732 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

732 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:22 am

- Added support for moving while attacking. New profile option is COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE. It now starts using skills at COMBAT_DISTANCE and stops moving forward at COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE. If not specified, COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE will default to equal COMBAT_DISTANCE so it will work as it does now.
- Added support for ignoring attacking players in pvp. Set PVP to false in profile to ignore attacks. If PVP is nil it will still fight back if attacked.
- Fixed update.lua.
- Updated many Rogue and Scout skills. Thanks pman.
- Added Flying Carpet mounts to the list of mounts.
- Fixed bug that caused bot to cast debuffs when checking only friendly skills.

The big change is the new attack feature. If you want to continue moving forward while attacking you can set COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE in your profile. This is the distance at which it stops moving forward. With this setting set it will always move forward until in COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE. It will stop to cast skills with casting time and then continue moving forward when casting instant skills. This option is particularly handy in hilly areas because it will keep moving forward until it can attack the mob.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

Re: 732 Changelog

#2 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:58 am

--=== 733 ===--

Added a debug for languages to help us determine issue, only does anything different if you use debug

Added lots and lots and lots for party.lua

I'll update this post when I get a chance but you can read this thread for how it came about.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 6&start=20

Also added a command to use the gothroughportal function by rock
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=3828

Code: Select all

com"portal"
will make the party members go through the nearest portal and post in party chat if successful or not.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:25 am

I see an edit in levelupSkill. You didn't mention it. Does that fix the issues with it?

So now the bot loads the language files in 2 places? Wont that cause confusion in the future?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:05 am

Grabs a drink and gets comfy in chair.

--=== party.lua ===--
Ok new profile options

<option name="ICON_FIGHT"		value="true" />
		 <option name="HEAL_FIGHT"		value="true" />
ICON_FIGHT, if true then the bot will only attack mobs with the I icon on it.
If not true then if icon is 4,5,6 or 7 then it will "assist" the party leader and only attack the leaders target.
If partydps and not ICON_FIGHT and not icon 4,5,6,7 then it will freely attack mobs according to it's profile settings.

If partyhealer and HEAL_FIGHT then it will attack mobs with rules stated earlier AND it will heal/buff the entire party.

The bot will defend itself or party members.

Mount
The bot will now mount and dismount when the party leader does without any needed input.

Ok now for the party chat commands.
If they arn't working for you then please go to this link and do the eventmonitor test.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2516

quest
Ok quest is simple enough you post in party chat quest"questname" and the bot/s will respond in party chat with the full quest name and it's status, complete or incomplete or not been accepted.
example

quest"catch"
This will make the bots post the status of "Catch Butterflies", notice you can use part of the name and can be all lowercase if you want.

npc
with npc you will need to target the npc and then you have these commands to use.
npc"sell"
npc"accept" or npc"complete"
npc"???"

npc"sell"
This will make the bot target your target and then do the usual merchant sell/repair.

npc"accept" or npc"complete"
using either of these commands will make the bots target your target and then complete all quests and accept all quests.

npc"???"
The ??? are for choice options, can be part of the choice and can be all lower case.
Example, target Heffner snoop and do npc"silver" and it will target snoop and use the transport option to silverfall and do the paying fee and waitforload screen.

com
com"nofollow"
com"follow"
com"farm"
com"icon"
com"portal"

com"nofollow" -- makes the bots stop following you, they will still defend/attack as usual
com"follow" -- makes the bots follow you again
com"farm" -- turns icon_fight to false so it will just attack according to profile options
com"icon" -- turns icon_fight to true so the bots will attack mobs with I icon
com"portal" -- makes bots go to the nearest portal using Rock's gotoportal userfunction, the bots will post in party chat if successful or not.

As always any questions or issues please post them as a reply to this topic.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:10 am

rock5 wrote:I see an edit in levelupSkill. You didn't mention it. Does that fix the issues with it?
:oops:
Totally forgot I did that, it should fix the issue with the levelupskill code as it now does a check for if upgradecost is nil, which it would be if skill can't be upgraded.
rock5 wrote: So now the bot loads the language files in 2 places? Wont that cause confusion in the future?
I probably should have put a note(thought I did) the code in bot.lua is ONLY done if people start bot with debug ie

rom/bot path:partyhealer debug
otherwise the code isn't done at all.

I'll add a comment, at some stage.
-- adds the numbers to the prints while in debug mode,
-- normal language code is in settings.lua

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 am

lisa wrote:Grabs a drink and gets comfy in chair.
Isn't this the sort of post where you accidentally loose all you edits then just write a sumary? ;D

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 am

rock5 wrote:Isn't this the sort of post where you accidentally loose all you edits then just write a sumary? ;D
lol
that has happened to me far to many times now, I am in the habit of select all/copy before hitting submit now ;)

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 am

seems CompleteQuestByName() doesn't default to first reward if you don't state the reward to pick in the args. It puts you in an infinite loop.

Working on it atm.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am

--=== 734 ===--

Changed CompleteQuestByName to take first reward item if none are specified in args.

Ok that is me for another few months, I seem to commit changes about that often lol

Bah I forgot the updater for the new partyleadername address Rock found, knowing him though he has already done the updater code for it ;)

double bah, that reminds me I still had it using the actual address in party.lua and not reading it from addresses.lua, I'll have to remember to fix that before the next patch.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:24 am

Just remembered I added half a dozen new functions to party.lua

getPartyLeaderName()
returns the name of the party/raid leader direct from memory

getQuestNameStatus(_name)
returns questname and status
_name can be part of the quest name and lowercase if you want.

a few others aswell but really only useful as part of party.lua but more advanced users could utilise them if they wanted.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 am

lisa wrote:Bah I forgot the updater for the new partyleadername address Rock found, knowing him though he has already done the updater code for it
Nope, but I have now. It'll be in my next commit.
lisa wrote:double bah, that reminds me I still had it using the actual address in party.lua and not reading it from addresses.lua, I'll have to remember to fix that before the next patch.
You should do it now so you don't have to remember when you do your next commit it will already be there waiting.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:17 pm

rock5 wrote:Nope, but I have now. It'll be in my next commit.
cool
rock5 wrote:
You should do it now so you don't have to remember when you do your next commit it will already be there waiting.
the code is already there I jusat had it commented, I used the actual address because I was posting just party.lua for testing on that topic.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Ok, I see it. If I commit before you I'll include it.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 pm

alkalgeweld wrote:At the outset the clue: in place of rehabilitate or worse, it may be easiest to download this street if you already? Someone as a result facilitate to atone critically articles I'd state. This is the beginning leisure I frequented your website send for and so far? I surprised with the explore you made to act as if this special heave up incredible. Imaginary pursuit!
If that is supposed to mean something then the translation was an epic failure. :)

Tamyra

#15 Post by Tamyra » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am

Okay, I did something similar to this, or I am trying to:
Rickster wrote:Hi,

I did not use party bot for a long time and now again tried to set up a working scenario for 2 players in a group, one char played normaly, one by the bot.

I want the bot to play as dps.
But I got a little bit confused, because there are two waypointfiles, which come along with rombot: partydps.xml and partyhealer.xml. And I also found a party.xml in this topic when searching for some descriptions for party settings. Which do I have to use and whre can I find all the newest versions of the files?

Where do i find a description for party?.xml and the needed profile options. I can not find a main topic for the party bot, there seems to be a lot of topics about it though.

When using partydps for the dps, it follows party member 1 (me ;) ) but starts to fight every mob in range.
I only want it to fight back, when a groupmember is attacked or when marking a target with an icon.
How do I setup this?

Thanx
Ric
I read the solution and went into my profile to change this:

<!-- Party Bot options  -->
		<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
		<option name="PARTY_ICONS"		value="true" /> 
		<option name="PARTY_INSTANCE"	 	value="true" />

<!-- Healing options -->
		<option name="HEALER_FIGHT"		value="true" /> 	<!-- For party bot if you want healer to also fight -->
		<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
		<option name="PARTY_ICONS"		value="true" /> 
		<option name="PARTY_INSTANCE"	 	value="true" />
The first half I only uncommented, the second part because the first part didn't seem to work. Still doesn't... :(

Trying to gather lvl 60+ nodes on a lvl 55 char with a lvl 75 P/S following as both healer and dps using Ice Blade and not Rising Tide as main range attack skill.

I'm running the healing bot cause on the off chance the smaller character does aggro something I cannot see (eg: some mobs in later zones like tergothen bay use hide) it might stand a chance of survival.

So, the lvl 75 is healing and buffing like a charm, but does nothing when the "I" icon is put on mobs.

Edit: Lol stupid mistake:

<!-- Attack monsters 3 levels above or 10 below your level -->
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE" value="5" />
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW" value="20" />
The value in 20 was 10 before, the lvl 75 was ignoring them cause of low lvl. Hahaha

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:46 pm

ok, so it works as intended ?

Cindy

#17 Post by Cindy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

I can't get my dps mage to stay near my tank and healer. She wonders off and inevitably gets killed. Even tried to set it to follow the tank, to no avail. Also, it often doesnt loot. The tank loots no problem, the healer rarely does. Another thing, they don't seem to be very keen on helping each other, the mage will wander off, even though the tank is in a huge battle.

ellisdee

#18 Post by ellisdee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 pm

What would be the best way to add party commands from the main waypoint script?

For instance
<waypoint x="-3489" z="3828" y="18"> sendPartyChat("com"icon"") </waypoint>
Fails to compile when it see this, presumably due to the additional quotation marks.

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:40 pm

when you need to use addition quotations you can use " or '
this should work

sendPartyChat('com"icon"')

ellisdee

#20 Post by ellisdee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Wonderful!!! works like a charm :mrgreen:
Thanks Lisa for the amazingly fast response.