Suggestion: AoE Agro check

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Starrider

Suggestion: AoE Agro check

#1 Post by Starrider » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 am

Hello I have a suggestion or an request for improvments of the bot.

Actually the bot is only fixed on attacking one target, which is very problematical when the bot comes in a group of mobs (for example 3):

When the bot kills the first mob (my problem Loot_again pause 2 seconds) then it waits because in 80% cases I got the massage for Loot_Again, did you activate click to move etc. question.
During this time two other mobs make ther jobs fine and are still attacking me (they not wait for my looting coffetime :-) ).
Then the bot wait for aggro, this needs also 1-2 seconds until the bot starts attacking the second mob...

I think it takes too long to attack the next target.

Is it possible, like the aggrometer, that the bot collect all 2-3 seconds information about mobs who make aggro and to create a "MobAttack Queue" where the bot stores the values which mob makes the most aggro also will be the next target?
Or as the minimum of improvemnt which I would like to suggest is that the bot during the first fight still knows there are to other Mobs. if the Bot would collect such information during the first battle, then he can use also AoE Damage Skills so the bot can react faster and start attacking the next mob immideatly after looting.

i think its a big improvment and much work XD

rock5

Re: Suggestion: AoE Agro check

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 am

Starrider wrote:Hello I have a suggestion or an request for improvments of the bot.

Actually the bot is only fixed on attacking one target, which is very problematical when the bot comes in a group of mobs (for example 3):

When the bot kills the first mob (my problem Loot_again pause 2 seconds) then it waits because in 80% cases I got the massage for Loot_Again, did you activate click to move etc. question.
During this time two other mobs make ther jobs fine and are still attacking me (they not wait for my looting coffetime :-) ).
Then the bot wait for aggro, this needs also 1-2 seconds until the bot starts attacking the second mob...

I think it takes too long to attack the next target.

Is it possible, like the aggrometer, that the bot collect all 2-3 seconds information about mobs who make aggro and to create a "MobAttack Queue" where the bot stores the values which mob makes the most aggro also will be the next target?
Or as the minimum of improvemnt which I would like to suggest is that the bot during the first fight still knows there are to other Mobs. if the Bot would collect such information during the first battle, then he can use also AoE Damage Skills so the bot can react faster and start attacking the next mob immideatly after looting.

i think its a big improvment and much work XD
I'd say, up until now, none of this was possible or practical, no matter how much we would like it. But with some recent advancements in the bot, it's becoming feasible. target_NPC, harvest and the new target_object functions now use memory address so they no longer need to face their target and actually create a table of objects around the character to decide which to open/harvest. The same could be done with mobs. The attack function could collect a table of mobs surrounding the character, check to see if any of them have you targeted and attack them. When you are fighting multiple mobs, you could instantly attack the next mob that has targeted you even if behind you; you wouldn't have to wait for aggro. You could also collect all the loot at the end instead of during combat. AoE spells will always be problematical but we might even come up with solutions for that.

That said, even though I updated the other functions, I left this one because it is beyond me. Administrator will have to tackle this when he gets the time.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

swietlowka

#3 Post by swietlowka » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 am

That would be awesome :O
Right now i cant use Purgatory fire for example cause it aggro, and if it killed with it it wont loot...
But the most important is looting after leave combat and not waiting for aggro, it kills my bot the most of the time imho :(

Starrider

#4 Post by Starrider » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:39 pm

yes it would make the bot more flexible...

KillerTHC

#5 Post by KillerTHC » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:24 pm

One thing I noticed during the use of the bot is that when I am trying to cast a spell but can't and go to change targets, the last target still has a red reticule around them. I believe that the Runes of Magic client keeps a table of our last few targets, this could be used to select what mobs we want to attack with skills like Purgatory Fire, etc... Since Runes of Magic supports multiple targets we can use this by targeting 4 mobs and then keeping a table with those mobs that way we will know all the information regarding where they die, if they are attacking you, if they are dead, etc...