Rock5's Ultra Model files

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Rock5's Ultra Model files

#1 Post by rock5 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am

Here is the extreme model files I use strictly for botting and the batch files I use to switch between manual playing and botting. The batch files also rename a number of fdb files. When set up for botting most models for players, npcs ,mobs and mounts are not visible and there is no colors or textures. Without these files I'm unable to run 4 clients smoothly, even when using CleanMem. With these files it runs 4 very smoothly and reliably.

Setup:
  • - VERY IMPORTANT! If you are upgrading from a previous version, switch to manual play and delete the old "modelbot" folder. Do not overwrite it as later versions may have files removed that were causing problems and overwriting the folder will not delete these files.
    - Unpack "modelbot.7z" into the game directory. Leave the name of the folder as "modelbot"
    - If you already have some model files for when you are manually playing, leave the "model" folder as is. It might be a good idea to copy the contents of your "model" folder to "modelbot" to make sure all the models files you usually block are also blocked when botting.
    - Unpack the batch files in "batFiles.7z" also into the games directory.
    - WARNING! There is a danger of stuffing up your fdb files if the game is updated while in "botting" mode so it is highly recommended to use "Client.exe NoCheckVersion" with the shortcut you use to start the game. That way it wont start an update unexpectedly. When you get a message saying you are running the wrong version, switch to "manual play" mode before doing a client update. There is a batch file for this also (see below).
The way the batch files work:
  • - When you run "Start Client for botting" it will rename the "model" folder (if it exists) to "modelnonbot" and "modelbot" to "model". It will then rename a number of fdb files so they don't get used, effectively nulling the whole fdb files.
    - When you run "Start Client for manual play" it does the opposite, restoring the original "model" folder and renaming the fdbs back to their original names.
    - I don't have the batch files starting the game because "NoCheckVersion" doesn't seem to work in batch files. (see above warning) Just start the game after running a batch file.
    - Because I've accidentally updated the game without restoring the fdbs, I've also included a batch file just for updating the game "Start ClientUpdate". It makes sure the game is in "manual play" mode before running clientupdate. So, if you get a message when starting the game saying your client is the wrong version, close the game then run this batch file.
Note: The bot has issues if you are mounted and the mount is not visible. I've committed a fix for this in rev 716, so do an svn update.
modelbot.7z
1.2 - Fixes crashes when collecting Regeneration Sigils.
(132.62 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
batfiles.7z
1.2 Added texture5.fdb
(942 Bytes) Downloaded 717 times
Here is an updated version for patch 5.0.1. Because it's easy to stuff up an update, I've left the previous one above for now.
modelbot.7z
1.3.2 - Removed a couple of files that was causing cot to crash.
(135.27 KiB) Downloaded 692 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

Re: Rock5's Ultra Model files

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Sorry, looks like I royally screwed up the modelbot folder. 4 files I thought I'd left out by mistake turns out causes the game to crash. And some files I'd previously left out because they interfere with click to cast skills, I accidentally re-added.

I updated the new version. For those 4 people who already downloaded it, please download it again.

To upgrade, change to manual play mode, delete the modelbot folder and replace with this new one. The batch files remain unchanged.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Scales

#3 Post by Scales » Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 pm

my client seems to crash uppon picking up regeneration sigils whilst in botting mode

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Only regeneration Sigils? That's weird. How many times have you noticed it happening? Maybe as a temporary fix set "LOOT_SIGILS" to false in your profile.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't do much killing botting so I can't say 100% that it doesn't happen to me. I'll have to do some specific testing for it (if I can make the time).

Scales

#5 Post by Scales » Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm

After testing it more, magic/attack/def/mdef/talent/xp are all fine. crashes everytime with regeneration (around six times now) and i am yet to drop the other healing sigil (forgot what it was called). otherwise it works nice and smooth :) so ill use the temp workaround. Thanks

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 pm

I suspect that even if I confirm it, I probably wont be able to pinpoint what's causing it. But I'll try to make time to try anyway.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 am

I thought I'd have trouble testing this because of low sigil drop but I decided to do some t4 item farming and with my luck stuff applied nearly every mob dropped a sigil. Never realised the sigil drop rate was so high.

So I was immediately able to confirm your problem. Happened to me too.

I've already narrowed it down to a file in the fx folder. With the high sigil drop rate it shouldn't take me too long to find the problem file/s. The restarting just takes a while. :S

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 am

I've narrowed it down to these 2 files
  • _nor_phy_shootup_motion01.ras
    _nor_phy_shootup_motion02.ras
But I'm toying with the idea of removing all .ras files to avoid any future issues. I used to not have any included and never had issues. I'm not even sure what they are for. Does anyone know? What's the difference between .ros files and .ras files?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:13 am

I just posted an update for the above problem. Make sure you follow the instructions when updating.

I also updated the bat files. They sometimes failed to rename when folders or files were locked for whatever reason. They are still quite safe and wasn't really a problem but it annoyed me when it didn't tell me it failed. So now they check what they are renaming and pause and give you a message if they fail.

Louis

#10 Post by Louis » Sat May 26, 2012 2:01 am

WOW brutal xD
thx

silinky

#11 Post by silinky » Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 am

haha this stuff is neat :D i quite love it how the game looks without textures.
dunno if it only my problem, but it does not allow me to run more bots than i did before.
maybe because i havae all windows minimized, and that does not require much vram?

or the thing is that it does not load the textures and a lot of models into the RAM?

anyway, thanks for this very fine model pack, i use it differently, i made a copy of my rom, and converted it to textureless, model-less version permanently :)

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:38 am

Well I found that I used to be able to start 4 clients and bot them but, even though they seemed to start alright, after awhile it would struggle to stop at the waypoint and often ran quite a distance past the waypoints before turning around and going back. When it started behaving like that, they would get stuck often. This would be after 1 or 2 character changes. The only way to salvage the situation (without restarting all clients) was to shut one client down.

With the model files I can run all my 4 accounts with no troubles. Even when doing all my minigames and dailies chain. That's 28 characters in about 5 hours. I can even start up a fifth client if I need to, to do a bit of testing.

I think the difference is, with the models and textures, the known memory problems of the game are more pronounced and are more noticable on each character change. So it get worse and worse after each character change. Whereas removing the models and textures seems to completely remove that problem so it doesn't get worse.

That's my impression anyway.

emcagi

#13 Post by emcagi » Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for your great work.
I can let the computer unnatended making the elven daily with 3 accounts full of chars one after another with no errors. Before this adition, I needed to restart the client for nearly each account and that made me doubt when the time of the "tier squad" come. I'm thinking in growing the tier squad family XD.
This is great.

Sorry for my bad english.

dx876234

#14 Post by dx876234 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:05 am

Just a small sidestep, have u considered using the romlog.dll to make separate model directories for bots & playing clients?

BillDoorNZ

#15 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed May 30, 2012 4:17 pm

dx876234 wrote:Just a small sidestep, have u considered using the romlog.dll to make separate model directories for bots & playing clients?
wow, that romlog looks good. Will give that a go and see how hard it is to add stuff in that I want.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 pm

It's not relevant to the topic though because it has nothing to do with reducing resource usage but looks nice.

One of the reasons savevariables can get corrupted is when multiple clients try to write to it at the same time. This could be used to have a save folder per client. I usually just write protect the sewttings folder though.

kkulesza

#17 Post by kkulesza » Thu May 31, 2012 7:43 am

dx876234 wrote:Just a small sidestep, have u considered using the romlog.dll to make separate model directories for bots & playing clients?
What romlog.dll?
I cant find it in my game folder. Did i miss something?

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:11 am

kkulesza wrote:What romlog.dll?
I cant find it in my game folder. Did i miss something?
LoL. I did that too. Then I thought to search on the web. It's sort of an addon or hack to control how and where the settings are saved.

kkulesza

#19 Post by kkulesza » Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

O.K.
I've found it.
I can download dll file but i cant find sources for it.
So i'll better stay away from it :)

P.S. Seems like that guy from rom research blog has some insider info and good hacks, but he doesn't want to share :(

krix

#20 Post by krix » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Does it work fine if i'll want to run 3 clients in bot-mode and one in manual-mode?

Or you need to choose 1 option?