Arche Age Beta

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/
ArcheAge NA/EU
rock5

Re: Arche Age Beta

#61 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 am

Ok. Just tested it. First test was obviously wrong as the process.open function only accepts procids.

Code: Select all

Lua> win=window.find("Runes of Magic") print(win)
Lua> proc=process.open(win) print(proc)
nil
The second test I assumed you were trying to read a pointer because you have 4 following the address so I used a pointer that I had in CE.

Lua> procid=process.findByWindow(win) print(procid)
Lua> proc=process.open(procid) print(proc)
Process handle: 0x254
Lua> print(process.read(proc,"int",0x9E35AC,0x30))
I was expecting 1280. That's when I realized I didn't specify a pointer. This worked.

Lua> print(process.readPtr(proc,"int",0x9E35AC,0x30))
Is it possible you wanted to read a pointer and forgot to use readPtr instead of read?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#62 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 am

i thought the number was for number of bytes as opposed to meaning anything else.

number|string process.read(handle procHandle, string type, number address[, number length]) 
hmm just reread the wiki and that number is for length of string but still I didn't even get that far, arg1 was number or nil and not userdata.

I'll try again and see how I go.

So yeah purely trying to read even 1 little bit of memory, if I can manage that then I can start on other things.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#63 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:18 am

Well I showed that the method works so it might be an issue with shieldguard. Although you might want to do a similar test yourself of a non protected process, just to be sure.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#64 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:54 am

well this worked on other stuff, need to test it on the game though.

win = window.find(targetWindowName, targetWindowClass);
	if( win ) then
		local procid = process.findByWindow(win)
		proc = process.open(procid)
		print(proc)
		print(process.read(proc, "byte", 0x80004,4))
	else
		print("wrong info")
	end
Process handle: 0x258

yup it fails at the process.open for archeage but same code works for other things.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

#65 Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah. It is not uncommon for HackShield to prevent you from opening a handle to a process. I mean, it is a rootkit/malware after all. What is needed is a system driver that grants that permission back. Or to disable HackShield.

lisa

#66 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 pm

yeah i was seeing it as a challenge to try and use MM to work out memory addresses and such, was going to set up batch reads and what not and see how I went.
Since I can't do even 1 memory read then no point trying anymore.

I am slowly but surely lvling up in game, 20 now, turns out you need to be a patron to be able to have a house and since hardly any land around then there is no point working on that.
So I will just stick with my aiming to build a fishing boat, eventually, need 250 stars and I have 29 at the moment lol

I joined a guild and they seem nice enough, so game is a little more interesting.

lisa

#67 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:06 pm

had real life stuff to deal with and so I didn't play the game for 4 days, logged in today and I had been kicked from the guild I joined lol

lisa

#68 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:54 am

well I eventually bought 2 apex and got patron, since there is no land though I can't help but feel it was a complete waste of gold. Sure you get loyalty tokens and labor boost but 5g for 1000 labor from worker's comp is cheaper than buying 2 apex for a month.

Anyway so I have been using the 7day scarecrow field, so that is atleast something.
I would have probably been better off putting the gold for patron to building a farm cart lol
trade runs are definitely where the gold is at for me. Mind you a clipper would do a similar job for doing trade runs and g/h.

I still haven't reached max level yet, mid 30's.

Yoder

#69 Post by Yoder » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Well I just downloaded this hope I can help you guys in some way.
wasnt much for finding memory points in runes but maybe I can learn.

ZZZZZ

#70 Post by ZZZZZ » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:52 am

lisa wrote:well I eventually bought 2 apex and got patron, since there is no land though I can't help but feel it was a complete waste of gold. Sure you get loyalty tokens and labor boost but 5g for 1000 labor from worker's comp is cheaper than buying 2 apex for a month.
You'll find that patron wins out no matter regardless of land.

Assuming that your online status doesnt change between patron and f2p, Patron itself makes you an extra ~40k labor more than being f2p.

For calculations sake, i'll assume you can be logged in 24/7 of the month.
patron = 2 labor/min
f2p = 1 labor/min
1 month = 43200 minutes (30 days)
Workers comps on the US servers are almost as low as 4g currently, so at minimum 43k labor costs 172g while currently APEX is around 55-60g ea.

Meaning you are saving at least 45g by just having patron in regards to labor. And then you can include land/loyalty tokens/AH access (1 time purchase)/reduced queues (not much of an issue now)/ 10% XP bonus...oh and a labor cap of 5k rather than a meager 2k.

tl;dr Patron is still the better option over worker's comps.

lisa

#71 Post by lisa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 pm

yeah i worked out the other day I get back around 100g in selling loyalty items over the month, so that alone pays for the APEX without even including anything else.
It's just such a pain not finding any land =(

pandern

#72 Post by pandern » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 am

Is it possible to create script for hunting specific place? What I mean is, I would place my char in 1 place, start MM and he would just kill mobs that surround him (and gather loot).

As I understand its difficult to make WP like in RoM, but just simple hunting nearby mobs should be easier.

Why? Cause Jester's Coinpurse. Leave char in sanddeep and let him kill mobs and collect it.

Its not a request, just asking if it is possible, I will try converting some RoM script for that.

lisa

#73 Post by lisa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:47 pm

Figure I would post here as it's not really about boting but about the game itself.

Today was crazy, absolutely bonkers.
So server I play on in less than 2 hours every map had been claimed by a guild and was completely covered in build sites, I though trion said it would take days to do lol

Since EU players haven't had the chance to do it yet they get to learn from the NA experience.

Basically unless you are in a very large guild that is trying to claim a map then there is no need to rush to the island. You can simply take a red portal from a major city to calmlands and then head to the place you want to put down your house/farm.

There are spots on each of the maps where a guild can take their stones to be able to claim that map, some have more spots than others. If you see a large group of 1 guild go to a stone and they are carrying packs then head to another area, a circle around that stone will be only accesible to the guild claiming. All other areas of the map are up for grabs though, just get out your building design and you can see the little wooden poles to indicate the build areas.
The areas themselves seem quite large but believe me they will be full of build sites within a second of the map being claimed, it is crazy.

Now if you are in a big guild, turn all your settings down to minimum, set it so all gear on players looks like default. The game will be extremely laggy, head to a section of map where your 50k miners can get their stones, if you get there fast you will get a 100 or so before the large blob of people arrive and then you will find it hard to get any stones. At this stage you just farm up the stones any time you can, there are some mobs around but the biggest issue is other players.

The guild that claims a map gets an area around the stone, it isn't huge though so to be honest the guildies should also be trying to put down their build sites in an area around it. Any guild big enough to claim a map will find the area very small and a lot of guildies won't get any spots in the circle.

There didn't seem to be any places to make packs on the island, so having some of the private masonry and sawmill is an extremely good idea, then you just need to run a few packs to build those and the rest of the packs you need can be made right there on the island.

Most people put down 16 + sized buildings and not very organised, so there is a lot of space for 8x8 after the initial rush of planting buildings is over.

There is a lot of PvP, a lot of red v green and a lot of people turning on pvp to kill fellow greenies. I suggest staying together in a group as you move around, even when trying to run packs to the island there is a lot of people just going around trying to kill what they can. Not everyone will get a building site planted and those people will be upset to put it mildly and those will be the ones who go around killing anyone they can.

So yeah that is pretty much it, my experience of the first couple of hours after patch goes live.

ZZZZZ

#74 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:02 am

My experience = Still can't log in hours after server came back up :D So much crap went down on my server if anything I heard it true lol, guilds betraying others (and then still failing to build a castle xD).

Then there is the hundreds of forum posts raging about the land and the dc's...I agree with most of them unfortunately, I still cannot believe they regarded hack shield as efficient enough to leave 98% of ALL info to client side... I don't even know how any legitimate company can be that stupid these days...its not like MMO's havn't been out for decades...would think they would learn :/

BlubBlab

#75 Post by BlubBlab » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 am

Remind me on this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx4qBiR1iA
Besides the lags I didn't aspect much different from what I hear what happen and happened.

The combination of PvP and trading is a welcome for deceivers, highwaymen and troll-gildes who want to dominate the servers.(and the worst of it they will dominate the servers)
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

lisa

#76 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:31 am

well it took me ages but I finally got a merchant ship today.

Now I read on the forum that there is an exploit for the random chests to make sure you get exactly the item you want.
I also hear there is going to be a box on market that has a chance to give merchant ships.

So it took me a month to get mine, in a few days every man and his dog will have 1.

Administrator
Site Admin

#77 Post by Administrator » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 am

Yeah, a chance. I'm sure it'll be like the car that has a chance to come from the current (being removed as we speak) box. Even with the exploit to get infinite gems to buy more boxes with, you didn't see any cars around.

Basically, unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars for a slight chance of getting a ship that way, you shouldn't bother with the boxes. It just isn't worth it.

lisa

#78 Post by lisa » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 am

I log in to use up some labor and that is pretty much it now days. Hardly any of my "family" logs in anymore, guild I am in is down to 10 online at busiest where it used to be 20-30, hardly anyone online and yet the land demolishes are still being snagged up by people, not me =(
was 8 16 x 16 in cinder all demoed in 3 days, 6 were all snagged up by the same person with a much better ping than me obviously.

So yeah no land to speak of, no friends to talk with. game is basically dead to me =(

franek

#79 Post by franek » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 am

@lisa
Sad, but true.

I am still banned for packet loosing (3,5 weeks with no mail from appeal support, no information about reason of ban, totally nothing). Escalating ban to senior queue didn't work. Bored of game, tired of exploits. GG WP, Trion.

Administrator
Site Admin

#80 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, people are pushing Black Desert as a better version of ArcheAge. Maybe that will better suit you?