rom4u private server

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

Re: rom4u private server

#141 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 am

Rebyc wrote:Did they remove the free mem NPC btw ? I can only get a free puri once a day.
No idea, been a month since I was on private server.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#142 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 am

Yeah it's been awhile since they got rid of the free mems. They replaced it with free golden hammers, which is why I don't bother getting high dura items anymore. Most of the time though the npc is available only on one channel or is missing for awhile.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Zezim

#143 Post by Zezim » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:04 am

Gold hammer npc is never missing...he just buggs sometimes...just drag your mouse where it is suppose to be and right click it;)...then u can get hammer:D..

EDIT*:w00t...they rly removed it it seems:S

rock5

#144 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:19 am

Oh great, 5 or 6 hours of downloading the patch and I'm only at 50%. Now a link has appeared in the updater with an easier way to update. It says you can download the official patches then just use an updated rom4u patcher. Why did they wait 5 hours to post that link? Actually the server has been up a lot longer than that. Why didn't they start with that link available? At least I'll probably be updated in half an hour now.

They should do every patch this way. As soon as they have updated they should provide an updated patcher so we can update using the official patch files then just apply the patcher. Otherwise updating always takes too long.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rebyc

#145 Post by Rebyc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 am

I think you can just download the manual patch from the EU forums (Official rom) and install this update.inf for every patch ?
update.inf probably only contains server ip etc for connection to nexon rom instead of official. Or am i wrong ?

To bad we can't transport to heffner without being 20/20 on the char itself in CH5. Together with the WP of lisa you could get to 50 pretty fast that way.

rock5

#146 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 am

I'm pretty sure they will change it in the future. Doesn't make sense to make it a requirement to choose your second class before being able to leave the zone. Probably they just don't want people to miss out on the new content.

rock5

#147 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:24 am

I've wasted a little bit of time trying to figure out why why rom4u login screen still shows the old 4.x picture. I can't see any differences, between the official client I have loaded and the rom4u client, that would explain it.

But I had the idea that maybe it has something to do with the rom4u server and not the client.

So I put the question out there: When logging on to rom4u do you see the old (left) or new (right) login screen?
old&new.jpg

rock5

#148 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

So no one else plays the rom4u server and can take a second to answer the simple question above? I'm still curious to know the answer.

Rebyc

#149 Post by Rebyc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:35 am

i'm still seeing the old one when i logged it

rock5

#150 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks. So maybe it is the server.

rock5

#151 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 am

KS seems to be closed at the moment. Anybody hear anything about why that is?

Fean

#152 Post by Fean » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:39 pm

I also have the same old screen so it's server side i guess :)

AngelDrago

#153 Post by AngelDrago » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:52 am

okay i tried to get the 4ustart.xml to work and it worked till Heffner and than it stops see below for the error

Code: Select all

6:41pm - scripts\rom/bot.lua:985: C:\micromacro\lib\lib.lua:644: We can't find your waypoint file 'C
:/micromacro/scripts/rom/waypoints/4uheffner.xml'. Please create a valid waypoint file within the 'w
aypoints' folder or enter the right filename.
Bot finished due to errors above.
their seems to be this one missing 4uheffner.xml anyone knows where to find it.

lisa

#154 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:48 pm

It was basically a work in progress and I hadn't posted a WP, this will do a couple of quests and then I think it loads next char and starts 4uleach2, been a while since I even looked at these WP. I don't play RoM anymore.
Attachments
4uheffner.xml
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#155 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 am

decided to poke Rom4u again.

Added code to first post to go from OS to Dal without doing the quest in Aotulia Volcano.

Ok so new record I think, 4 hours, new char to 55/40 and hit KS wearing the lvl 55 package.
Poison was hitting me a bit hard, I think I'll try again at 60/*

Getting major lag today though, sits around 500ms normally which is fine but quite often it was going over 3000, not sure if it is just me or not at this stage or if the server itself is having issues.

lisa

#156 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 am

lisa wrote:Getting major lag today though, sits around 500ms normally which is fine but quite often it was going over 3000, not sure if it is just me or not at this stage or if the server itself is having issues.
Seems to be either my router or they have an issue with that specific IP, same PC using a differnent internet works perfectly.

Ok so I am back playing RoM4u, I decided to buy another Loot X for my scout and see how much difference it really makes to KS runs.
So scout has no aoe and does single target kills to everything, honor party, 1 Loot X, pet with perfume, no other MF.
It sits at around 2.5 - 2.6 M/H, I added another Loot X and it did consistantly 2.7M/H, doesn't seem like much of a difference to me, I think I will remove it and send it to a mage I leveled lol

Hidden

#157 Post by Hidden » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm

i tried it out loved the setup there and compared to aus atm theres lots more happening.

They seem reasonably strict on bots but only if your in public areas. mini games etc seem fine.

10x xp/tp is great until you notice your out lvling the gear and quests. My character is like 30/20 ish parked at butts for next time i log in (hopeing i can leacch a butt party and lvl up)

lisa

#158 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:13 pm

butterflies is a lvl 50 quest, so you can accept it at lvl 48 and you can hand it in at lvl 40, you won't be able to do it at 30/20.

It literally takes me 4-5 hours to get to 50/30 ish, I usually end up heading to butters when I get to 50. There are lots of easy quests in coast of op and they all give 10x XP, so doing a quest that normally gives 10,000 XP gives 100,000 XP which is enough to easily lvl at 30.

The issue people have when moving to a higher XP server is they still think they need to do the quests at their current lvl to efficiently lvl up, truth is you don't. As an example if you did the human starter area quests you would be lvl 20 before you even get to logar and still be doing lvl 10 quests, would be lvl 35 before you get to varanas.

As for gear all you really need is to upgrade weapon because if you are doing quests 10 levels below your level you can 1 shot the mobs while naked (except for weapon).

Quest rewards in coast of op are also very nice, most of the time.

Hidden

#159 Post by Hidden » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:04 pm

yeah was just hoping to leech mob kills.

I dunno its definately fun over there, might have to make some time to play it more. Once I have 1 character ks ready the rest is easy

BBot

#160 Post by BBot » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

is this server still working? i cant load thier page :) i want to move to this coz it seems tomorrow all EU servers will die with fail-forges super idea to remove cedric