Yrvandis Hollows - All Zone Quests

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Yrvandis Hollows - All Zone Quests

#1 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Here is my four part series to complete all quests in the Dwarven starting zone of Yrvandis Hollows. The instance at the end of the zone has an elite in it that can be difficult to beat while playing solo. So I take advantage of the swim/fly hack to get past him and then come back for the statue. It might take a few tries to get it, depending on if the elite manages to interrupt you while gathering. But if you do get interrupted, the bot should fly far enough away so that the elite resets and you can try again.

At the end of the series you will be given an opportunity to pick your second class and then move on to Varanas.

Edit (7/19/15): Updated with version 1.35 of my waypoint file series. You will need the updated userfuncion_questHelpers file (version 2.2) as linked below.

Additional Requirements:

Lisa's userfunction_swimhack and userfunction_speedhack: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2765

Rock5's userfunction_teleport: http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2721

Rock5's userfunction_gotoportal: http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 916#p37916 for entering/leaving the instance.

My userfunction_questHelpers is here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=6016
Attachments
YrvandisHollows_1.35.7z
Version 1.35
(13.46 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 am, edited 15 times in total.

nerf

Re: Yrvandis Hollows - All Zone Quests

#2 Post by nerf » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:08 pm

I will try it now!

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 pm

I think I've found a couple of places where quest conditions might not be met before your character tried to turn them in. I'm testing some additional code to fix them, but will wait to release an update until I get any other feedback from other players, or I finish the Taffrock Instance file.

Bill D Cat

#4 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 am

Taffrock instance and all remaining quests have been completed and I'm testing out the fight with the elite at the end right now. So far the mage, priest, champion and warlock survive it easily due to their ranged attacks. Rogue and Warrior are problematic do to the continual AOE damage that the elite generates as the fight goes on. I'm going to play with the timing a bit more and see if I can get their survival rate up above 70% before I release this last waypoint file.

y2krazy

#5 Post by y2krazy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:06 am

Bill D Cat wrote:Taffrock instance and all remaining quests have been completed and I'm testing out the fight with the elite at the end right now. So far the mage, priest, champion and warlock survive it easily due to their ranged attacks. Rogue and Warrior are problematic do to the continual AOE damage that the elite generates as the fight goes on. I'm going to play with the timing a bit more and see if I can get their survival rate up above 70% before I release this last waypoint file.
Will test this out for you when this waypoint file is released. I believe my Dwarf is melee, so if you can optimize it for melee, that would be awesome; if not, I can always manually play that fight for a better success rate. ;)

Bill D Cat

#6 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Updated the first post with a new archive.

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 am

I found one typo not worth uploading a new archive to fix. In the file YH_03_Taffrock.xml the command "attack()" on line 28 should be "Attack()".

Bill D Cat

#8 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Files updated in first post. Read the warning before you try to use these files.

gloover

#9 Post by gloover » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 am

Hey Bill. @ first: its a really amazing sequence u've created here - thank you very much! I've created 5 characters (mages) and was testing this for a while - so here's my feedback and some suggestions/improvements

- in the second and third wp-file should be setted to __WPL:setWaypointIndex(1) (you have other values in your upladed files) so some noobs will wonder if the bot will runing agains the wall
-All loops which contains

Code: Select all

repeat
				--do something
			until getQuestStatus(xxx) == "complete"
should be written inside the quest-status-checking-loop i.e.

if getQuestStatus(xxx) == "incomplete" then
			repeat
				--do something
		end
otherwise it will stucks at this position in cause of earlier death or by starting the script not from the beginning.

- setting MobNameOrID to Zero in CatchMobSetup() doesnt reset the autousing of MAGE_FLAME to "true" - so in all further battles only "fireball" and "lightning" were used.
-also setting _doneTag in killForQuest() function to a tag seems not to working - so the bot runing a realy long loop.

last thing:
4 of my 5 mages were teleported around the "Elite" in Taffrock without attacking em. After a while got the message "was pulled back - reseting waypoint", so the bot is going to the previous wp

<!-- # 58 --><waypoint x="1196" z="1326" y="2981">
			__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("TRAVEL")
			player:rest(5,85,"full")
	</waypoint>
and repeat the procedure with teleporting without attacking the elite until he dies. Maybe it depends on the teleport timing or combat distance in the profile, I dont know. Resurection cousing the resumption to the next wp - so some quests couldnt be completed. It would be nice to create a "dead-in-instance" checking, to repeat this one.

In the sand and wholes I' was really impressed seeing some functions und your userfunction - many things I could use for my own projects. Thx again!

BTW: can you upload your profile-file, to compare the settings?

Bill D Cat

#10 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:12 pm

gloover wrote:- in the second and third wp-file should be setted to __WPL:setWaypointIndex(1) (you have other values in your upladed files) so some noobs will wonder if the bot will runing agains the wall
Fixed.
gloover wrote:-All loops which contains

repeat
				--do something
should be written inside the quest-status-checking-loop i.e.

if getQuestStatus(xxx) == "incomplete" then
			repeat
				--do something
		end
otherwise it will stucks at this position in cause of earlier death or by starting the script not from the beginning.
Good idea. Updated the files with this enhancement.
gloover wrote:- setting MobNameOrID to Zero in CatchMobSetup() doesnt reset the autousing of MAGE_FLAME to "true" - so in all further battles only "fireball" and "lightning" were used.
This worked for me every time I've tested it. I don't see anything in the questHelpers file that would skip the command to reset that skill.
gloover wrote:-also setting _doneTag in killForQuest() function to a tag seems not to working - so the bot running a really long loop.
Again, this has worked any time I've used it. I'll take another look and see if I can improve the stability of this function.
gloover wrote:last thing:
4 of my 5 mages were teleported around the "Elite" in Taffrock without attacking em. After a while got the message "was pulled back - reseting waypoint", so the bot is going to the previous wp

<!-- # 58 --><waypoint x="1196" z="1326" y="2981">
			__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("TRAVEL")
			player:rest(5,85,"full")
	</waypoint>
and repeat the procedure with teleporting without attacking the elite until he dies. Maybe it depends on the teleport timing or combat distance in the profile, I don't know. Resurrection causing the resumption to the next wp - so some quests couldn't be completed. It would be nice to create a "dead-in-instance" checking, to repeat this one.
Yeah, I've died a number of times at the elite, and always just dropped the one quest and picked it up again to get the NPC buff before running the waypoint again. I'll see if I can work up a waypoint for resuming the instance.
gloover wrote:In the sand and wholes I was really impressed seeing some functions und your userfunction - many things I could use for my own projects. Thx again!

BTW: can you upload your profile-file, to compare the settings?
Feel free to use the userfunction file for anything you create. That's what it is there for :-)

Attached is the UserDefault.xml that I use for all my new characters. See if there is anything different that might be useful to you.
Attachments
UserDefault.xml
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Bill D Cat

#11 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 pm

I think I found a better way to beat the elite Gargoylem at the end of the instance. So far I have a 100% survival rate with all classes other than Warrior, which has about an 80% survival rate at this point. Updated first post with new archive.

Bill D Cat

#12 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I was spending some time on this waypoint series again, trying to clean up a few points at which your character could get stuck, and finally tackle that pesky Elite in the Taffrock instance. I've come up with a method that has a 100% survival rate for all classes now, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner. It seems that if you path it just right, you can actually just run past the elite without getting aggro, pick up the statue of the princess and leave. Yay! One less headache for me when I make a new dwarf character.

Edit: Well, on the official servers this pathing doesn't work and will likely get you killed. It does work fine on the Nexon and Arcadia servers since you will be high enough in level to not pull aggro from the elite. I'll keep working on this to allow characters on the official servers to get past the elite.

Now for the only remaining issue I'm trying to solve. At the beginning of this quest series there is a particular quest that is not working right. You finish a few quests and eventually talk to Kemo Silvering and pick up the quest "Visit an Old Friend" (id: 425067). This quest has you travel into the next section of the zone and talk to Saatchi Shadoweave to turn it in. Here's where it goes all sideways. The quest you turn in is "Old Friend" (id: 424793). Once the bot turns in the quest, the dialog window now shows "Accept Quest: Old Friend" which you can not accept, since you just turned it in. The bot just hangs up here and doesn't do anything.

I've tried various combinations of RoMScript("CloseAllWindows()") and RoMScript("SpeakFrame_Hide()") without any luck. The only thing that has worked is to use CTRL-L to terminate the bot, and then restart it and resume the waypoint file.

So I'm going to update the first post with this new version, with the caveat that it WILL lock up at waypoint #46 in the first file, and you will have to restart the bot and resume the file in order for it to continue. If anyone can figure out a work-around for this issue, I'd be ever so grateful for the help.

BlubBlab

#13 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 am

You can simple try to go away until the windows close if it not respond to any command.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 am

I remember once I had an issue with an npc that showed the wrong dialog. This sounds similar. Unfortunately I don't remember why it did that. Is it possible the id of the npc changes and you are using the wrong id? Maybe not. I only see 1 id for that npc. Are you re-tartgeting the npc after completing the quest? Maybe you need a pause before retargeting it? Do you have any addons that autocomplete the quest for you? Maybe it's interfering. If none of that helps you might have to go through the laborious task of adding a bunch of print messages between each strep to try to figure out what's happening. It's really strange that you can't close the dialog though.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#15 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 am

No auto-quest helpers installed, and I've tried with print statements as well. Here's the short two waypoint section of code where it gets stuck.

<!-- # 46 --><waypoint x="-100" z="547" y="1577">
			player:target_NPC(119641) -- Saatchi Shadoweave
			SureCompleteQuest(424793) -- Old Friend
			<!-- At this point, the bot will stop because the dialog frame is out of sync. -->
			<!-- It shows "Accept Quest: Old Friend" which was the quest we just turned in. -->
			<!-- Only way I've found to get around this so far is to CTRL-L the bot, close the dialog window, and resume. -->
	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 47 --><waypoint x="-99" z="545" y="1577">
			player:target_NPC(119641) -- Saatchi Shadoweave
			SureAcceptQuest(424794) -- Saatchi's Cup
	</waypoint>
As soon as the bot does the SureCompleteQuest(424793) command (and I've tried debugging that function in my questHelpers file) it just locks up on me. I've tried adding a print command right afterwards like print("I made it this far") and it never executes. Changing this SureCompleteQuest() back to CompleteQuestByName() doesn't help either. I get the same result either way. Adding a RoMScript("SpeakFrame_Hide()") and/or RoMScript("CloseAllWindows()") to the waypoint doesn't help either as they never execute.

Pausing the bot with the END key and trying to manually close the window doesn't work, as the bot just reopens the same one as soon as I resume it. I've tried pausing, closing the window, moving away from the NPC and resuming as well. The bot just runs back to the NPC and opens the same window again. Only aborting the bot and restarting it with the Resume option will work for me.

BlubBlab

#16 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:20 am

Hm I'm not sure I had only one issue of this kind but my function are a bit different than Rock5's they look in a loop until the windows is opened or a time out hit without yrest
I had only one such case I had the impression that simple the waypoint where you stand where simple to far away so I increased the value from 5s to 10s but the bot could control all windows , accept and complete all quests. I only had serious problem against the elite mob but I think only 1 level was missing to get the agro range small enough. I was level 19 and it only missed 10 EXP or so for the next level. Maybe the char should eat the EXP fruit at the beginning or do some DQ's.

Unfortunately the servers seems down so I can't test it...EDIT : okay up again that was fast.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

Bill D Cat

#17 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 am

Okay, I got it all figured out. There are indeed two quests, "Visit an Old Friend" and "Old Friend" that you pick up at the beginning of the zone. Once I changed the order of the turn-in to do "Visit an Old Friend" first, the waypoint works perfectly. The issue is the sub-string pattern matching finds the second quest name inside the longer name of the first quest. Since I was trying to turn in "Old Friend" first, it was finding the longer quest name still in the logbook and checking that one instead. Of course "Visit an Old Friend" was still in the "complete" state, so it was looping indefinitely trying to turn it in, even though it already had turned in the correct quest.

So the issue was in the bot after all. It will only happen where one quest name is a shorter substring of another quest name that you have in your log book. I would be surprised if this would happen at any other time in the game other than with Public and Daily quests. Those have checks in them to account for similar names, but in this case these two quests didn't have such a check.

So I'll repost the archive with the changes to the quest turn-in order and then the only issue will be the elite in the instance at the end of the zone.

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:49 am

This should be a very rare case and, as in this case, a simple solution such as switching the order will fix it. I'm assumin at least that when it completed the first quest you would have had a message such as "Quest completed: Visit an Old Friend" followed by "Questname not found: Visit an Old Friend" which should be enough to figure out what's going on. So I'm happy as it is.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bill D Cat

#19 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 am

That's just it though, there was no additional message about the quest not being found. I had to run a few characters through the waypoint file to figure it out. Once I got into the CompleteQuestByName() -> getQuestStatus() -> igf_questStatus() that I found where the substring pattern match was happening. It never gets to the point where it prints a message that it can't find the quest name because it does find "Old Friend" as part of "Visit an Old Friend" and thinks that's a match. So the bot now tries to turn in the wrong quest over and over, thinking it's the right one when it isn't.

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 am

I think I copied the wrong message. What I meant to say was if you see that it prints "Quest completed: Visit an Old Friend" when you were expecting "Quest completed: Old Friend" then you would know that it matched the wrong quest.

If we made it an exact match it wouldn't be backward compatible and might break peoples scripts. If we added an optional argument for doing pattern/nonpattern matching that would be overkill for something that will rarely if ever be an issue by most users.

Maybe we could continue searching and if we find multiple matches then print a warning message saying so. At least you would then have a more informative message.