using debugg on CE closes game, any work around?

You can find tutorials and ask questions about memory editing here. You may also post any game-specific information you find (ie. cheat tables or addresses).
lisa

using debugg on CE closes game, any work around?

#1 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:45 am

Ok I have started to play around with
Grand Fantasia
I can use CE without issue to find addresses but as soon as I try to do a find out what accesses this address, it starts debugger and game crashes.

Also can't work out how to find the window process.
Ie for Runes of Magic it is Radiant Arcana
I did find in client.exe for RoM a reference to Radiant Arcana but it was line 22800 or around there anyway. I checked task manager and still came up with nothing.

Interestingly I have addresses for hp/mp/skill charges but they arn't static, which isn't interesting the interesting part is I kill the game and start a fresh game and the addresses are still for the same things. I'll do more testing but I may not even need to find static addresses for them.
--=== Update ===--

Nope restarted game again and addresses changed, ohh well.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: using debugg on CE closes game, any work around?

#2 Post by Administrator » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:27 am

lisa wrote:Ok I have started to play around with
Grand Fantasia
I can use CE without issue to find addresses but as soon as I try to do a find out what accesses this address, it starts debugger and game crashes.
Probably caused by anti-debugging. Try doing the non-injected method and see if that helps. Also check the debugging options for CE as there are several configurations for preventing detection of debugging (which vary depending on your OS).
Also can't work out how to find the window process.
Ie for Runes of Magic it is Radiant Arcana
I did find in client.exe for RoM a reference to Radiant Arcana but it was line 22800 or around there anyway. I checked task manager and still came up with nothing.
Try installing winspector. Lock onto the window, then bring up the 'properties' for that window. You're looking for the class name.
Alternatively, you can use MicroMacro. Try running this at the script prompt:

Code: Select all

exec printf("Class name: %s\n", getWindowClassName(findWindow("whatever")));
Interestingly I have addresses for hp/mp/skill charges but they arn't static, which isn't interesting the interesting part is I kill the game and start a fresh game and the addresses are still for the same things. I'll do more testing but I may not even need to find static addresses for them.
That is because dynamic addresses will be assigned the first unallocated memory region when being allocated. Sometimes (quite often), when you restart the software, it will just so happen to fit quite nicely in the region(s) it had just given up.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:31 am

exec printf("Class name: %s\n", getWindowClassName(findWindow("Grand Fantasia")));
worked for me =)
DJO_CLASS
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

Failed to get debugger to work I had CE 6.0 I just got CE 6.1 and managed to get debugger working.

Start of a long winding road lmao

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:21 pm

lisa wrote:Failed to get debugger to work I had CE 6.0 I just got CE 6.1 and managed to get debugger working.

Start of a long winding road lmao
I just wanted to say thanks again, this worked for me. And I really like some of the new features 6.1 has that 6.0 didn't. I don't know how you got the debugger to work but I used the VEH debugger and it's working like a charm.