Hotkey question.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Excellency

Hotkey question.

#1 Post by Excellency » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Since the bot requires you to have an empty hotkey set at 0.

Code: Select all

<hotkeys>
    	<!-- to communicate with the RoM API / define ingame dummy macro at place 1 -->
		<hotkey name="MACRO"        modifier="" key="VK_0" />
	</hotkeys>
Does this mean I can change the default settings from:

<skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL"        modifier="" hotkey="VK_8" priority="70" />
To this:

<skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL"        hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
So that all of my skills can be cast from one single key? Or do I need to define an individual key for each skill?

Binafus

Re: Hotkey question.

#2 Post by Binafus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Make an empty macro in game, Esc, Macros, New, then put the new BLANK macro you just made in Slot Zero on your hot bar.

Excellency

#3 Post by Excellency » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

That is not my question... Please read it more carefully. I have that setup already, I'm wondering if in my profile I have to define a hotkey for each skill, or if using [hotkey="MACRO"] in-place of [modifier="" hotkey="VK_8"] would work for all the skills.

Binafus

#4 Post by Binafus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

There are default skills the bot will use without you adding anything.

As you play you will want it using different skills than maybe what is defualt in the bot.

That is when you would make your owns skills in your profile.

There is a lot of documentation on how to set up the bot and several examples.

Excellency

#5 Post by Excellency » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Again... Didn't really help. I'm looking for a simple yes or no answer on the functionality of the change I'm making to the codes I've listed. A simple "Yes, that will work" or "No, each skill requires an individual key set for it". That is all I'm looking for, I know how to setup and use the bot, I'm simply looking for a quick yes or no on this question.

Excellency

#6 Post by Excellency » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I must have missed this part in the wiki, but I found the answer to my question.

"Hotkeys: You can only use hotkeys without modifiers. Normaly that are the keys 'a-z' and '0-9'. If you want to use special keys like MINUS, PLUS, ... take a look into the file '\micromacro\lib\mods\keyboard\en_uk.lua' to find the right virtual keyname. Alternately you can assign the hotkey "MACRO". In that case the skill will be cast by using the RoM API function 'CastSpellByName()' via the MACRO hotkey (it is not garanted, that all needed skill names are within the database file 'skills_local.xml')."

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 am

Assigning MACRO as a hotkey will only work for certain localizations. I believe English and German are the only ones with all the information.