waypoints type="TRAVEL" not work

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
zbynio

waypoints type="TRAVEL" not work

#1 Post by zbynio » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:29 pm

instead of TRAVEL is to RUN the whole time
I think it does not wait for aggro and target selection
os.time not work?
The time format does not work in 100%
i check - if mob attacking - player.Battling=true

symptoms :) :

method: harvest(), harvest(id) and target_object(id)
waypoints type="TRAVEL"
1. character run and mob attacking - allways dont stop and message language[113]
2. character harvest and mob attacking - allways ignore mob and collection is not successful. After break harvest run to next waypoint and... read 1

Valleyguy

Re: waypoints type="TRAVEL" not work

#2 Post by Valleyguy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 pm

zbynio wrote:instead of TRAVEL is to RUN the whole time
I think it does not wait for aggro and target selection
os.time not work?
The time format does not work in 100%
i check - if mob attacking - player.Battling=true

symptoms :) :

method: harvest(), harvest(id) and target_object(id)
waypoints type="TRAVEL"
1. character run and mob attacking - allways dont stop and message language[113]
2. character harvest and mob attacking - allways ignore mob and collection is not successful. After break harvest run to next waypoint and... read 1

ok besides your English being terrible here i think what your asking is if you want your bot to fight and not run away change WAYPOINTS TYPE = Normal

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:13 am

Waypoint type TRAVEL seams to be working as intended. RUN is the broken one. Or, at least, I believe we decided to keep them this way (though it has changed several times, so it's getting confusing). These problems should be fixed with r489, so update again.

TRAVEL does not fight back when under attack. This is typically used when mounted and traveling back to town.

RUN does not target enemies, but will fight back against aggressive targets.

zbynio

#4 Post by zbynio » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:10 am

...your English being terrible here...
@Valleyguy sorry about that. My English is really terrible. :oops:

@Administrator
TRAVEL type previously allowed to move from point to point without catching mobs. However, when the figure was fastened it faced and fought. I understand that now it will operate type RUN?

edit
Yes. :)
Work fine
And again the sun is shining in collecting the herb... lalala :lol:
Thank you

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 am

Administrator wrote:Waypoint type TRAVEL seams to be working as intended. RUN is the broken one. Or, at least, I believe we decided to keep them this way (though it has changed several times, so it's getting confusing). These problems should be fixed with r489, so update again.

TRAVEL does not fight back when under attack. This is typically used when mounted and traveling back to town.

RUN does not target enemies, but will fight back against aggressive targets.
Why would you switch them for? And how will it work in v489?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:56 am

rock5 wrote:Why would you switch them for? And how will it work in v489?
RUN and TRAVEL were introducted at different times. The meaning of them changed when we added TRAVEL, and then things got switched around again at a later date.

They are, as of r489, as they "should" be. There was just a few bugs preventing RUN from working correctly, along with old (messed up) language strings which was causing confusion. RUN (as in run along the path; not run from enemies) will run through the path only stopping to fight off aggressive enemies, while TRAVEL travels without stopping.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Administrator wrote: RUN (as in run along the path; not run from enemies) will run through the path only stopping to fight off aggressive enemies, while TRAVEL travels without stopping.
I just created a new waypoint file and set it to "RUN" because I wanted it to "fight off aggressive enemies". While testing, a monster attacked me but my character ignored it. I tried "Travel" and when a monster attacked me it fought back.

So now it's back to the way I remember it?

Edit: I spoke too soon. It was ignoring the monster because it was harvesting an object. On further testing it fought back in both "RUN" and "TRAVEL" mode.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Valleyguy

#8 Post by Valleyguy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 pm

rock5 wrote:
Administrator wrote: RUN (as in run along the path; not run from enemies) will run through the path only stopping to fight off aggressive enemies, while TRAVEL travels without stopping.
I just created a new waypoint file and set it to "RUN" because I wanted it to "fight off aggressive enemies". While testing, a monster attacked me but my character ignored it. I tried "Travel" and when a monster attacked me it fought back.

So now it's back to the way I remember it?

Edit: I spoke too soon. It was ignoring the monster because it was harvesting an object. On further testing it fought back in both "RUN" and "TRAVEL" mode.
i did similar testing in my new 1-10 elf bot im trying to build here run works just fine it runs and fights back when aggroed travel ignored them all....and i died as a result of 10 boars eating at my lvl 10 elf... i dont see a problem with the current svn ... (current as of yesterdays update i did aug-18-2010)

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm not sure if "run" is working as intended. I'm using "run" with one of my waypoint files. In some places the waypoints are far apart. I've noticed that when traveling between these waypoints it ignores the attacking mobs until it reaches the next waypoint. It can collect 2-3 mobs along the way.

Shouldn't it attack mobs as soon as they attack you while traveling between waypoints?

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah, that's possible. I think it's because the first 1 or 2 seconds after leaving a waypoint, it won't check for valid targets or aggressive enemies. Any additional information you can provide would help.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:34 am

Administrator wrote:Yeah, that's possible. I think it's because the first 1 or 2 seconds after leaving a waypoint, it won't check for valid targets or aggressive enemies. Any additional information you can provide would help.
I just did a test with 2 points about 30s apart and with many red mobs between. I even used the default profile. When moving to the next waypoint it ignored all mobs. It only attacked when it reached a waypoint.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am

Looks like an easy fix is to delete line 1627 of player.lua

Code: Select all

waypoint.Type ~= WPT_RUN  and	-- only stop if not waypoint type RUN
It attacks as soon as a mob attacks but I noticed something funny. After killing the first mob it returned to the first waypoint. Then headed to waypoint 2 again. It killed another mob on the way then head back to waypoint 1 again. It did this 3 times before it was able to pass the halfway mark. Then when it killed a mob it continued to the second waypoint. I'm not sure if this is working as intended but it looks funny and can waste a lot of time.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 pm

rock5 wrote:Looks like an easy fix is to delete line 1627 of player.lua

Code: Select all

waypoint.Type ~= WPT_RUN  and	-- only stop if not waypoint type RUN
I've added this change to rev 497.