Where to get WPE

For software allows you to capture, edit, and playback packets that are sent/received to/by a specific program running on your computer.
3cmSailorfuku

Re: Where to get WPE

#21 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Anaughtymouse wrote:Hey guys, just trying to play with this....heh its new to me even if it isn't to you guys....I can't seem to get it to work properly for Shaiya.

I can pick up all the packets etc, work out which ones relate to which actions, but sending them insta disconnects me. I guessed this was to do with the first couple bytes acting up...I've removed them as I read in another thread might help but then the packets don't seem to do anything atall.

Very much a nub at this but any advice from people who have had luck with Shaiya or maybe somewhere I can read up first would be appreciate, thanks for you time!
I believe Shaiya uses a timestamp based encryption, or packets that were hashed through a timestamp convention.

MiesterMan

#22 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 pm

I downloaded the latest version (the link above doesn't work without a login, or something) and now I can't connect to the FW servers.

Ouch. My spyware progs didn't detect anything and it cleared the virus scan. Can anyone verify for me the newest version for win 7 isn't hack?

Edit: A reboot made it so I can log in again, but that doesn't mean the drivers weren't swapped >.<

Ah well.

MiesterMan

#23 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

MiesterMan wrote:I downloaded the latest version (the link above doesn't work without a login, or something) and now I can't connect to the FW servers.

Ouch. My spyware progs didn't detect anything and it cleared the virus scan. Can anyone verify for me the newest version for win 7 isn't hack?

Edit: A reboot made it so I can log in again, but that doesn't mean the drivers weren't swapped >.<

Ah well.
So, I found that no matter what I did the program wouldn't read packets from the game (FW). I thought this would be a quick solution but then I remembered they have measures in the game to prevent this kind of interference.

As a side note, which may or may not be important, I found that when I tried to delete the directory that I extracted WPE too, I couldn't because the WP..Spy.dll file was attached to iexplorer.exe. I hadn't attached it so I'm kinda skeptical about this program, even more so...

Well, I guess I'll know it a few days whether or not it really happened, :lol: .

Administrator
Site Admin

#24 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:55 am

Just like every other packet editor, the software depends on hooks. It needs to be able to dig its claws into the socket library in order to have access to that kind of information. Everything you described is reasonably expected.

MiesterMan

#25 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 am

Ah, thank you. I've always been nervous about anything that digs into those things cause of my prior experience with some rather nasty malware. I think it traumatized me so much I forcefully forgot the name of it.

Thank you for the reassurance :)

Administrator
Site Admin

#26 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 am

That is understandable. But, you have more to fear from real malware like Hackshield or GameGuard than you do from legitimate tools like WPE.