error code can ne one help

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
holykillz

error code can ne one help

#1 Post by holykillz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm

users/mike/desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:237: error reading memory in Cpawn:update()

i posted a screen shot of the error but it got flagged but there the error is and sorry bout posting a screen shot of it just makes it easier for everyone shows the exact error but sorry for breakin the rules can ne one help me with this error?

rock5

Re: error code can ne one help

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:26 pm

holykillz wrote:users/mike/desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:237: error reading memory in Cpawn:update()

i posted a screen shot of the error but it got flagged but there the error is and sorry bout posting a screen shot of it just makes it easier for everyone shows the exact error but sorry for breakin the rules can ne one help me with this error?
First, if you don't know how to copy text from micromacro window; right-click the title bar, select Edit/Mark, select the text you want to copy then press enter. The text should get copied to the clipboard. You can then paste it in your web browser as normal.

Second, there have been a few posts about this exact error. You should do a search first and see if any solutions have already been posted.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

holykillz

#3 Post by holykillz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:35 pm

ah i didnt know that and there has not been a reply to this error thats why i posted i checked every where

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm

holykillz wrote:ah i didnt know that and there has not been a reply to this error thats why i posted i checked every where
Some more information would be useful. What version of rombot are you using? What were you doing when the error appeared? When did the error appear?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

holykillz

#5 Post by holykillz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm

well i quit playing for awhile they updated the game i ran update.lua it updated and then gave me that error which idk why ive tried alot of things i redownloaded micromacro redownloaded the romscripts which is 3.20 idk

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:04 am

holykillz wrote:well i quit playing for awhile they updated the game i ran update.lua it updated and then gave me that error which idk why ive tried alot of things i redownloaded micromacro redownloaded the romscripts which is 3.20 idk
update.lua only updates the memory addresses that rombot uses. It's needed when the game changes slightly after a patch. It does not update the rombot version.

To update to the latest version of rombot follow the instructions on this page under "SVN - Always have the newest version:".
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 1741#p1741

And here are a couple of posts about the same error that gives the same advice.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 836#p12836
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 580#p12580

holykillz

#7 Post by holykillz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:12 am

i just updated it with svn and still got the same error idk wats wrong with it

holykillz

#8 Post by holykillz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 am

...mike/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:171: attempt to perform
arithmetic on field 'pawnRace_offset' (a nil value)

so i tryed to delete the pawn.lua file and reinstall it with svn and now i get that error ne one know of that error

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:26 am

holykillz wrote:i just updated it with svn and still got the same error idk wats wrong with it
Do all the files have green ticks next to them? If there are any red exclamation marks it may have not merged properly. Try right-clicking the rom folder and selecting "TortoiseSVN/Revert". That will make it an exact copy of the current SVN.
holykillz wrote:...mike/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:171: attempt to perform
arithmetic on field 'pawnRace_offset' (a nil value)

so i tryed to delete the pawn.lua file and reinstall it with svn and now i get that error ne one know of that error
pawnRace_offset would be a memory address offset in addresses.lua. Try deleting it and re-download it via SVN. Don't run update.lua afterward as the current addresses.lua is up to date I think. Only run update.lua if it asks you to.

holykillz

#10 Post by holykillz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:29 am

sweet!!! thanks for the help!! it works!

MiesterMan

#11 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:53 am

rock5 wrote:Do all the files have green ticks next to them? If there are any red exclamation marks it may have not merged properly. Try right-clicking the rom folder and selecting "TortoiseSVN/Revert". That will make it an exact copy of the current SVN.
Awomse!! :D
This is gonna save me soooo much time.