Arche Age Beta

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/
ArcheAge NA/EU
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Arche Age Beta

#41 Post by Administrator » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:23 am

It's a pain, I'm sure. The game is still a lot of fun when you actually get a chance to play. They keep adding new servers when they can, but are being careful to not overdo it. The worst thing that could happen is if they add too many servers, and then as the hype starts to wear down, the population gets stretched too thin. If that happened, the game would feel very dead, and people would leave. Hopefully they can work out something. Server merges would be problematic because of land and things like that, so I don't think that would ever happen.

A lot of the problem is also that people have figured out that they can beat the queue by leaving their computer on and then just stay at character selection screen all day until they are ready to play. Even though those people aren't in the game, they are still using up a slot and delaying the people in queue. And then there's also people that AFK level their mounts in Mirage Isle over night. That's just scummy. I don't mind that they are leveling their mounts; it is the fact that they are blocking others from playing. Both of these two can be fixed and should be fixed in the next patch. That'll knock out a good chunk of the queue times.

lisa

#42 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:56 am

yeah more servers won't really help in the long run, if they are still heavily advertising ther game then sending new players to new servers would help.

From what I saw when I actually got to play, the gold spammers would be a good place to start, get rid of them and you will free up 10-15 slots on every server at any single time.

I read they did implement something to kick afk at character select screen.

Hopefully they work on a few things that will help.

I did queue up for 1 of the new servers, was only 550 and was less than an hour to get in but to be honest I just didn't want to start over. I will just delete the character at some stage, I only plan on playing 1 char for a while anyway.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:15 am

Finally got through the queue, looked forward to having some fun only to see this.

Bad day for me and Archeage.
gods disc.jpg
gods disc.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 9266 times
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

#44 Post by Administrator » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

They also reduced the AFK timer from 45 minutes to 10 minutes. I haven't heard anything official on this, but people keep saying it so it might be true. Apparently going AFK at character selection all day has been the main contributing factor. It is almost kind of ironic. People AFK at character select to avoid the queue, but doing so is what causes the queue.

The servers should be down for about 1 more hour. If you're able to try to login right as they come up, then you shouldn't have to put up with any queue.
Edit: NA servers are up now. Looks like EU, as well.

lisa

#45 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Administrator wrote:It is almost kind of ironic. People AFK at character select to avoid the queue, but doing so is what causes the queue.
That is because a lot of people in the world truely believe they shouldn't have to wait like everyone else does, it's pretty sad really.

Anyway I logged in this morning and queue was 2600 instead of 4500, so that is a good start to the day, it's been 1 hour and still at 2245 though =(

been in queue for 6.5 hours now and still 1100 to go, so at this rate only 5-6 hours to go =(

rock5

#46 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:48 pm

lisa wrote:That is because a lot of people in the world truely believe they shouldn't have to wait like everyone else does, it's pretty sad really.
It's because too many people in the world only care about themselves. "Who cares that lots of people can't log on and are getting frustrated because I AFK at the character selection screen, as long as I don't have to wait when I want to play." Grrrr.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 am

yup pretty much.

As for today my son again got on the laptop at some stage and exited the queue, it was probably still 800 or so though.

I am thinking tonight I join queue before going to bed, then 8-9 hours later I get up and there might be only 3-4 hours to go in queue but since I work tomorrow it means I might get 1 hours play time and that is about it.

I mean don't get me wrong this weekend my issue was son exiting queue, before he got to it though I had already been queued for 6+ hours, which in my eyes is a bit extreme anyway.

Administrator
Site Admin

#48 Post by Administrator » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Man. This is crazy. I've delivered a dozen or so tradepacks today. Just now, I made another pack of cookies and was planning on heading to the west continent. Met a pack of follow tradesmen and thought I'd join up with them. Hopped on their boat and started out to sea... when they dropped ship, and stealthed. Well, I had a feeling something was about to go down that I wasn't much of a fan of, so I did some sick backflips and stealthed also. Once I felt safe enough, I summoned my own ship and changed routes to avoid them.

I was now headed towards Ynystere when, hey, guess who I see on the horizon? The same ship that I had just been ejected from. They either lied to me or also changed course to the same port. I kept my distance to avoid controversy, but once I got near port I had to just gun it. Some people from my own faction jumped off the docks and started gliding towards me. One landed on my ship and started attacking me. Up on the dock, I could see another 30-40 reds all camping it. I gunned it and rammed that other ship of untrustworthy dopes out of the way (probably getting at least one of them killed), and ran right up to the gold trader before anyone could kill me and take my spoils. Now that I had that weight off my back (literally) I didn't care if someone killed me, and that's when I noticed that those dozens of red players all had tradepacks on. I tried to bait them into attacking me so a guard would kill them, but they wouldn't. Eventually, a small fight broke out among 3 of them, a guard killed htem all, and I helped myself to a tradepack of theirs. Easiest 2 gilda stars yet!

lisa

#49 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:09 am

queues have gotten much much better, at worst time of day for me it is 2-3 hours but quite a lot of the time I play there is no queue at all.
So yeah liking this much nicer than a few days ago =)

question on gilda stars, so I have found out the fishing boat costs 250 gilda stars, so fare I have gotten them from the story line quests and also once a day from the revive thingy (nuian character)
Any other ways to get them?
I am still lvl 14 ish.

ZZZZZ

#50 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:59 am

Agreed, it is much more interesting now. Even when I had to restart comp around peak time, I only ended up with a 1.1k que that lasted about an hour.

To do with botting in this....the only bot I would see myself using would be 1 to path the routes between trade pack runs xD Takes soooooo long lol...though could have something to do with my fail lvl 13 donkey...getting there >.>

lisa

#51 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:04 pm

well to be able to bot you first need to get past hackshield, as soon as you start CE hackshield closes down the game.
I did have a play with MM and doing some mem reading, nothing exciting yet, still trying to get it to work but atleast MM doesn't close down the game.

Administrator
Site Admin

#52 Post by Administrator » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:22 pm

I'd be careful about opening up Cheat Engine (or anything similar) while playing the game. Not only does it get detected and shut down the game as you have said, but it is also logged server-side where they will review it and possibly ban you.

lisa

#53 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:06 am

I have tried a few different ways to try and read memory with MM and I am getting nowhere, I think my issue is the same issue I always have, proc.

Code: Select all

win = window.find(targetWindowName, targetWindowClass);
proc = process.open(win)
print(process.read(proc, "byte", 0x8000000, 4))

win = window.find(targetWindowName, targetWindowClass);
local procid = process.findByWindow(win) 
proc = process.open(procid)
print(process.read(proc, "byte", 0x8000000, 4))
and a few other things, it never worked, arg1 was either a number of nil and never userdata.

rock5

#54 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:00 am

Sorry to divert the topic here but it just occurred to me, why do we always have to specify the proc when reading memory? In any given program we usually will read memory from only 1 process so why not have some method of having it 'remember' the proc and have it ise it be default?

Example:

Code: Select all

proc=process.open(procid)
process.setProc(proc)
value = process.read("byte",0x8000000)
Maybe the same could be done for functions that use WIN. Maybe there could be 1 function that saves the win and proc of a process to use by default.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Administrator
Site Admin

#55 Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 am

I don't like that idea so much. Problem is that it is stored in Lua's memory space. This means the object could be cleared (garbage collection or manually unset), and it would then cause a mismatch in data, possibly leading to crashes.

Besides, I'm planning on doing some more stuff with multiple windows and processes in the future. That's actually one thing I wanted to make a point of.

rock5

#56 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:27 am

How could it be cleared if there is some variable pointing to it? Although mismatched data is an issue. At least the getProc() function of the bot checks the value.

Multiple processes and windows sounds interesting. I'm thinking though that that would require true multithreading, a thread for each process.

Administrator
Site Admin

#57 Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 pm

It is kind of hard to explain, but it is because MicroMacro would keep a copy when you call a function like that, and the Lua environment would have its variable (win or proc or whatever). If one of those variables went out of scope, it would close the handle without informing the other party, and that's where things get messy.

lisa

#58 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am

ok that's nice and all but umm back to my question, was I doing it wrong or is hackshield stopping me from reading memory with MM ?

ZZZZZ

#59 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:22 am

Sort of annoyed with this game at the moment. It seems that the only sure fire way to get materials is just camp other players farms and steal everything. Its too easy for somebody to just come along and take anything and everything you plant.....hell, some even uproot your plants for the heck of it....and they don't even get anything out of it.

The only way I can see you fending off people is if you and a friend or 2 have a large farm and camp it 24/7 in a hostile environment, killing off anyone that threatens it.

Even as a patron, if you were too unlucky to get your hands on some farm land, then you're stuck like everyone else.

On the other hand, everything except the housing/farming side of things is pretty amazing.

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 am

lisa wrote:ok that's nice and all but umm back to my question, was I doing it wrong or is hackshield stopping me from reading memory with MM ?
Easy to test. Try that method another process that isn't hackshield protected and see if it works.