20%
The new theme ("Hestia")
80%

Total votes: 5

Administrator
Site Admin

Forum theme change

#1 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 am

As I'm sure you've noticed, the default theme has been changed. The old theme ('Ubuntu') had a few issues with it being incompatible with the most recent version of the forum software. Although most of the issues were fixed (if even done half-assed), some minor issued persisted.

Rather than bother rewriting chunks of that theme, I have installed a newer, clearer looking theme and set it as the default. In addition, I've re-enabled the option for users to select their own forum theme. You'll find this option under "Board preferences" in your user control panel. Feel free to switch back to that theme if you are more comfortable with it.

Please let me know which theme you prefer by voting in the poll.

rock5

Re: Forum theme change

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 am

First, there are 4 themes. Why don't you add all 4 to the poll?

There are a few things I don't like about the new theme.
1. Of all the themes, only Hestia doesn't have a search box at the top of the page.
2. All the writing on the page seems to be the same size and color or nearly so. Not enough contrast.
3. I don't see the solarstrike logo anywhere. Not important but still...
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 am

It's mostly a comparison of the two default themes. The other themes were actually installed before, but nobody had access to changing them.

A search box could be added. That's not unreasonable. What changes to the font would you like to see? The more specific, the better.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Administrator wrote:It's mostly a comparison of the two default themes. The other themes were actually installed before, but nobody had access to changing them.

A search box could be added. That's not unreasonable. What changes to the font would you like to see? The more specific, the better.
I can't be too specific but something like the titles of each section of the page a bit bigger and darker. I'd also like the folder location to stand out a bit more. By folder location I mean the line that looks like "Board Index / Games / Runes of Magic".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro