Have been banned?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jpp

Have been banned?

#1 Post by jpp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 am

Just have a thought, have anybody of us using bot been banned? permamnently/temporarly?
Can you share your cases?
I was not benned yet and have three characters on lvl 20-30, so just slowly started to like those "bot" people.
Usually I try to watch (keep an eye on) bot working - it still gives me fun. There are fixes that would like to have, so bot is behaving much better, but if banning does not happen, then let it be.

I noticed sometimes people ask me to join party without any reson - usually it does not happen when I'm playing my main character, so those could be so called GM bad people:). Sometimes they talk to me also.
Once I had gift from a girl - just received some items to wear, actually why should someone do this?

But today I had to accept terms of use in special format - so I had to scroll down whole text to be able to click on accept - does it mean next step will be ban? I had to do this only on "bot" characters, not main character. Bot characters where using three different accounts and I had to accept additional terms for all of them and recently I worked only with one of them. Also they use separate copy of ROM, but work from the same PC as main character. Anyway warning will not help becuase "bot" characters are for botting, so they will have to do their job:)

rock5

Re: Have been banned?

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 am

Well I've been botting since RoM was in beta and have never had any trouble and I've never seen those 'terms of use'.

I play on the EU servers. From what I understand, they are more strict on the US servers than the EU servers.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jpp

#3 Post by jpp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 am

That's what I hope too. I also play on EU servers. Beeing strict might also depend on local GM attitude, but will see soon. Will also be much more carefull now.

jpp

#4 Post by jpp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 am

It's like second lavel of gaming - getting some penalty for death is nothing compared to permanent death when beeing banned:).

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 am

jpp wrote:That's what I hope too. I also play on EU servers. Beeing strict might also depend on local GM attitude, but will see soon. Will also be much more carefull now.
It also helps to have big scripts. I have a couple of scripts that cover half the map and takes about half an hour to do 1 circuit. No one would suspect you with a script like that.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

MrStraatsoldaat

#6 Post by MrStraatsoldaat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:21 pm

people talk/trade/invite for party etc. To check if your botting

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 pm

MrStraatsoldaat wrote:people talk/trade/invite for party etc. To check if your botting
Sometimes, but nothing ever comes of it. Like I said, I've been botting since beta and have never been baned.

Starrider

#8 Post by Starrider » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 pm

The best way said also before is to have a big route, not even like 1h a circle, but still 10-15 minutes minimum.
Why: if there is another player for example farming at a position, which kills enemys faster as your bot and you have a short circle, there will sometimes be no more mobs for you to attack, so the real player sees your bot running your stupid waypoints again and again. Its the most case i can identify other bots.
If you have a longer cricle myabe another player is here or dont notice your bot and cant follow your whole route.

A second way to prevent you from identifying your bot is if you want to run a short cricle, operate with wait an watch radius to scan for mobs who not directly be taken in you waypoint route, so you become mor dynamic and you are leaving your waypoints. This is better for example for the DQ Skull Item area.

Next i can tell you is to bad things: first problem is not to answer whispers and second is to answer with DND Mode.
I use following solution: my afk system responses not silly DND message, it say's that I have switched of whispering function, i want to stay private now and that people who something want from me should write a IngamePost Massage.

jpp

#9 Post by jpp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 am

Then my only thought is that by mistake - or even by complete mistake I did send crash report, but even in this situation I'm not banned.
Thanks for all who replied.

3cmSailorfuku

#10 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 am

Never been banned or had a GM whispering to me or such, playing on EU servers since the beta and It's often likely that I bot for about 3 consecutive days on the same spot.

And those waypoints usually consists of 4 points and a route to a merchant.

Binafus

#11 Post by Binafus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Player reports you, you can get a tell from a GM or even one come check you out.

Before I was using this program I had an autoit script running killing cactus, it didn't even move.

A player kept messing with me jumping up and down by me and such, I was playing another character so I was watching the screen the whole time.

About fifteen minutes later I get a tell from Icarri at the time I did not even know he was a GM, he sent me two tells I did not respond the third one he identified himself as a GM so I responded.

I assume if I never responded I would have been banned.

I'm sure people get banned but a lot of people do stupid stuff.

Large Paths, change characters, don't get rich of the auction house, change items you farm and sell, do not put too many of any one item and do not sell the same stuff day after day.

They can check accounts by IP numbers too.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Binafus wrote:Player reports you, you can get a tell from a GM or even one come check you out.

Before I was using this program I had an autoit script running killing cactus, it didn't even move.

A player kept messing with me jumping up and down by me and such, I was playing another character so I was watching the screen the whole time.

About fifteen minutes later I get a tell from Icarri at the time I did not even know he was a GM, he sent me two tells I did not respond the third one he identified himself as a GM so I responded.

I assume if I never responded I would have been banned.

I'm sure people get banned but a lot of people do stupid stuff.

Large Paths, change characters, don't get rich of the auction house, change items you farm and sell, do not put too many of any one item and do not sell the same stuff day after day.

They can check accounts by IP numbers too.
I curious, did that happen on a EU server or US server?

raff

#13 Post by raff » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 am

Hi,

I got a ban a few month ago, I'm sure it was a player report, but the good thing is, the first ban is just a temporary 7 day ban.
Hallo,

Ihr Charakter "..." wurde soeben von uns vom Server getrennt, da der Charakter selbstständige Aktionen unternommen hat, ohne dass Sie am Rechner zugegen waren und auf unseren Mitarbeiter im Spiel reagiert hätten.

Gleichzeitig wird Ihr Account für 7 Tage vom Spiel wegen Verstoß gegen unsere AGB und Nutzungsbestimmungen gesperrt.

Diese Sperre gilt für Sie als Person. Sollten Sie während Ihrer Sperre im Spiel mit einem anderen Account angetroffen werden, wird die Sperre automatisch auch auf diesen Account erweitert und die Gesamtsperrzeit verlängert.

Sollten wir einen Ihrer Charaktere nochmals selbstständig im Spiel agierend vorfinden, behalten wir uns weitere Maßnahmen gegen Ihren Account vor. Dies kann bis zur permanenten Account-Sperre führen.

Wir weisen Sie darauf hin, das jedwede Nutzung sogenannter Bot-Programme im Zusammenhang mit Runes of Magic verboten ist, wenn diese es Ihrem Charakter erlauben, selbstständig Gegenstände von Gegnern aufzunehmen, sich zu heilen, Ausrüstung zu wechseln oder ähnliche Aktionen durchzuführen, welche normalerweise vom Spieler ausgeführt werden müssen.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Runes of Magic - Customer Care Service Center [Team EU]

Frogster Online Gaming GmbH
Hardenbergstrasse 9A | 10623 Berlin | Germany
Email: support@runesofmagic.de
Sorry there wasn't a english version in the mail.

randomuser01

#14 Post by randomuser01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 am

A guy in my guild got a 3 day ban for botting, no other actions taken against him (by that I mean they did not delete any items or gold, only a short ban).

He was botting in a very public area for about 48 hours straight when he was cought.

qcalex

#15 Post by qcalex » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 pm

raff wrote:Hi,

I got a ban a few month ago, I'm sure it was a player report, but the good thing is, the first ban is just a temporary 7 day ban.
Hi,

Her character "..." has just separated from us by the server, because the character has taken independent action, without you were present at the computer and would have responded to our staff in the game.

At the same time your account for 7 days from the game due to violation locked against our terms and conditions of use.

This lock applies to you as a person. If you encountered during your lock in the game with a different account, the lock is automatically extended to this account and extended the total blocking time.

If we find one of your characters in the game again independently acting, we reserve further action against your account. This can lead to permanent account lock.

We point out that any use of bot programs related to Runes of Magic is prohibited if this will allow your character, self-include items from enemies to heal itself, to change equipment or perform similar actions, which are usually of Players must be executed.
Sorry there wasn't a english version in the mail.
wow! so they do look at ip adresse...

Binafus

#16 Post by Binafus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 pm

US PVP server funny thing that someone would report you on a PVP server in the first place why not just kill the bot.

Like I said they guy kept messing with me and I just ignored him.

I have had zero bans in Runes of Magic but most of the time I'm at least close when my characters is botting, playing another character, or least checking on my computer pretty often.

People collecting Golden Eggs is a great example, you see players selling more eggs than a single character can farm.

People will have 500 to 700 eggs for sell on the auction house at a one time, if the GM's were really trying to catch people they would catch a lot, I assume the only way you get caught is by a player turning you in and then a GM talking to your character without response.

Most games have bots, this is a really really nice program to bot with and you do not see 100s of bots running around in game.

nokirk

#17 Post by nokirk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Haven't had any bans so far as well. Apart from the ideas already mentioned, I always use female chars for botting, give them a "natural" rpg-oriented char name and minimize body size when creating it. And I like to use rogue/priests, as they can sneak when not fighting. So it's less likely that another player sees my char and reports it if it seems strange to them.
Then, I'm using a lot of different accounts for botting so every char only bots for a couple of hours every day, then I change the account.

I'm still a little worried about sending stuff from these bots to my main character. At the moment I'm thinking of using a bot for maybe one month or so, then letting it rest for another month, log back in and if it hasen't been banned until then the stuff should be safe and I'll send it to my main character. Then abandon the char completely.

Do you guys have other (maybe more sophisticated and faster) tactics for transferring stuff from botting chars to your main char?

thetestdummy

#18 Post by thetestdummy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 pm

i make it easy and just bot on my main char lol, so i dont have to xfer anything, works great!

swietlowka

#19 Post by swietlowka » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:34 am

ur the first to loose everything u know?
for now i just send all to my main but im thinking of selling all on my bots and then buing staff through trade or ah for unresonalby prieces from the main charackter :d

MiesterMan

#20 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm not sure how the EU servers work but the US servers can barely keep up with mail, why would they keep an outrageously large log file of who sent what to who? Yea, I freely transfer between multiple accounts and characters, no worries though for the most part I keep my main seperate for other reasons. I send him money though.