Runescape

For any other game that doesn't have its own section.
ZZZZZ

Runescape

#1 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:41 am

Just curious if anyone here has ever played Runescape and whether or not you have tried using MM with it?

I have only made some simple timed key/mouse inputs along side anti-idle kick, but I am having issues with virtual inputs and for the life of me I cannot figure out why they won't work. Physical inputs work fine and I have tried everything I can think of to test virtual but ... yeh.

My best guess is that the NXT client (Runescapes alternative client to the old Java in web browser version) is somehow blocking it, but as I said, physical works so no idea.

If anyone has some input, it would be greatly appreciated, I want to attempt reading pixels but I don't see the point (for me personally) unless I can get virtual inputs working.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Runescape

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Could be one of two things. If they have some sort of anti-cheat, it could be hooking the functions and blocking input at the kernel level. If not, then it just simply has to do with how the game client is accessing input data; it may not be reading it from a location that virtual input is jamming into it, and therefore does not see it.

Short of hacking the game client, it's near impossible to get the game to accept virtual input if it is not coded to read from that type of input queue.

If you're trying to bot in the background while do other tasks, you could always run it inside of a virtual machine.