Craft Festival Waypoints

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
noobbotter

Re: Craft Festival Waypoints

#41 Post by noobbotter » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:49 am

I had a similar issue but I don't remember what specific skill I was working on. What I had changed to make it work for me was on line 273, replace this:

Code: Select all

player:openStore(112945,3)
with this:

if skillnum == 4 then
		player:openStore(112944,3)
	else
	end
You can give that a try and see if it fixes yours.

buchaneer

#42 Post by buchaneer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Many thanks Noobbotter,
Unfortunately, my accounts have been suspended for a week having been caught stupidly while i was on the phone and not paying attention but, these things happen. :oops:

Can I assume the following code will also work if I want to have one bot doing Carpentry and another doing Blacksmithing or somtheing else?

if skillnum == 4 or skillnum == 5 then
   else
   end
Or is my syntax completely up the creek. :mrgreen:
Tradition and Dogma are the killers of Innovation. challenge them and change them!

rock5

#43 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:23 pm

What that syntax says is, go to npc 112944 when skillnum = 4 or 5, otherwise go to 112945. Is that what it's supposed to do?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#44 Post by noobbotter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:48 am

I never did Blacksmithing. I'm pretty sure what I was doing when I fixed it was Carpentry, so if 5 is blacksmithing and it uses the same NPC as the carpentry, then yes, that should work.

i know the feeling on that 7 day involuntary vacation. I had the same thing a short while back. Now I am much more careful in what I do, and don't do anything at all automated while I'm not right there.

Unfortunately, though, as of this morning, I believe the crafting festival is over with as last night they implemented a patch which is supposed to start the next festival events. I think it's the Fairytale festival. i don't know anything about that one. Anyone know if there are easy ways to gather zodiac elements during this one, or ways to gather any other valuable items (pots, buffs, etc...)?

buchaneer

#45 Post by buchaneer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:50 am

@ Rock5.. Yep, that is what I was hoping. It may seem obvious to the experienced Coder but to a total Newbie like me who has been cutting and pasting proven sections of code and perhaps (daringly) changing the odd pieces of ID's; it is a major step (adding "or" to Noobbotter's exisiting code). With your confirmation; I am feeling quite proud. Many thanks :P
P.S. Damn shame I wont be able to test it till next year.

@ Noobbotter.. Thanks too and likewise, looking forward to the next rendition of "Rock5's Constellation (Zodiac) Pet scripts". :)
Tradition and Dogma are the killers of Innovation. challenge them and change them!

beanybabe

#46 Post by beanybabe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:13 pm

that not work it did help with getting to the npc I modified it a little this got to the right npc.
this worked better

--   player:openStore(112945,3)
if skillnum == (2 or 3 or 4) then
else
end
 --
But there was still a problem with the purchase from the npc. I did not get a chance to figure that out before event ended.

beanybabe

#47 Post by beanybabe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:20 pm

rock5 wrote:What that syntax says is, go to npc 112944 when skillnum = 4 or 5, otherwise go to 112945. Is that what it's supposed to do?

This code was a to correct a mistake rom made in the vendors in past years.

They used to have some recipe on the wrong vendors so that code helped get them to the right vendor.

the array they set up seems like it is correct, the code was just to redirect chars for the mistakes rom made in stocking vendors.

This year rom decided to fix this and moved items were they should have been.

To fix the waypont it just needs the patches removed that sent it to different vendor. But for some reason on armor crafting this did not work it would not buy the supplys.
Alchemy seemed to work od since it was not affected. This only affected armor, wood, taylor

kenzu38

#48 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:48 am

Hi guys, haven't played RoM for a long time. I think I stopped playing just a few months after sharing this script.

Anyway, seems like there was an error in the script I posted.

Good thing noobbotter mentioned the problem line, line 273, so I didn't have to search for it that long.

I remember this used to be 5 separate scripts that I merged into 1 so I'm guessing it's either I forgot to change that part of the script to suit the new consolidated one or I already fixed it in a working version but mistakenly uploaded the wrong version.

Well, either way, it was my fault so I have to fix it. Fortunately, the fix is pretty simple. Just replace line 273:

with:

player:openStore(crafttable[skillnum].npc,3)
While I'd like to post the fixed version on the OP now, I remember from reading beanybabe's post and from re-examining the script that there used to be recipes that were "misplaced" and had the wrong NPCs back then.

So I would like to ask someone first to confirm if it has indeed been fixed now so I can fix the script accordingly and post the working version on the OP.

Thanks.

kenzu38

#49 Post by kenzu38 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:30 am

Hmm, seems like no one's gonna reply and confirm it for me anytime soon. Probably not 'til the event is actually on, which probably was already held for this year, I dunno.

And I'm just taking a few weeks break from the current MMORPG that I play. So I'll just go ahead and post a new file on the OP, one that works with fixed NPCs.

beanybabe

#50 Post by beanybabe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:42 am

Thank you
for posting that it made me crazy I knew it was something simple. i just kept missing what would fix it.

i had commented that line out so i could use it last year.

kenzu38

#51 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Ok, posting v3.1b file after this.

So the problem was that since the recipe and ingredients NPC are the same, the bot doesn't update the items, since it's made to behave that way. So after buying the recipes, it doesn't "see" the ingredients.

I wasn't aware of this problem before when the recipe vendors were still unfixed since it always updates the store info since it's clicking different NPCs.

So I had to add a small function to reset the store info. It now resets store at the start of the script and after buying the recipes.

It should also support all languages now. Since it now uses getTEXT to get the skill names.

I also tweaked a lot of minor things. Like it now prints how long the script ran when script stops.

The script also, for example, when stopatlevel is 20, as soon as you reach 20, it just stops immediately without promoting the skills first. So changed that behavior in this version. It also didn't sell crafted items. Also changed that so it sells items first before stopping script.

Was only able to test 3 skills. Alchemy, Carpentry and Blacksmithing. And all only upto 20. Didn't have any problems but let me know if you guys notice any.

Item skill support is still in beta and would never get out of it.

kenzu38

#52 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 am

Forgot to set a default value for stopatlevel if it is nil so you will get a nil error in the previous file I posted. Gonna change it now.

EDIT: Ok, new file posted.

Ego95

#53 Post by Ego95 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:58 am

Somewhere theres a bug, but I dont know where. If I start it with a german client and start blacksmithing it errors instantly with

Enter the number of your choice: 3

You chose 3 - Blacksmithing.

Clear target.
Clear target.
NPC not targeted. Clearing 'store'.
Invalid selection used in 'player:getCraftLevel'The game client did not crash.
Character: xxx
2016-06-28 14:50:58 - [string "..."]:107: attempt to compare nil with number
Changing the client language to english solves the problem. But yesterday it failed on english client too. It went to the wrong npc, opened the store, closed it and tried to extend the blacksmithing ability at lvl 20 with always failed, because I already did the quest for that. I dont know, how I solved that. Actually its working fine. Can't do many tests because I am now lvl 51 and everything is fine.

Edit: Still crashes with the new version. Second bug where it runs to the wrong npc could be happened with 2.3.b. Dont know exactly if I started the wrong one.

kenzu38

#54 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm

For the second bug, you probably started the old version if the skill promotion fails. It should be able to find the choice option now with the new file.

As for the first bug, it is indeed an error with the new version. Just like the error message said, invalid argument was used for player:getCraftLevel function. It only accepts english names and the script was asking it with something like player:getCraftLevel("Schmiedehandwerk") so it didn't return anything.

I forgot about this when I tweaked the file. So I fixed it in v3.2b and I already posted the file in the first post. It should solve the problem but just post here if there's still some.

ThulsaDoom

#55 Post by ThulsaDoom » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:21 am

Did someone upgraded the code with the new recipes?
Now is available till lvl 85.