Found out a couple of thing.

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
rock5

Found out a couple of thing.

#1 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:10 am

I just found out a couple of things that I wanted to share. Maybe they are common knowledge to other people, I don't know. Maybe they are not much use.
  • 1. It is known that if you are in a party your drop rate can increases dramatically. What I just discovered is you don't need your party members to be logged in. So if you have a pc that struggles with 2 clients running, you can log a second in just to make a party then log it off and still enjoy the higher drop rate.

2. This is of less use and I only discovered it by accident. What a mob is going to drop is decided when it attacks you, not when it dies. I discovered this because I was being attacked by a mob when I created my party. Then when I killed it, it still dropped items like I wasn't in a party. Not sure how this is useful.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

Re: Found out a couple of thing.

#2 Post by noobbotter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:04 pm

What a mob is going to drop is decided when it attacks you, not when it dies.
Maybe there would be a way to read and compare the memory of the mob before and after it attacks you which could possibly lead to discovering what the drop is going to be before you attempt to loot it? This could be helpful in avoiding unnecessary loots.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:22 pm

My guess is that it comes from the server so you wont find anything in memory.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

artosaari

#4 Post by artosaari » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:31 pm

1. It is known that if you are in a party your drop rate can increases dramatically. What I just discovered is you don't need your party members to be logged in. So if you have a pc that struggles with 2 clients running, you can log a second in just to make a party then log it off and still enjoy the higher drop rate.
I tried this when i was farming ks with honor partys for 2 farmers and the 2 resetters are constantly reloging, but sadly i never got this to work, one problem could be if the farmers are not always synchron. Maybe i will give it a try in the future.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 pm

You can't really use it with ks farming, if you leave the party when leaving the instance, because then you would have to log the alt back in every time it completes a run. I've been using it recently as I played manually doing missed quests because I can stay in the party permanently so I don't need to log the alts back in.

I should note that I noticed this on the Nexon server. It may be less noticeable on the official server that has a lower drop rate. And I assume that the same applies with honor parties but it might not.

ZZZZZ

#6 Post by ZZZZZ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 pm

The drop on mobs is true, it's always funny finding people that go on about 'let me loot, i'll pop all luck buffs etc'. Back in the gch days when we were trying for hands/toy on annelia, we used to get a rogue to fully luck buff up, run in and hit annelia first, and then the tank would get aggro strait after. Got the first (and only) 118 OD annelia Toy on my server that way lol (drop rate has 0 effect on Dura unfortunately).

whitewiz

#7 Post by whitewiz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

With respect to bosses;
Loot and stats are decided by a loot table and stat table respectively. example http://rom.onlinewelten.com/news,id5347 ... html?sec=1
A Boss loot table is statically linked to the boss/never changes.
None of the gear pieces are better/worse just different plate/chain/leather/healer/mage same for weapons.
Stat tables are static per piece of gear. the stats all have the same rank per table

All that being said I don't see anything that droprate can affect with respect to a boss fight except durability.
ZZZZZ; you suggested that this isn't the case, but your story seems to contradict this statement. can you elaborate plz.

It would be very worthwhile to determine what will drop at the BEGINNING of a boss fight; then you could abandon the fight if the loot table is unfavorable.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 pm

whitewiz wrote:It would be very worthwhile to determine what will drop at the BEGINNING of a boss fight; then you could abandon the fight if the loot table is unfavorable.
If you are already at the boss and attacking it you may aswell just kill it, dieing or dropping combat won't change the loot unless you reset the instance.

Of course there is no proof for ANY of this and it is all opinions but yeah that is what I am seeing anyway.

The most reliable way for testing I have found is that the number of production runes change depending on level. If your character is 3 levels or more below mob lvl then you will get 3, if you are the same or higher level you will get 1.
This is how I farmed production runes when they did have a value, 2 years ago, I would use a char 3 levels below mob level and farm them rather quickly because I would get 3 every single kill without fail.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Whitewiz, what you are talking about is what is dropped. What I'm talking about is the odds of it dropping. I'm not saying the drop rate changes what is dropped or causes better items to drop. That said, I believe all mobs have drop tables, Just look at the runesdatabase.com. Every mob has a list of items it drops. Here is a recent example. I'm currently farming some daily items to level my alts. In a party I'm getting about 150-200 per hour. When I forgot to join a party I was getting about 80-100 per hour. That's double the amount.

In regards to my second point, just because what is dropped is determined at the start of the fight doesn't mean you can find the info in memory. The dropped items might only exist on the server until the mob is dead. If they do exist in memory then I would have no idea how to find it.

ZZZZZ

#10 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:17 am

Basically what Rock said. All bosses (and even mobs in zones etc) have their own drop table. BUT luck buffs improve your chance of getting more items. It does not in any way alter dura or more chance of rune slots etc etc, it only effects what can drop. In my example, Annelia has 3 rare items, Annelia's Left Hand, Annelia's Right Hand and Annelia's Toy, luck buffs simply improve your chance of getting that item, and if you have ever done annelia (on official) they are freaking rare to get unless you have luck buffs running.

Then there are general hard mode bosses that always drop 2 purples. In those cases luck buffs would only give you more green/blue items, aka, crap.

Why do you think people use as many luck buffs as they can to get cards? (or even more items in the case of farming KS). It simply increases the drop rate on items.