rom4u private server

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

rom4u private server

#1 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 am

Well I thought I would check out aq private server since so many have been asking about them.
So I am on rom4u server, 5 hours after making an acc I am 52/29 and doing minigames.
10 X xp
10 X tp
it's kind of nuts lol

Anyway the interesting thing for me is the economy, everything is bought and sold with diamonds. Talking 3000 dias for a lvl 70 purple.

It is such a contrast to the economy I am used to.

Going to give it a couple of weeks and see how I feel after that time.

sharing my first WP for the 10 X xp.
Elf character only, levels 1-16 and in varanas.
Next wp will start at heffner or continue in silverspring depending if you have a char 20/20 on the acc yet.
So yeah just step 1 to a 1-50 chain of WP.
4ustart.xml
(13.94 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

--=== LVL 55 package ===--
You can start this at any stage between varanas and OS and it will just continue the journey, so if you have any snoop opened up use them before starting the WP. It will literally walk all the way from varanas to OS and then use the NPC to go to Dalaran (regardless of if you have done quest in AV) and then walk to the NPC to get the lvl 55 package, it will go to sleep once it gets there, so just do the quest yourself to make sure you get the package you want.
55bag.xml
English client only, will need to change names to work in other languages
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

--=== code to go from OS to dalanis ===--
I lost this for a while but found it again, posting it here.
If you haven't done the volcano quest to open up the NPC that transports you from OS to Dal then you can make a macro of this code and just use it to force the NPC to appear. Can't remember the coords of the NPC but if you want to use the code you should already know where the NPC is.

Code: Select all

/script oldCheckQuest = CheckQuest CheckQuest = function(val) if val and val == 423017 then return 2 else return oldCheckQuest(val) end end
/wait 5
/script CheckQuest = oldCheckQuest
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

Re: rom4u private server

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 am

How do you get the diamonds?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 am

you can buy the usual way with paypal and such, not my style.
The forum though seems to have other ways to get dias, you might see someones profile on this site with an add for the server, they then post it on rom4u forum and they get free dias for advertising their server.

I am sure there are many other ways aswell.

I'll just do my usual sell stats and items I get with shells to gear up my new character. Probably just have 1 main this time lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:42 am

little update.

Played for around 5-6 hours and character is 58/50 now
Made about 80 dias from selling golden eggs, just using 3 chars for about 2-3 hours while I quested on main char. AH has stacks of golden eggs (99) for sale so it doesn't look like botting millers would be an issue, time will tell lol

Dias seem to be in abundance so I am farely confident it won't take me long before I have my char leveled and geared to even more then my main char on a normal server that is a year old.
Butterflies gets you 2.6mil xp each turn in, so 26mil a set of dailies.
Daily resets are 20 dias but since I have no gear I will probably hold off on using resets and just work on getting some gear, using the lvl 55 package so still killing farely easily in TH while questing.

kuripot

#5 Post by kuripot » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 pm

lisa wrote:Well I thought I would check out aq private server since so many have been asking about them.
So I am on rom4u server, 5 hours after making an acc I am 52/29 and doing minigames.
10 X xp
10 X tp
it's kind of nuts lol

Anyway the interesting thing for me is the economy, everything is bought and sold with diamonds. Talking 3000 dias for a lvl 70 purple.

It is such a contrast to the economy I am used to.

Going to give it a couple of weeks and see how I feel after that time.

3000dias?? the package [Ancient Epic Weapon]??
that purple item is requirement for doing epic weapon level 65 its look like the moa core that need to make moa epic weap lvl 50 in old chapter
but [Ancient Epic Weapon] can also get by phirius token worth 5k i think

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 am

yes 3000 dias, 5000 tokens, 6000 rubies.

Ok well I bought myself the weapon, not tiered yet though.

Char hit 67/50 last night and is now wearing some shell items.
Grinding away mobs now, to lvl weapon skill and alts.
Main attack weapon skill is still less then half max, going to take around 14 hours to get it leveled.

Mass production of minigame chars has begun.
I can easily power level chars now.
doing 4 chars at a time,
12 mins to lvl 30.
30 mins to lvl 40

I will probably just get them to 40 and do dailies in xaviera to hit 50. then send them to cot and AT, 80 shells a day for naked lvl 50 chars.

Shell stats seem to sell for around 400 dias, so that will be a nice booster for me =)

Can't decide if I will do tiering chars, literally takes 2 mins to get to lvl 10, then a few mins to get to varanas, so 10 mins tops and have 10 arcane charges. I have a feeling shell items will make me more currency though then tiers.

Germangold

#7 Post by Germangold » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 am

sounds great..

i play on legit server only
and my efford put into my "daily phiurustoken" farming bots is not really getting out that amount of gold that i wish it would.

having 10 alt's for farming phirusshells is even better than having 20 accounts farming phirusshells
it's less stressfull

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 am

I have 30+ lvl 50 chars on official server which I ran minigames on, was never any stress for me ;)
Good thing about farming shells is since I am new to server I will need stats anyway.
Lvl 50 chars get 25 free mems daily
lvl 60 chars get a free puri stone daily

I had half a thought of using daily reset tickets which cost 20 dias to get the 5000 tokens needed to buy the ancient items, So would cost 1000 dias to get ancient item instead of 3000 dias if using dias to buy it, In the end just thought I'd do minigames lol

An easy 80 shells a day, 2 lvl 67 rolls every 5 days each char, once I get full lvl 67 OD set then I will start rolling lvl 70 items.

Since I am a little crazy anyway, made 7 accounts and will have 50+ chars lvl 50 in a couple of days, so 100 shell rolls every 5 days.
1250 mems every day
I will probably add in a daily run when I do minigames so I will lvl them to 60, then I will have 50 puris a day, basically a blank T9 every 5 days.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 am

A note about weapon skill, the fastest way to level it is with white damage. And it's per hit. So get yourself a low level weapon so that it takes awhile to kill mobs and go farm an area where mobs wont kill you if you take too long to kill them.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Germangold

#10 Post by Germangold » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 am

to lvl weapon skills
i hit 24/7
"Mutant Tergothen Tree Frog Egg" Mob id = 106062
Coords 77,1,/35,2 in Tergothen Bay

on my server there are constantly high lvl players hitting those like a bad ass

best thing would be hit it with a lvl1 high dura weapon
simple repairs hammers from malatina could get in handy her
since once the weapon drops below 1 duration no longer skill % is added

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:53 am

You can also get a bunch of cheap weapons and switch when they run out.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 am

It's ok I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone, power leveling chars and skilling up weapons =)

kuripot

#13 Post by kuripot » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 pm

in lvl 55 mage/priest with blue armor set can do survival,cot,and AT

kkulesza

#14 Post by kkulesza » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Are there Siege wars on rom4u?
or other kinds of pvp?

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 pm

yeah they do siege which is about 5am my time though.
So in roughly 16h 40 mins from the time of this post.

Usually some guilds doing G v G battles but I find those boring / annoying as the high levels seem to just go and hunt low levels.

There is a post in world chat regularly saying 6V6 or 3V3 so people sign up for arenas at the same time and not have to wait for ever.

I don't do much pvp so can't say what it is like ont he server.

Anyone playing the game seriously should be lvl 73 pretty quickly, took me hmm 2-3 days to get to 67/50 without any botting at all.
Now I have an established character though I do 4 chars 1-50 in about 2 hours.

With the main currency being diamonds it does make the item shop seem so much cheaper.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:10 pm

How crowded does it seem? Are there more or less people than au server? Are there more or less buyers and sellers on AH?

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 pm

I put up around 200 eggs and they are sold easily at server busy time within a few hours.

Roughly same number of guilds sign up for seige as the aus server.

I would say population is similar if not a little more then aus.

All in all I am happy with the move but it has been less then a week so can't really say for sure yet.
Leveling characters faster definately appeals to me and also having the TP when you get to high level. In official I did a lot of leveling on xp weekends which doesn't give extra tp for quests and I found myself lacking tp at 70.
On rom4u I hit 67 with around 44mil tp, easily maxed the skills I wanted and resta re 50 or 60 depending how I wanted them. Also get 2.6 mil tp a day doing butterflies, so even when I reach max level can still get enough TP easily to max skills I want.

Server does seem down at the moment though, probably maintenance lol

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:26 am

So how do you use their server? Install the patch? What effect does it have on access to official servers?

kkulesza

#19 Post by kkulesza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:45 am

You can download their "nexus-rom-client" via torrent.
it is divided into 4 exe files.
To be honest i was afraid to download it.
exe files from russian hackers - there must be some virus inside :)

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 am

Nah it's pretty easy, I just copied my entire runes of magic folder and pasted the files into a /program files/rom4u folder
Then you d/l their little tiny conversion "patch" which basically just changes the server IP and such.
Start it up, for some reason it thinks it is patch 4.0.6 and then updates to 4.0.7 and away you go.

So I have 2 rom installs on my PC's

If I want to play official I just load the Runes of Magic folder version
If I want to play private I load the rom4u folder version.