Rock5's travelTo userfunction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
turbobay

Re: Rock5's travelTo userfunction

#21 Post by turbobay » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:25 am

Thanks for your fast reply.
Well, i thought it could be the WaitForLoadingScreen(), commented it and tried again, but still was stuck...BUT i forgot to save my file. Shame on me :-(
Actually this is working now, sorry for the confusion.
After all the char needs to register the snoop in Varanas for Haven-Transport, or is it just necessary to register at least one snoop to get access to the travelTo-function?
Without registering in Varanas i got an error "not path can be found..."

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 am

The TravelTo function can actually check to see if certain snoops have been visited, mainly the majot hubs such as Varanas, Heffner, Rorazan, etc. If you haven't clicked the Varanas Snoop yet then it doesn't get included in the path calculation. Without the Varanas snoop it can't find the path to haven. You should click the snoops and open up the paths before using the userfunction.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

wiedzmin97

#23 Post by wiedzmin97 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Why i get this error when char going to teleport with snoop?:

Code: Select all

The game client did not crash.
10:8pm - .../scripts/rom/userfunctions/userfunction_travelTo.lua:201: attempt to
 index global 'bit32' (a nil value)
pls help .

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 pm

That is a new function available in the 1.03 version of Micromacro. You'll need to update it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobbotter

#25 Post by noobbotter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:10 am

Rock,

I was using your new travelTo function yesterday. I was using it separately on several characters (using same script) to go from Harf Trading Post to Varanas Central. All but one of my characters worked fine. The one that didn't work, gave an error of trying to go to Obsidian Stronghold. That particular character had never been to OS but I'm pretty sure that some of the others had never been there as well. I'm going to test it again tonight to see if I get the same error or not, but it seems like for some reason it tried to go to Varanas Central via Obsidian Stronghold instead of going through Silverfall. Weird how it only did that on one character though. I'll let you know what I get after more testing tonight.

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 am

Well OS is one of the teleports that it's supposed to be able to tell if it's been there, so it shouldn't have tried to go there. If it tried to go there then there was a hiccup and it thought it had been there.

Next time it happens, restart the script (assuming your script can resume from where it stopped), and if it then goes the right way then there was a hiccup in my function. If it still tries to go to OS then restart the client and try again. If it works then there was a bug in the game. If it still doesn't work then we'll have to take more complex steps to figure out what's going on.

noobbotter

#27 Post by noobbotter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 am

Well, I haven't seen it happen again yet, so it may have just been a hiccup.

Eggman1414

#28 Post by Eggman1414 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 am

What should the optionString var be when adding a new portal? For instance, I am trying to add Sarlo to the function but am unable for the bot to find Sarlo?

this is what I added
Under Node List

Sarlo					 = {Zone=26, Npc={Id=118219, X=-17872, Z=-3332, Y=804}, ConnectsTo={"Syrbal"}},
and under optionString

Sarlo = "ZONE_SARLO",
I have also tried "ZONE_Z26_Sarlo" but that didnt work either

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 am

I thought I added Sarlo. Yes I did, but I forgot to post it. I'll do that now.

You were close. I think you just forgot to add a link from Syrbal to Sarlo.

Bill D Cat

#30 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 am

Just a thought; but would it be worth the effort to add a few more travel points to cover the guild castle managers?

Suggesting: VaranasCastleWest, VaranasCastleEast, and ObsidianCastle.

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:15 am

Nearly anything could be added if there is enough demand for it. I put some effort into the userfunction to make it easy to expand.

Bill D Cat

#32 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Locations Added:

VaranasCastleWest = Guild Castle Manager in Varanas Lower City West
VaranasCastleEast = Guild Castle Manager in Varanas Lower City East
ObsidianCastle    = Guild Castle Manager in Obsidian Stronghold
-- File removed. Added to first post --
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

kuripot

#33 Post by kuripot » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:15 pm

i dont know how to use this.. can you gave some example?? its look like gotoguild userfunction?? i just put the command and automatically go to his destination?? example if i standing in snoop varanas and i want to go to sarlo.. how can make this???

BlubBlab

#34 Post by BlubBlab » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Theoretically it would be this

travelTo("Sarlo");
perhaps you must target Sturobold first

player:target_NPC("Sturobold");
I do it anyway, so I don't care
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

Bill D Cat

#35 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:34 pm

As BlubBlab said, you just use the name of the destination as the argument to the function. But you can only use it to travel to those locations (Snoop the Stubborn, Dalanas Envoy, etc) that you have already visited and unlocked. So if you have never talked to the transporter in Sarlo to unlock it (or failed to unlock any of the others in the chain from Rorazan), then you can not use this function to take you there.

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:52 pm

And you need to be near a travel point for it to work.

@Bill D Cat. I don't know if I would have made a point for both the house maid and guild. They are in the same location. Also there are house maids everywhere, so what are we going to start doing, adding all house maids?

Bill D Cat

#37 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:11 am

True. Same general location, different target NPC. I suppose it could just be one waypoint for both of them. I also didn't include the house maids in Obsidian because they are both direct line-of-sight from the closest transporters. Edited the file to remove the redundant locations for house maids.

@Rock5: Be near a travel location or have your main transport skills off cool-down so it can get you to a known location such as Heffner.

Lamkefyned

#38 Post by Lamkefyned » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:33 am

<<--Error-->>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<waypoints>
   <onLoad>
<!--      AMBOLIA Campo de Instruccion Script       -->
<!--                   V1                           -->
<!--                07/01/2014                      -->

<!-- FUNCIONS INSTRUCCIONES     -->

cprintf(cli.lightblue,"Ambolia Script \n");
            cprintf(cli.lightred,"--- Script Compatible Solo Con Idioma Ingles --- \n");

cprintf(cli.lightred,"--- NECESARIO --- \n");
            cprintf(cli.lightred,"--- POCION: Entusiasmo Desenfrenado --- \n");
            cprintf(cli.lightred,"--- TITULO: Huida Prodigiosa --- \n");

<!-- FUNCIONS START GMDETECT     -->

startGMDetect()

</onLoad>

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-22128" z="6416" y="-179">
	player:mount() 
	travelTo("MercenarySquare")

</waypoint>
      </waypoints>
Attachments
Sin título.png
If you think something is right just because everyone else believes,you're not thinking.

rock5

#39 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:25 am

What teleport point are you teleporting from? Are you too far away from the teleport point? And was Recall on cooldown?

Lamkefyned

#40 Post by Lamkefyned » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 pm

obsidian from the guild
If you think something is right just because everyone else believes,you're not thinking.