DailyNotes Not Working?

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
kenzu38

DailyNotes Not Working?

#1 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:46 am

I downloaded the Aug 29 build and it doesn't seem to work properly for me.

Is anyone else having problems with their DailyNotes addon or is it just me?

EDIT: Btw, I know it's still not updated for the latest official server patch but I'm just making sure it's the same for everyone and not just me having some corrupt files.

Bill D Cat

Re: DailyNotes Not Working?

#2 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:17 pm

It's been working fine for me. Just used it a few times this morning with no issues.

Braziliano

#3 Post by Braziliano » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:26 pm

it works fine , although i manually update the addon myself , i only add dailies and eoj quests i deem worthy lol :D

kenzu38

#4 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Damn, I probably have some corrupted files then. I already tried resetting savevariables but it still doesn't work properly.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:25 am

It would help if you said what was happening.

Off the top of my head, a common mistake that can cause problems is if you accidentally end up with 2 copies of the addon. For example if you renamed the old folder to keep it as a backup or you accidentally dropped a copy into another addons folder while dragging and dropping..
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#6 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:28 pm

rock5 wrote:It would help if you said what was happening.
Well, the original plan was to try and fix it myself.

But it turns out I can't so now I'm gonna post the problems I encountered so far and see if anyone has an idea how to fix it:

1.) seems like it's having trouble creating the table DailyNotes. I have Wps with the code:

Code: Select all

if RoMScript("DailyNotes") then
to check automatically if DN is installed but now it takes LONG, as in 1 min+ just for this check when before it was done in a few seconds.

2.) secondly, encountered two quests so far that the higher level class can auto-complete (right-clicking NPC) but when I try it with my lower level class (which is 10 levels lower than quest level), it doesn't work. Now I know definitely this lower class can complete the quest as there's no problem when completing the quest normally with it.

Things I tried so far:
- reset savevariables
- deleted documents/runes of magic folder
- only have dailynotes, d303fix and ingamefunctions in the Addons Folder. Addons folder is with Loginxml.

Things I'm not keen on trying:
- re-install RoM
- update drivers (sometimes creates bigger compatibility issues)

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:04 am

1 is easy. RoMScript("DailyNotes") returns the whole table which might be huge. You only need to know if it exists. So try this instead.

if RoMScript("DailyNotes~=nil") then
2 sounds like a bug in dailynotes. Did it used to autocomplete before? I think I remember having to complete it manually when trying to level a second class like that. You could try asking the developer of dailynotes. He's pretty helpful but it's been a while since I last spoke with him. He's active on a few projects so I would expect him to answer.

I just had a quick look in the code. It's a bit complex for me but I did see a line that says level-10 so I think it's supposed to work.

if DN_Options.filter.sec then
        table.insert(filter, string.format("if qdata.lvl>%i and (qdata.rlvl>%i or qdata.lvl-10>%i) then return false end ",
                                slvl, mlvl,slvl))
    end
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kenzu38

#8 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:17 am

rock5 wrote:1 is easy. RoMScript("DailyNotes") returns the whole table which might be huge. You only need to know if it exists. So try this instead.

Yeah, I already did that. But I still wanna know why it's now taking such a long time to create a table when it didn't before. Makes me think the problem is with DailyNotes after all.
rock5 wrote:2 sounds like a bug in dailynotes. Did it used to autocomplete before? I think I remember having to complete it manually when trying to level a second class like
Can't tell as these are new Wps I made as I'm trying to make my lower level class catch up to my main.
rock5 wrote:You could try asking the developer of dailynotes. He's pretty helpful but it's been a while since I last spoke with him. He's active on a few projects so I would expect him to answer.
Yeah, seems like he's pretty active in updating his addons so I think I can at least get a reply from him. Though, I looked at the addon page and it seems like his last post there was back in January.

I also read from one post there about some problems with a quest and how it got solved. I'm gonna try that and mess around with DN later when dailies refresh. I already blew all my reset tickets to make my main catch up in levels fast so now I can't do anything but wait.
rock5 wrote:I just had a quick look in the code. It's a bit complex for me but I did see a line that says level-10 so I think it's supposed to work.

if DN_Options.filter.sec then
        table.insert(filter, string.format("if qdata.lvl>%i and (qdata.rlvl>%i or qdata.lvl-10>%i) then return false end ",
                                slvl, mlvl,slvl))
    end
Yeah, had a look at it now. I wondered if it was getting my level correctly so I added some prints to DN and it does get it correctly. So I have no idea where the problem is.

I also found another bug when messing with DN. /dn -a command is supposed to enable/disable autoquest but it wasn't for me. So had a look at the code and had to change this line:

DailyNotes.sw_out("Auto-Quest-Taker",DN_Options[Nyx.GetUniqueCharname()].autoquest)
to this:

DailyNotes.sw_out("Auto-Quest-Taker",DN_Char_Options.autoquest)

Anyway, if there's someone here who has DN installed and has a few mins to spare. Can you fire up commandline and enter this:

if RoMScript("DailyNotes") then print("true") else print("false") end
Tell me if it prints true in a few seconds for you or does it also take long. I tried this quite a few times already and for me, it even prints false sometimes even when DN is currently installed.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 am

kenzu38 wrote:
rock5 wrote: 1 is easy. RoMScript("DailyNotes") returns the whole table which might be huge. You only need to know if it exists. So try this instead.

Yeah, I already did that. But I still wanna know why it's now taking such a long time to create a table when it didn't before. Makes me think the problem is with DailyNotes after all.
Well... I don't know how long ago you are talking about but for some time now the limit on the length of returned data from RoMScipt has been removed, thanks to me. :D It used to be 256 characters or thereabouts. Because of this I also implemented the ability to return tables. Before it would return something like table: 012345678. No w it converts tables into a string and passes it to the bot which then converts it back to a table. Still, it send the data 256 characters at a time so if the data is huge then it takes multiple sends. Similar to running multiple RoMScripts, it can take time.
kenzu38 wrote:Yeah, seems like he's pretty active in updating his addons so I think I can at least get a reply from him. Though, I looked at the addon page and it seems like his last post there was back in January.
Don't be picky. He was the last post and there haven't been any unanswered posted and the last update was in August. I'm pretty sure he'll get back to you if you post a message there.
kenzu38 wrote:Anyway, if there's someone here who has DN installed and has a few mins to spare. Can you fire up commandline and enter this:

if RoMScript("DailyNotes") then print("true") else print("false") end
Yes this took about 45s to complete. Returned true. I'm not sure why you would get false. Maybe it times out. I don't remember if there is a timeout.

kenzu38

#10 Post by kenzu38 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:56 am

rock5 wrote:Well... I don't know how long ago you are talking about but for some time now the limit on the length of returned data from RoMScipt has been removed, thanks to me. :D It used to be 256 characters or thereabouts. Because of this I also implemented the ability to return tables. Before it would return something like table: 012345678. No w it converts tables into a string and passes it to the bot which then converts it back to a table. Still, it send the data 256 characters at a time so if the data is huge then it takes multiple sends. Similar to running multiple RoMScripts, it can take time.

Yes this took about 45s to complete. Returned true. I'm not sure why you would get false. Maybe it times out. I don't remember if there is a timeout.
Ahh, I see now. So this means there's no problem with my files after all. Good to know. Ty for the info.

Yeah, when I said "before", I meant 2 - 3 years ago, heh. So what you said is news to me.
rock5 wrote:Don't be picky. He was the last post and there haven't been any unanswered posted and the last update was in August. I'm pretty sure he'll get back to you if you post a message there.
Was just being skeptic. I will just mail him though, instead of posting on the page.

Anyway, thanks again.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:03 am

kenzu38 wrote: I will just mail him though, instead of posting on the page.
Either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an alert via email perhaps if someone posts to his addon.