Goblin Mines - Phirius Potion farm

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Ego95

Goblin Mines - Phirius Potion farm

#1 Post by Ego95 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:51 am

Hi,
I've made a waypoint file to farm Phirius Potions in the Goblin Mines.

(doesn't work anymore since patch 5.0.10.2634 - I'll try to fix it)
Goblin Mines - Phirius Potion farm v.2.0

You need:
- addon - Invite Last Group: download below (otherwise you can only use the Invite_By_Name function)
- addon - AutoAcceptInvitations (modified by Xmen): http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3443
- lisa's userfunction_gmmonitor.lua : http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2516 (recommended!)
- lisa's userfunction_swimhack.lua (updated by Rock5 for rev. 724): http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2765
- rock5's userfunction_teleport : http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... dfd#p23951
- lisa's userfunction_logger : http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... dfd#p40035 (it logs if you got stuck while using this file. Please post it in this topic if you often get stuck and where it happens, if you know it. With this information I can improve my script for you.)

Instructions:
1. Put your main character next to "Mahler Palo" in Aslan-Valley
2. Put a secondary character in your house or somewhere else
3. Invite your secondary character. Don't forget to activate the AutoAcceptInvitations on your secondary character's account (only on your secondary character, not the main!)
4. Start waypoint file

Bot will port into Goblin Mines and port over the fence so you don't have to pay phirius tokens. It will start the timer and fly through the whole mines and pick up all chests. At the end it will destroy the group and invite your secondary character again. I've added the use of house maid potion "Unbridled Enthusiasm" if you set

Code: Select all

Speed = true
(is set to true as default) so you can save some time.

Note:
This is only a WP to farm potions, not to complete the minigame!

If you notice any mistakes or something I could do better, please post it. But keep in mind, that I'm not a pro :D

New in version 2.0:
-script completely rewritten
-ports over the fence to avoid getting stuck
-doesn't leave a chest unopened (thanks to rock's help with the evalClickable function)
-faster potion-farming: bot uses swimhack under the floor
-outside the bot waits for party join before porting into the instance
-for people that don't like the InviteLastGroup addon: You can now Invite_By_Name
-char leaves party if it gets stuck
-bot will do a player:sleep() if your bag is full

Known Bugs
-character wants to open the same chest for hours if the inventory is full

Invite Last Group:
Invite Last Group.rar
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

goblin_pot.xml:
goblin_pot.xml
v.2.0: a lot of new stuff added (have a look above);
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
goblin_pot.xml
v.1.1: replaced name of the chests by id; usable for clients of all languages now
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Last edited by Ego95 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 19 times in total.

kkulesza

Re: Goblin Mines - Phirius Potion farm

#2 Post by kkulesza » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:21 am

Always wanted to that Wp but i was too lazy :)
Now i only play SiegeWars and Phirius pots are useless there. What a pity.

Ego95

#3 Post by Ego95 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Always wanted to that Wp but i was too lazy
Too lazy? :D Didn't take much time.

I forgot to try it; is it possible to use the id for the goblin chests?
player:target_Object(id); or player:target_Object("id");

If yes, I can add it tomorrow
Last edited by Ego95 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes you can.

Typically you would use

player:target_Object(id)
but I believe support has been added to handle string ids as well.

player:target_Object("id")
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

dap

#5 Post by dap » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 am

works great, to save more time you may add teleport function.
I didnt know that the phirius potions can be farmed :)

Ego95

#6 Post by Ego95 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

I didnt know that the phirius potions can be farmed :)
Thanks. I found it out a few weeks ago. I thought, it's an instance so why you could't reset it :)
works great, to save more time you may add teleport function.
Yes, maybe, but I'm not a fan of the teleport_userfunction. I'm not sure if you can teleport through the whole instance without getting teleported back, because i didn't use it often (only in rock's minigame scripts). When your ping is a bit higher than normal, the bot will get stuck when it gets teleported back. I think it's only usable for short distances and not for long routes. But maybe I'll give it a try. The next thing I wanted to add is a check, if Sirius Hammertooth is in the instance. But I'm on Holidays first :D
One week Turkey and two weeks Majorca :D

dap

#7 Post by dap » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 pm

so i wish you good rest :)
pity that we cannot farm hammers

Tamyra

#8 Post by Tamyra » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 am

Sorry :oops:
Last edited by Tamyra on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

Looks like you solded your own problem. Have you updated your swim hack?
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 410#p24410
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Tamyra

#10 Post by Tamyra » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Umm, wait when was the most recent update made? Based on when the last edit was done on the first post, I have the latest version. It has been working since the release of chapter 5. Have there been any new releases since then? Every time there's a new patch I always run an SVN update to make sure I have the latest versions of everything....I guess this doesn't update with SVN? As I posted in that thread, I think it may be my use of slim client.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:22 pm

It was updated to coincide with changes made in 724, so very recent and after patch 5.0.0.

Yes, normally the address gets updated with the bot but patch 5.0.0 caused the fly hack to not work properly, ie. instead of swimming in the direction you are pointed, it would swim horizontally and then at the last second, angle down/up toward your waypoint. I finally fixed it in 724 but the swim hack now needs to deal with 10 bytes instead of 6 so it needed to be updated. Good news is, if the number of bytes ever changes again, the swim hack is now written to handle it, so it shouldn't need to be updated for that.

Tamyra

#12 Post by Tamyra » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Okay, back to this thread...got the swim hack working again, I must have last used it like the day before the update. But, this phirius pot farming, are we assuming that the chests are NOT there or invisible? I did a walk through and saw none. :?

Edit: NVM, tried the waypoint. That explained a few things.

Ego95

#13 Post by Ego95 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 am

Yes, if you don't destroy & invite your party again the timer will go on from where it stopped the last run and all opened chests will be open too. I hope they won't fix it soon, I've just started to fill my house chests with typ-E potions :)

RomJunkie

#14 Post by RomJunkie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am

don't flame the newbie here ... How do I 'activate' the AutoAcceptInvitations?

I have downloaded the AutoAcceptInvitations and placed the folder inside of the rom/ingamefunctions folder (but did not put it in the actual game folder's ingamefunction folder).

Additionally, I have put the swimhack and wallclimb files in the ingamefunctions folder for the bot.

I'm just not sure what I am supposed to add to the profile xml file to include these .lua files. I attempted to call both fly() and aai.turnon() functions but it fails because I have not included the .lua files.

I've looked around and reviewed several of the other .lua files trying to find the proper syntax, but I'm flamuxed and forced to show my ignorance.

Any help is apprec'd. I verified the procedure works by manually creating and destroying group while the primary character used the ROMeo hack to fly through the zone and loot the chests.

I desparately need to use your waypoints here because the first time I let my main character run unattended, he used up all 600 phirius potions and elixers I had saved up. THAT ... was a learning experience.

grande

#15 Post by grande » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Howdy, this is the correct address to put the AAI addon: C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic\Interface\AddOns

or your driveletter:\your program files location\Runes of Magic\Interface\AddOns

If you don't have the Interface\AddOns directories just make them.

The hack userfunctions go in userfunctions directory: micromacro\scripts\rom\userfunctions

The various WPs you download will include the fly() syntax where they need to be (no need to change profile for that)... but you can read and learn from others successful WPs.

Good luck to you and have fun :-)

Ego95

#16 Post by Ego95 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

So there ARE users which are using my file :)
A few month ago I posted, that I wanted to add a check for Sirius Hammertooth, but I noticed that he never spawns. Or has anyone saw it happening with that script? If not, has anyone ideas what I could add?

RomJunkie

#17 Post by RomJunkie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm

grande, thank you for setting me straight.

AlterEgo95: Dude, yer WP ROCKS!! Yer awesome! Thanks for sharing.

RomJunkie

#18 Post by RomJunkie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 pm

a followup:

I was having a race-condition on the auto-invite when exiting the mine. Basically I would get the popup invite a few seconds after the party was established. Then when the wp tried to select "Enter the Mine", it instead accepted the invite, which had already been done. I simply copied and pasted the following line above the start of the quest:

RoMScript("StaticPopup_OnClick(StaticPopup1, 1);");

That satisfied the party invite popup so that the original code could properly handle the popup for the 'Enter the mine' option.

I also had to widen the yrests as well to properly space out the timings. This is probably system-specific.

I was noticing that my character would occasionally veer away from the narrow path, and get stuck on the geometry; occasionally triggering a server death. I traced the issue to my own change of the WAYPOINT_DEVIATION variable.

The only thing I still notice, is he occasionally attracts a maggot to attack when he's looting the second box. Sometimes he'll go into battle mode and kill it, othertimes he ignores it and the dratted thing pulls a train down the hallways. I want to set up a check to see after each looting if the player is in aggro. If so, fire off his AOE (which is one-shot-kill) and continue.

All in all, a top notch WP.

wulf

#19 Post by wulf » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:01 am

AlterEgo95 wrote: A few month ago I posted, that I wanted to add a check for Sirius Hammertooth, but I noticed that he never spawns. Or has anyone saw it happening with that script? If not, has anyone ideas what I could add?
I use a similar script for the minigame. I fly directly through the elementals (whithout looting the boxes). Once I saw Hammertooth.
RomJunkie wrote:The only thing I still notice, is he occasionally attracts a maggot to attack when he's looting the second box. Sometimes he'll go into battle mode and kill it, othertimes he ignores it and the dratted thing pulls a train down the hallways. I want to set up a check to see after each looting if the player is in aggro.
change the code at the box waypoints to

__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("RUN");
  player:target_Object(113164);
__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("TRAVEL");

Ego95

#20 Post by Ego95 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 am

__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("RUN");
player:target_Object(113164);
__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("TRAVEL");
Yes, this is one thing you can do. You can change the first line too.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints type="RUN">