Rift going F2P 12 june

For all new anticipated games. Discuss the games you want to play, beta events, and more.
lisa

Rift going F2P 12 june

#1 Post by lisa » Sun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Anyone played Rift ?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Rift going F2P 12 june

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon May 27, 2013 1:54 am

I played it when it was first released. The class balance was terrible past about level 30 since the beta testing only went up to level 30. It just got boring fast and the PVP was a joke so I stopped playing. I'm assuming that has all changed but can't say for sure whether or not it is good now.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am

it reminds me a lot of wow, very very similar.

Made myself up a little fishing script lol

Code: Select all

Caught 226 in 4448 seconds, casting again.
Caught 227 in 4469 seconds, casting again.
Caught 228 in 4486 seconds, casting again.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 am

Since I keep getting kicked off for being AFK I made up this little script to keep me from being kicked, I used it in your "house".
noafk.lua
(901 Bytes) Downloaded 353 times
Also helps with the raptr application that gives freebies for played time, at the moment 14 hours of played time = xpansion + 30 days credit, well worth leaving the PC on overnight to get it, you also get 3 types of pots for the 30 day credit, helps lvl faster and get favor (pvp credits)

If you really wanted you could probably just change it to do a single keypress every now and then instead of the turning left and right, really wouldn't be hard to change.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:42 am

Well only a few days until it is F2P, I am having issues with pointers as they always seem to change each reboot, not sure what is going on.

For example for fishing I use a set of offsets and just chech each 1 on start up to see which to use.

local mywin, proc, mainOffset
repeat 
   mywin = findProcess("RIFT*");
   proc = openProcess(mywin);
   mainOffset = getModuleAddress(mywin, "rift.exe");
until mainOffset ~= 0
printf("main offset 0x%X\n",mainOffset)
local offsets = {
{0xC,0x158,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
{0xC,0x168,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
{0x7C,0xE8,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
{0x8,0x138,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
{0x8,0x120,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
{0x10,0xA8,0x17C,0x344,0x54},
}
local foffset

showWarnings(false)
for k,v in pairs(offsets) do
	local fish = memoryReadIntPtr(getProc(),mainOffset+_Address.Fishbase,v)
	if fish and fish == 0 then foffset = v end
end
showWarnings(true)
printf("Currently using offsets of ")
for c,d in pairs(foffset) do
	printf("0x%X ",d)
end
printf("\n")
So it is always the same last 3 offsets and same static starting address but to get to that "base" point before the 3rd offset it seems to change each time, can't work out why.

So yeah until I work that out there won't be much I can get reliably from memory.

The game itself is semi interesting, kind of getting bored with parts but other parts keep me going.

If you "have target" it is just a static though so it is reliable.

"rift.exe"+0x18A5B08

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:45 am

With Aion I started by finding long pointers for some values using pointer scans until I realized the resulting addresses were always the same offset from game.dll. So I'd suggest checking your resulting address offset from rift.exe. It's a long shot but worth checking.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:26 am

So basically have a different set of offsets for each value of "rift.exe", how many variations of the value for "rift.exe" can there be?

I'll do some testing on it anyway of course ;)

3cmSailorfuku

#8 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:55 pm

lisa wrote:So basically have a different set of offsets for each value of "rift.exe", how many variations of the value for "rift.exe" can there be?

I'll do some testing on it anyway of course ;)
He meant that the DLL loaded could always have a different EP of which you could calculate with the offsets the adresses you want.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:51 pm

I should describe what most of my Aion addresses look like. They look like this.

memoryReadInt(getProc(), getGameBase() + addresses.someAddress)
Pretty much all my memory accesses are an offset of game.dll which varies in size so getGameBase() returns the current size. It actually looks like this.

function getGameBase()
	if __GAMEBASE == nil or __GAMEBASE == 0 then
		__GAMEBASE = getModuleAddress(findProcessByWindow(getWin()), "game.dll");
	end

return __GAMEBASE
end
Finding an address to store in addresses.lua usually involves finding the current address, minusing the current getGameBase() and saving that.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:33 am

pretty much what I already use to get the Base address, my issue is the offsets also change =(

repeat 
   mywin = findProcess("RIFT*");
   proc = openProcess(mywin);
   mainOffset = getModuleAddress(mywin, "rift.exe");
until mainOffset ~= 0
printf("main offset 0x%X\n",mainOffset)

if memoryReadInt(getProc(),mainOffset+_Address.Incombat) == 1 then

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 am

That sucks then. :(

Can you find search pattern for the offsets like we do in update.lua?

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 am

I'd have to find where the specific offset is listed for that specific purpose though, unfortunately they didn't make the offset the next set of bytes from the address, that would be to easy lol

I think I would need to relearn all that olly stuff again and see if I can open rift in olly, that is probably the only way I will get anything reliable.

I haven't really played much lately though, been pretty busy with real life stuff. Tax time usually keeps me busy for a good 4 weeks, also looking at a career change aswell.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 am

Well I usually find offset patterns by doing "What accesses this address" in CE. Then if you are lucky enough to end up with a result that includes the offset, eg.

0044DBF1 - movess [ecx+40],xmm0
Then I click, "Show dissembler" and it will show the 0044DBF1 memory area and I make a pattern for there, that extracts the "40" offset. Although if the offsets change I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with some variable instead of an offset eg.

0044DBF1 - movess [ecx+esp],xmm0

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Ok so this is what I am looking at right now.
mem1.png
I try to do find out what accesses this address on 0x267443D8 and it has no results.
same for the second.

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 am

That pic looks different. Are you using an updated CE (or an old one)?

Rift looks interesting. I think I will download it even though it's 15gig.

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:39 am

rock5 wrote:That pic looks different. Are you using an updated CE (or an old one)?
that is 6.1, there is a 6.2 version available but I haven't updated my laptop, 6.1 seems to work fine.
rock5 wrote:Rift looks interesting. I think I will download it even though it's 15gig.
There are deffinately some interesting parts to Rift, some parts don't interest me as much, so it probably has a little something for everyone.

current addresses.

Havetarget = 0x19309E8,
Incombat = 0x196B2D0,
Charbase = 0x196B3F4,
Charbaseoffsets = {0x4F8, 0x88, 0xA4},
Combatpointoffsets = {0x2C, 0x24},
Targetidoffsets = {0x24, 0x18},
Havetarget and Incombat are just int 1 or 0
Charbase , Charbaseoffsets is base address for player (probably)
then do
Combatpointoffsets to get rogue combat points
or Targetidoffsets to get target ID, seems more like a GUID as opposed to type Id.

What I have currently is set up a few macros in game and have 1 bot following me and it attacks and kills my targets. Haven't really spent much time on it to be honest.

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:26 am

I finally got around to looking at Rift. I can't make heads or tails of it. Those addresses didn't seem to work for me and I couldn't find a target address. I did find the target Id but I couldn't find a pointer for it.

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 pm

still works for me, just add it to CE

"rift.exe" + 196B2D0

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 am

Ah silly me.

Ok so incombat and havetarget work but I can't get any of the pointers to work. This is how I set them up.
charbase - address "rift.exe" + 196B3F4 offsets 4f8, 88, a4
  • It breaks at the first offset which returns 0
combatpoints - address "rift.exe" + 196B3F4 offsets 2c, 24
  • Breaks on first offset which returns 4.
targetid - address "rift.exe" + 196B3F4 offsets 24, 18
  • Returns a large number that could be an id but isn't and doesn't change when I change target.
Just tried to do a bigger pointer scan for my id address and crashed the system. Amazingly I didn't loose what I'd written above. When I restarted the computer it was still there. Anyway I tried some more things to get a pointer for my target address but still failed.

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:10 am

yeah the pointers to get to player base are unreliable.

what you want though is to get to player base and then use the targetid and combat points from that base.

So if you just did it in 1 go it would be 5 offsets from the static address to get targetid and 5 offsets from static to get to combat points(rogue only).

What I have that does work are macros set up in game and an assist script, so it will follow me around and kill anything I target, which works well.

The macro functions are quite extensive.

macro 1

target playername
follow
macro 2

assist playername
All you need is those 2 macros and these
addresses.lua
(226 Bytes) Downloaded 349 times
assist.lua
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
haven't worked out how to have 2 games going on same PC yet so I just use 2 PC's.