once every 500ms. Also, what extra messages does it do? I can't tell from looking at the code.
Just the usual messages "no nearby harvestables found." and "We found xx and will harvest it.". Well i had again a client crash with 1000. I suspect it has to do mit to many player:targetObject in a given time frame. I went back to the original slow version and it ran while sleeping for 6 hours fine. I am going to try 1500 and see how stable it runs.

rock5

#107 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 am

Paton wrote:Just the usual messages "no nearby harvestables found." and "We found xx and will harvest it.". Well i had again a client crash with 1000. I suspect it has to do mit to many player:targetObject in a given time frame. I went back to the original slow version and it ran while sleeping for 6 hours fine. I am going to try 1500 and see how stable it runs.
Don't know what's happening there. 1000 should definitely be stable. The old script does sendMacros every 100ms so if anything it should be less stable. You didn't change anything else in the script did you?

If using target_Object more makes it unstable then the only reason I can think that that might be is because it would access memory addresses more, but I thought that was reliable. It would be nice to hear from anyone else if they are finding using the new memory functions too much makes the game crash.

In the mean time let me see if I can rewrite this

end
to not use target_Object as much.

Try this:

while not player:target_Object(112958,2000,true) and not player:target_Object(114931,2000,true) do
                RoMScript("UseSkill(1,1)")
                yrest(500) -- pause between hen clicks
            end -- Repeats until collects Fresh or Gold Egg
        end
Initial tests look like it works but I'm unable to do extensive tests because my eggs keep getting stuck with the "Currently busy. Please try again later" message.

fred55555

#108 Post by fred55555 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 am

i run the original version

it runs smooth and runs over night perfectly

I rarely get the object busy message

but i have also since then stripped down the character:xml to almost nothing as no skills or options are used during the egg hunting

I have also done a clean and fresh install on another machine with the macro and bot programs setup and installed, basically only for the egg hunting :)

I dont know if this has effected it but i can run over night and longer with out the error poping up

Paton

#109 Post by Paton » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm

rock5 wrote:Try this:

while not player:target_Object(112958,2000,true) and not player:target_Object(114931,2000,true) do
        end
Initial tests look like it works but I'm unable to do extensive tests because my eggs keep getting stuck with the "Currently busy. Please try again later" message.
Do I understand that correct, that the line RoMScript("UseSkill(1,1)") clicks on the hens, while the inner loop is running ? I assume last found hen target is kept, thats why you can do that with UseSkill in the loop ?

I got an important question, which will help me debug my own scripts alot.
Could you please tell me exact syntax + example for displaying a text + timestamp( with seconds, not just minutes) in the MM window. This will help me understand how scripts run and i can print out variable value and so on.

rock5

#110 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Paton wrote:Do I understand that correct, that the line RoMScript("UseSkill(1,1)") clicks on the hens, while the inner loop is running ? I assume last found hen target is kept, thats why you can do that with UseSkill in the loop ?
That's correct. It keeps clicking the same hen until an egg is found then it looks for another hen.
Paton wrote:I got an important question, which will help me debug my own scripts alot.
Could you please tell me exact syntax + example for displaying a text + timestamp( with seconds, not just minutes) in the MM window. This will help me understand how scripts run and i can print out variable value and so on.
That's pretty simple, just use standard lua command os.date() eg.

TextToDisplay = "This is an example"
print(os.date().." " .. TextToDisplay)

rock5

#111 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Overnight I left 2 bots running, one killing mobs and the other doing this modified egg script. The egg client crashed. Maybe it isn't stable?

It's crashed other times but this is the first time I've had evidence that maybe it is the fault of the script. It seems to crash while in the egg collecting loop. Here is the script I'm using at the hen house;

changeProfileOption("HARVEST_DISTANCE", 40)
		while player:target_Object(112955,1000) do -- Check for hens
				yrest(1000) -- pause between hen clicks
		end
		changeProfileOption("HARVEST_DISTANCE", 75)
All I can think of is maybe doing 2 target_Objects, 1 after the other, entails too much memory access at once. That would suggest that getting the objectlist is unstable. I'll run them both overnight again and see if it happens again.

rock5

#112 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Yes, it did it again. The kill mob bot is still running but the egg client crashed. Funnily, the egg script doesn't crash, it just gets stuck in the egg searching loop. Unfortunately I'm not able to figure out why this is. If anyone else can, please share.

zin40

#113 Post by zin40 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:18 pm

The only stuck message i ever get is when it cant get feed bags correstly and ends up on the side of the building. I have been running every night since i the latest realease of your script and it works 6 out of 7 nights for me.

Thank you for making this as it worked better than mine and i had no time to work on it.

rock5

#114 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

zin40 wrote:The only stuck message i ever get is when it cant get feed bags correstly and ends up on the side of the building. I have been running every night since i the latest realease of your script and it works 6 out of 7 nights for me.

Thank you for making this as it worked better than mine and i had no time to work on it.
By "latest release" do you mean the version on the first post, without any changes mentioned above? If so, that might help me narrow down the problem.

fred55555

#115 Post by fred55555 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 am

i am running the original script unmoded

my test has been running since friday and is still running today

bag and a half of eggs and food no crashes or restarts

go back to orginal and keep stuff clean

remember the story of the turtle and the hare :)

rock5

#116 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

I left this version running overnight. It didn't crash. It basically adds a 500ms pause between the 2 type of egg checks. I'll keep testing it but I'd like to know if anyone else finds this more stable. It does run faster than the old script.

while player:target_Object(112955,1000) do -- Check for hens
			eggfound = false
			repeat
				if player:target_Object(112958,2000,true) then
					eggfound = true
				else
					yrest(500)
				end

if player:target_Object(114931,2000,true) then
					eggfound = true
				else
				end
				if not eggfound then RoMScript("UseSkill(1,1)") end
			until eggfound -- Repeats until collects Fresh or Gold Egg
		end

Paton

#117 Post by Paton » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Thats the version, which was going through my mind, i just didnt get the loops right. In this new version, i can insert the correct min delays before it should start searching for a new egg and make a pause after collecting an egg. With the inserted min delays, we can minimize the number of player:targetObject() calls.

by the way, what profile settings do you use for the egg script ?

I use:

<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"	value="0" />
<option name="QUICK_TURN" 		value="true" />

rock5

#118 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Ok. It's confirmed. I left the unstable version and this newer version running overnight and the unstable one crashed again. The only real difference I can see is the pause between target_Objects.

So that might be worth remembering for the future. Using target_Objects without pauses between them can make it unstable.
Paton wrote:In this new version, i can insert the correct min delays before it should start searching for a new egg and make a pause after collecting an egg. With the inserted min delays, we can minimize the number of player:targetObject() calls.
There may be some optimization possible but the reason I'm clicking every 1000ms on the hens is because the pauses necessary between hens seems to vary. If you come up with better timings, let me know.
Paton wrote:by the way, what profile settings do you use for the egg script ?

I use:

<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"	value="0" />
<option name="QUICK_TURN" 		value="true" />
It shouldn't matter. I just use the characters profile unless it doesn't have one, then I just use the default. I guess you could save a small amount of time by removing buffs from the profile so it doesn't waste time casting them but the overall time spent casting is insignificant.

I use those 2 settings as well. I also set QUICK_TURN to true in my default profile.

I'll update the egg script to version 1.3 soon.

Paton

#119 Post by Paton » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:23 am

Just a quick comment to one version before:

yrest(1000); -- added later
		end
Without the yrest(1000), i ve noticed in the MM window the following:
finds a hen and harvests it
finds egg 1 and collects it
finds a new hen
finds egg 1 again and tries to collect it

The delays 2000 and 500 should be enough in my opinion, but it still found egg 1 second time, so i put in the yrest(1000) and it was fixed.

Now to some error, which only ever happened twice to me and only with this version. One egg got that "busy egg error" and was not collectable. Does this happen with all versions from time to time ? The time when this "busy egg error" happened, was after my PC(4GB RAM) wasnt booted for a long time(like 20+ hours of active playing, botting, many firefox windows open,..). From my experience freshly booted PC, helps for this. In Ultima Online and other games this kind of bug had to do with the garbage collection of memory of the game or the bot.

If we cant eliminate the "busy egg error" with better timings(see my last post above), my suggestion is we code a timeout for that bug. Collecting all 3 eggs takes around 40 seconds, so it could look like this:

Check at waypoint #8, if 3 minutes are over and still at waypoint #8
if true then leave the farm
Wait x minutes
return to the farm

What do you think ?

rock5

#120 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Paton wrote:Now to some error, which only ever happened twice to me and only with this version. One egg got that "busy egg error" and was not collectable. Does this happen with all versions from time to time ? The time when this "busy egg error" happened, was after my PC(4GB RAM) wasnt booted for a long time(like 20+ hours of active playing, botting, many firefox windows open,..). From my experience freshly booted PC, helps for this. In Ultima Online and other games this kind of bug had to do with the garbage collection of memory of the game or the bot.

If we cant eliminate the "busy egg error" with better timings(see my last post above), my suggestion is we code a timeout for that bug. Collecting all 3 eggs takes around 40 seconds, so it could look like this:

Check at waypoint #8, if 3 minutes are over and still at waypoint #8
if true then leave the farm
Wait x minutes
return to the farm

What do you think ?
I don't know what causes the "busy egg error" but I don't think it has anything to do with the timing although I haven't had it since changing to the newest version which I've probably run for about 100 hours so far. Also that older version crashes the client for me.

As to the idea of leaving the farm, I used to sometimes also not be able to click the hens to feed them, so you would have to check the time at point 1 as well. But I don't think it's a good idea because the loading required to leave the farm and go back would make it crash eventually anyway. I remember when I used to run waypoint files that included entering the house and teleports etc. it would always eventually crash. Although maybe that bug has been fixed now. Anyway I'll consider doing it if it becomes a frequent problem with the new script.