785 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

785 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:41 am

- Fixed: userfunctions must now start with "userfunction_" instead of just containing it.
- Fixed: spamming of "RELOAD_AMMUNITION can only be false, arrow or thrown!" that happened under certain circumstances.
- Added: waypoint tags to movement messages.
- Fixed: createpath can now select "Leave conversation" in npc dialogs.
- Fixed: AcceptQuestByName functions to be more dependable when using ids.
- Fixed: ChoiceOptionByName can now close the dialog when the "Leave Conversation" option is selected.
- Changed: inventory:findItem can now search with a pattern by using the added usePattern argument.
- Changed: inventory:findItem returns a table of matching items as a second returned value.
- Added many new mount to the mounts list.
- Fixed: pawn:updateBuffs() now allows for buffs with no name.
- Changed: player:clickToCase now it can be used with skills that require targets using argument. For advanced users.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

Re: 785 Changelog

#2 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:07 pm

I found two more rental mounts in the Yrvandis Hollows zone. Outlandish Scarab Rental and Long Term Outlandish Scarab Rental.

Code: Select all

{first = 241182, last = 241183}, 

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:52 am

Thanks. My search method involved searching for item shop purple items with the string "increases movement speed" in the tooltip. These rental mounts are white and don't have that string. And on top of that they don't have a proper name in Item Preview so I couldn't even find them searching for "rental". Yeah so thanks for that.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

beanybabe

#4 Post by beanybabe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Nice work rock running well only a couple errors I am pretty sure is latency causing it. This next couple weeks will be lagged as new windows comes out.

beanybabe

#5 Post by beanybabe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:23 pm

I have got this several times since last night It seems to happen when you have re-logged a few times.

Functions.lua:797 bad argument #1 to "memoryReadByte" (null)

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 pm

A few people gave mentioned that now. I don't know why getProc() would return nil. That's beyond my knowledge as it means some micromacro functions are not seeing the client. Maybe I should mention it to Administrator.

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:47 pm

I suppose it could be due to windowValid() returning false (for whatever reason), meaning it tries to re-open a new proc handle. Can someone add some debug lines to this and verify if that is the case?

Other than that, it could be something else setting __PROC to nil somewhere else, but I doubt that's the case. Shouldn't __PROC be local to functions.lua to protect against unwanted modification?

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm

I set it in my login userfunction. Other than that I don't see it used anywhere else. If we made it local to functions.lua I would need a way for me to set it from my login userfunction.

Come to think of it, maybe that's more than a coincidence. Maybe the problem has something to do with the login userfunction.

Beanybabe, is it possible the client was restarted by the bot? Do you have my userfunction_login.lua installed? Is it the latest version? Do you have the latest version of loginnextchar? Have you set a value for RestartClientInterval at the top of the loginnextchar file?

beanybabe

#9 Post by beanybabe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 pm

I think that is timer related. I used that mod on the divider and it seems to crash less but i'm still testing.

The strange part is i looked at the c code and it looks like they did it right. there must be some other factor affecting it. what i do on windows is just right click my computer and see the frequency there. then use the command line tool and print the frequency rom uses. romfreq / window freq *1000 = new divider it seems to be different for each pc.
Microsoft allocated a lot of bandwidth from the big ISP's to roll out window 10 so expect lag till that slows down.

beanybabe

#10 Post by beanybabe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 pm

This has been acting up today. it keeps looping saying it cannot find. it is standing 25 away and if I use the get object Id on him it reports the correct id. Any ideas.

repeat
yrest(500)
until player:target_NPC(114269) -- M. of Trials

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:45 am

If it is playing up and it used to work then what did you change?

beanybabe

#12 Post by beanybabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:24 am

It was working all day then it just seemed to stop finding the npc. I has done this before but today on occasion but today it did it several times in a row which was unusual. Is there something different in the way it identify's a npc than the get object id uses ? It was failing on several npc's.

This morning it is working again I made no changes it has to be something with rom or some unknown factor.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am

beanybabe wrote: Is there something different in the way it identify's a npc than the get object id uses ?
Yes, of course. getId returns the id of the item under the mouse. targetNPC searches the memory table of objects around you for a matching name or id.

beanybabe

#14 Post by beanybabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:03 am

It stalls for minutes on startup, generally I just Terminate and restart it. Today I waited to see how long it actually would be stuck. After the windows upgrade this seems to be happening a more often.

Testing 'ingamefunctions' macro. If it gets stuck here, please update the 'ingamefunctions' by copying the 'ingamefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder.
MACRO Test: ok -------------- it stalls after here for 1 to 2 minutes
Ranged skill found: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[DEBUG] CPU Frequency xxxxxx ---------------it stall after here for 2 minutes or more.
Waypoint files from C:/micromacro/scripts/rom/:

beanybabe

#15 Post by beanybabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 am

I noticed that windows has changed the console. There is a way to revert back to the default console I am trying that now to see if things work more as they should.

Here is some article I found on it
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/ ... l-preview/

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 am

Are you using Windows 10? Maybe all your issues are related to the new OS. I don't know when I'll get around to trying it.

beanybabe

#17 Post by beanybabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 am

for the most part it is working better on 10. The console has changed to 120 chars wide and its buffer seems larger. 10 is nice but you need to make a bunch of changes. I remove the app store and all the apps and replace the shell with classicshell. Just who wants to look at ugly giant icons to find there apps on a desktop pc. Avoid doing anything that wants your email in windows and pick custom install and change all the options to not send your info to them. I think if you want to log into windows make a virtual pc and use that so they only see what you do there and keep them out of your daily business. The new edge browser it has does not seem to allow you to install add-on's so use Firefox if you want protection from abusive advertisers. Microsoft need to stop forcing all this Spyware on people and give us a vanilla windows we can customize to our needs.

BlubBlab

#18 Post by BlubBlab » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm very sure that win 10 is the reason I also thought you might have installed it but then forgot to ask because who the hell would download a beta os who want to do wiht it half-way serious stuff?

Anyway the reasons could be either a bug in win 10 or some sort of prevention system for miss using the debug interface or new requirements.( I take a look into teh last part in a second)
What you can try is increase the memory ReadRepeat counter from 11 to something bigger like 30 or 50 and see if this helps

EDIT: I found 2 bug report regarding for that and win10 but no MS admin answered until now if this is a bug or something else is going on.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

beanybabe

#19 Post by beanybabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:10 pm

I had been running 3 versions of windows and windows 10 had the least problems so im running 10 final and 10 beta at the moment till the beta stops. It seems to be mostly happening inside the drill grounds. What ever the reason it seems kind of random one time it fails, the next 20 it works. I am thinking of how to print out what is going on step by step inside there and see if I can catch it.

I googled this "memory ReadRepeat counter" and this ReadRepeat but could find no reference to where it is or what it is in?

BlubBlab

#20 Post by BlubBlab » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:17 pm

What most likely happen is that it fails and an error will raised this also happen from time to time but if there is really a bug the probability just increase
change that:
classes/pawn.lua line 152

for i = 1, 10 do
		if( ptr ) then
			val = readfunc(proc, address, offset);
		else
			val = readfunc(proc, address);
		end

if( val ~= nil ) then
			return val;
		end
end

to

for i = 1, 50 do
		if( ptr ) then
			val = readfunc(proc, address, offset);
		else
			val = readfunc(proc, address);
		end

if( val ~= nil ) then
			return val;
		end
end
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226