ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
blodessa

Re: ks farming strats

#181 Post by blodessa » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 am

or just can someone tell me how to make party and do reparty after finish

lisa

#182 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:04 am

If you are using my WP you are probably missing the Invite Last Group addon, a search on curse should get it easy enough.

The other party member should also have addon Auto Accept Invite.

hmm 6th or 7th post has this
lisa wrote: I should mention I use honor party aswell, housemaid is my only MF boost but honor party increases drops aswell.

Ohh yeah in KS always have the profile option LOOT_SIGILS as false.

--=== Note ===--
1. This is designed to be used with a pet using pet perfume, the bot won't loot on it's own.
2. It uses the addon Invite Last Group for party invites
3. Buy honor scrolls for optimal G/H
4. It doesn't kill bosses
5. It uses the userfunction to set window
6. It uses the fly hack userfunction to fly over bosses
7. It is designed for solo killing, not with another char tagging along for the ride
8. It assumes you have all 6 inventory bags

If you don't have all the things mentioned then you should get them lol

This is the code for 30 day pet perfume for usage in your profile.

Code: Select all

<onLeaveCombat><![CDATA[
	if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume 30 days
		inventory:useItem(204514)
	end	
	]]></onLeaveCombat>
This is 7 day version

if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume
		inventory:useItem(207582)
	end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Bubi

#183 Post by Bubi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:39 am

Hi all,
since the new micromacro version 1.03 my gold/h (-400k/h)dropped rappidly. The bot need much more time per run. Have any of you the same experiance?
With the 1.02betha the g/h rises to normal again!

lisa

#184 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 am

I didn't think the current bot version would even work on the old MM 1.02 as the new RoMbot uses the lua 5.2 that is in the MM 1.03 but not in MM 1.02

as to the actual question, no idea, I don't play RoM anymore.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#185 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:34 am

I don't believe any changes made to the bot, to make it compatible with lua 5.2, would make it incompatible with lua 5.1. One of the main differences is the new bit32 functions which we don't use, although I did use them in my new 'travelto' userfunction so that won't work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#186 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:25 am

I actually updated a PC to test this.

MM V 1.02 Beta and MM V 1.03 were almost identical in G/H, only did 30 mins on each version but the figures were so close I didn't see the need to run them for the many hours required to truly test it.

So yeah I am happy the G/H hasn't been affected by the new version of MM.

To test you need to copy the entire rom folder and romglobal folder so that both versions of MM are using the exact same files. Also each run can vary quite a lot as to the G/H, 1 run you might get full bags before frog boss, another run you might have 20 free spaces at the same point.

There are so many things that can affect G/H to truely do a comparison test you would need to run each Version for several hours and using the same character with the exact same buffs.

Bubi

#187 Post by Bubi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Lisa,
that's exactly what I did :) . I copied the complete "micromacro/script" folder to the "old" MM and run the same char for several hours. So definitely something changed. The rest after "end combat" is much longer with MM 1.03.
I will check the needed time in "player.lua" for several subfunctions on both MM-versions and will report the result.

lisa

#188 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Little update.

Before I stopped playing RoM I was using lvl 55 mages and no need for honor party, at 55 you get "almost" the same G/H as with honor party. Juts have to remember to build up a lot of XP debt as at 55 you still get XP in KS. I would just switch to being naked and die 10-15 times near GY, then switch back to main equip and start the bot. So reseter char doesn't need to be under lvl 30 and can be off doing other things, like it's own WP to farm other things which would increase your G/H because 2 chars farming is better than 1 ;)

Aron

#189 Post by Aron » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 pm

hi
my bot sometimes stops outside the KS entrance portal, the MM says, The loading screen didnt appear, and its not going in at all if i dont manually run it in. is there anything that can be done against this? and also the bots continues to run when it filled the entire backpack, what can i do to make the bot leave ks when the backpack is full?

ty in advance

lisa

#190 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Firstly I assume you are using one of my posted scripts.
Aron wrote:and also the bots continues to run when it filled the entire backpack, what can i do to make the bot leave ks when the backpack is full?
It checks for full bags at specific times, if you aren't using the max number of bags then it won't be checking soon enough for you. If you do have max number of bag space then you must have a lot of MF to fill them before the first check.
Aron wrote:my bot sometimes stops outside the KS entrance portal, the MM says, The loading screen didnt appear, and its not going in at all if i dont manually run it in.
I have seen people mention on here about the instance being "full" and so can't enter.

Aron

#191 Post by Aron » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 am

yes lisa, sorry for bad information, i am using the ksira you posted, now I inserted some more bagcheck(). hope this will fix the issue. and about that function cleanBagKS, I dont think it works for me or so, i am also using lootomatic addon, maybe i should turn off the addon for it to work or do i have to download a userfunction CleanBag from here?
And about that instance being full, i never got that message, i'm only getting the message when the bot seems to be lagged or so and stops right in front of the KS portal. thinking of if I can implement a if search for it. for example if the "The loading screen didnt appear" x10, then add a extra waypoint to move forward. because thats all whats needed for it to go in.

wps

#192 Post by wps » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:31 am

Maybe you can try to change the enter waypoint

<!-- # 72 --><waypoint x="-18576" z="12418" tag="enter" type="TRAVEL"> 
	changeProfileOption("QUICK_TURN", false);

if (GoThroughPortal(250,110578)) then
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("begin"));
	else
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("enter"));
	end

</waypoint>

Aron

#193 Post by Aron » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

i'll try that, thanks wps. btw, the change is made on the bottom of ksira.xml right, because thats where the start entrance is i guess?

rock5

#194 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 am

I believe there is no tagged waypoint called "begin". I would abbreviate it to

if not (GoThroughPortal(250,110578)) then
   end

</waypoint>
Also I believe that should replace the second last waypoint and the last waypoint should be deleted.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

wps

#195 Post by wps » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:53 pm

rock5 wrote:I believe there is no tagged waypoint called "begin". I would abbreviate it to

end

</waypoint>
Also I believe that should replace the second last waypoint and the last waypoint should be deleted.
That is copy from my ks farming script, and "begin" is the first wp in KS.

rock5

#196 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Fair enough, but I had a look at the ksira script, which is what the poster was talking about, and it doesn't have a 'begin'. I don't know if your script needs that tag but this one doesn't. It goes back to the start anyway.

Aron

#197 Post by Aron » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 am

I've changed the second last waypoint and deleted the last waypoint. But now I dont even reach to the portal, the bot is turning right and going into a wall just outside the KS entrance..
This is what I've changed.

</waypoint>
	<!-- # 223 --><waypoint x="-17936" z="10586" type="TRAVEL"> </waypoint>
	<!-- # 224 --><waypoint x="-18160" z="10707" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 225 --><waypoint x="-18288" z="11068" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 226 --><waypoint x="-18416" z="11681" type="TRAVEL"> </waypoint>
	<!-- # 72 --><waypoint x="-18576" z="12418" tag="enter" type="TRAVEL"> </waypoint> 

end
   eggpet:Return()
   eggpet:Summon()
   </waypoints>
From the comment/number of 72, thats where I replaced the old waypoint.

rock5

#198 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 am

Do you have the gotoportal userfunction?

Edit: I see your problem. All code has to be in a waypoint or in the onload. Waypoints end with </waypoint>. It should be

end
</waypoint>
</waypoints>

Aron

#199 Post by Aron » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 am

Works perfectly, thanks rock5 and wps.
Edit: After a few runs with the bot, I got stuck at the entrance to the KS portal again. The bot now stucks in the most right corner of the portal. The bot reaches the portal but it rides to the right of the portal and that isnt allowing it to enter KS. The same yellow error message appears too, "The loading screen didnt appear".
Note: I also didnt have the userfunction GoToPortal before, but I got it now.

</waypoint>
	<!-- # 223 --><waypoint x="-17936" z="10586" type="TRAVEL"> </waypoint>
	<!-- # 224 --><waypoint x="-18160" z="10707" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 225 --><waypoint x="-18288" z="11068" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 226 --><waypoint x="-18416" z="11681" type="TRAVEL"> </waypoint>
	<!-- # 227/72 --><waypoint x="-18576" z="12418" tag="enter" type="TRAVEL">

end
</waypoint>
</waypoints>

rock5

#200 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 am

If it said "The loading screen didn't appear" then that means GoThroughPortal returned false which means it should go back to the 227 waypoint. I can't see any reason why it would go to the corner of the portal. Did it loop? Did it keep trying to do GoThroughPortal or did it just stop?