Little stuck finding a pointer...

You can find tutorials and ask questions about memory editing here. You may also post any game-specific information you find (ie. cheat tables or addresses).
Jiggaboo

Little stuck finding a pointer...

#1 Post by Jiggaboo » Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

So, I've got most of it down, but I have a bit of a problem with the first step actually -.-
Trying to find the address for HP, and the first step is to scan for the exact value, easy to do.
The only problem? I get it down to FOUR addresses that follow my HP perfectly ........ so it's kinda hard to move on to the next step when I have 3 possible shadow values. Is there something I am missing here? Changing any of the values in cheat engine does nothing (to be expected right? since my HP value is being set by the server, changing it clientside shouldn't do anything)...and changing it in-game affects all 4 addresses I have, so I can't tell which one is the real one.

(I'd ask this on the CE forums, but they don't support online game cheating)

i[dot]imgur[dot]c[o]m/8TLbP.png

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Little stuck finding a pointer...

#2 Post by Administrator » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Well, if this is the case, it shouldn't really mater. If you only want to know how much HP your character has (for botting purposes, auto-potion, or other reasons), any of the 4 should do the job. Changing any of them will have no effect as your characters true health will be dealt with on the server, not the client.