YAKSS - Yet Another KS Script

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: YAKSS - Yet Another KS Script

#21 Post by lisa » Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 am

rock5 wrote:
Hidden wrote:What class combo do you use? Mine is melee close range was thinking of changing to mage/scout for range might work better for me.
Especially now you can use Thunderstorm. :D

I'm actually looking forward to hearing from someone who has tried using Thunderstorm in ks. It should work especially good on the first mobs assuming you are high enough level.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance for more testing of the aoe skills.

I had a few thoughts though.

Have you tried to zoom camera in to be first person?
You might get issues where an object is behind character (like wall) which affects the camera angle and that in turn will affect the angle you are looking when facing mobs.
lisa wrote:Tested with thunderstorm for about 5 mins and worked every time.

If you get LoS issues then it casts on the ground between you and mob which is where your mouse would be pointing.

Lol actually just got an issue, if you have the angle wrong and your mouse can actually point off into the distance, char will cast thunderstorm off in the distance which involves it just walking off to be in range of that point.
I think mob needs to be above char in order to have it happen but also need to see ground on the other side of mob.

Only happened once for me.
I posted that a little while back, it may have also been resulted from the angle with object behind character.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 am

lisa wrote:Unfortunately I didn't get a chance for more testing of the aoe skills.
That's ok. Wasn't urgent. Hopefully someone will eventually report back about it.
lisa wrote:Have you tried to zoom camera in to be first person?
You might get issues where an object is behind character (like wall) which affects the camera angle and that in turn will affect the angle you are looking when facing mobs.
Doesn't it auto zoom when there is an object between the camera and the player? I guess if the camera is zooming in while it's trying to target it might cause problems. There would be small chance of it though and it would happen seldom I think. But it's definately worth trying to zoom into first person to try to fix such issues.
lisa wrote:Lol actually just got an issue, if you have the angle wrong and your mouse can actually point off into the distance, char will cast thunderstorm off in the distance which involves it just walking off to be in range of that point.
I think mob needs to be above char in order to have it happen but also need to see ground on the other side of mob.
I actually never had this happen in the later testing I did. One thing I did to address this is when finding the middle of the screen, it now averages downwards instead of upwards. So if a mob is on top of a hill, for instance, it wont average upward and miss the hill altogether but, instead, average down and hopefully always hit the ground.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

krix

#23 Post by krix » Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 am

Cant seem to get this to run.

Starting at the res point i get the following error

[string "..."]:244: attempt to call method 'setKillZone' (a nil value)

similarly if starting inside instace will kill and loot mobs then return the same error
Anyone can post valid link for update client? I tired to download new micromacro, tired new rombot.. tried domad rom/update.

And still got te same error as above. :/

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 am

Are you following the svn instructions?
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

krix

#25 Post by krix » Mon May 14, 2012 1:36 pm

yeah, i did but i needed to exchange files in game folder ;)

Now i have different issue... bot rushes into pack of monsters instead of killing from the distance one after another :/

Before update, with "only waypoint"" script it worked well.

BillDoorNZ

#26 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 pm

what version of the WIP_KP script are you using?

Should be at the top of the file (if it isn't, then get the latest one at the start of this thread - currently 1.3). I had to fix some of the killrects as they didn't work with rocks ptinpoly properly (coords were in a different order).

jock52

#27 Post by jock52 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 pm

So is one of the required functions handling the fly tag for going from Pancer to the instance?

Hidden

#28 Post by Hidden » Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 am

jock52 wrote:So is one of the required functions handling the fly tag for going from Pancer to the instance?
Thats the only thing I dont like about this script, flying in public zone is easily spotted and in turn easily reported.

(Watched it from a second client the character shoots into the air as it moves)

Have attempted to rewrite that section of the script, so that it will mount.. ride to Pancer... sell, ride off cliff, stop just before the entrance to KS, apply buffs and invite.
(Proving to be easier said than done)

Trying to teach myself by dissecting the hard work of others who have given those with no skills in this area the ability to do so.

Thanks again Bill for sharing your hard work

jock52

#29 Post by jock52 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:17 pm

I can see your point, I too have been trying to accomplish this, but I am having a heck of a time doing so.

Hidden

#30 Post by Hidden » Sat May 19, 2012 12:27 am

ok well i have no idea if this will work as I haven't had time to test it, but basically i have used the "topancer" waypoints from the foolproof ks run and replaced the first 16 waypoints of this script.

Dont know if I'm even on the right track but thought I would share what I have tried.

Code: Select all

player:mount();
	</waypoint>	
        <!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-15134" z="11548" y="161" type="RUN"> </waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="-15365" z="11644" y="170" type="RUN">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  3 --><waypoint x="-15931" z="11922" y="167" type="RUN">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="-16431" z="11769" y="158" type="RUN">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-16613" z="11701" y="154" type="RUN">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-16618" z="11352" y="158" type="RUN"> changeProfileOption("HARVEST_DISTANCE", 200);  
	local startMoney = inventory.Money;
		for i=1,2,1 do --sell twice in case we used Magic Perfume and ended up with a stack of items waiting for backpack space
			player:merchant("Pancer");
			inventory:update();
			player:clearTarget();
			RoMScript("CloseAllWindows()");
			yrest(500);
                __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("toKS")        
		end;

local endMoney = inventory.Money;
		ksLog("Selling at Pancer: started with "..tostring(startMoney).." now have "..tostring(endMoney).." made "..tostring(endMoney-startMoney).." gold", LOGLEVEL_INFO);
	</waypoint>

<!-- #   7 --><waypoint x="-16650" z="11463" type="TRAVEL" tag="toKS">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #   8 --><waypoint x="-16836" z="11573" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #   9 --><waypoint x="-17141" z="11250" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  10 --><waypoint x="-17448" z="10703" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  11 --><waypoint x="-17668" z="10680" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  12 --><waypoint x="-17936" z="10586" type="TRAVEL"> 	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  13 --><waypoint x="-18160" z="10707" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  14 --><waypoint x="-18288" z="11068" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  15 --><waypoint x="-18416" z="11681" type="TRAVEL">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  16 --><waypoint x="-18581" z="12370" y="-809" tag="outside entrance">
		yrest(2000);
		ksLog("Entering instance", LOGLEVEL_INFO);
		KS_ExpectingAddressChange = true;
		while (getZoneId() == 6) do
			GoToPortal(200);
			waitForLoadingScreen(10);
		end
	</waypoint>

kilbord

#31 Post by kilbord » Sun May 20, 2012 4:20 am

can i put make stopatboss 2 whit out problems?

Hidden

#32 Post by Hidden » Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

Ok well that got me halfway there.
At rez point will buff and invite then walk to Pancer.

Once at pancer I get Failed to compile and run code for waypoint #8. So from here i need to work out why its not mounting, selling to Pancer then moving off to KS.

Maybe if someone could PM me as i feel like I'm hijacking Bills thread.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 am

Needs an extra bracket.

BillDoorNZ

#34 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun May 20, 2012 2:52 pm

sorry guys - I tend to play during hte week and not get on very often over the weekend :(

I've just finished updating the script to use running WP's and will upload shortly.

krix

#35 Post by krix » Sun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I tried few times it with mage, and still got the same result.

1. Char leaves some mobs near entrance (salamandres etc.)
2. Most of the time (not always) clearing groups of mobs look like this: a) run into pack/lone_mob b) get attacked c) start killing.
- it works nice only if i use only AoE skills that can kill all of them in 1 or 2 hits

Is it designed 4 melee classes or i'm missing something?

Hidden

#36 Post by Hidden » Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

rock5 wrote:

Needs an extra bracket.
Thanks Rock, that got me to the entrance, had to make another change when it gets there so it would enter the porthole whilst mounted but works 100%
BillDoorNZ wrote:sorry guys - I tend to play during hte week and not get on very often over the weekend :(
I've just finished updating the script to use running WP's and will upload shortly.
All good Bill :D
krix wrote:I tried few times it with mage, and still got the same result.
1. Char leaves some mobs near entrance (salamandres etc.)
2. Most of the time (not always) clearing groups of mobs look like this: a) run into pack/lone_mob b) get attacked c) start killing.
- it works nice only if i use only AoE skills that can kill all of them in 1 or 2 hits
Is it designed 4 melee classes or i'm missing something?
Im having the same issue, when loot off for the salamanders it will run in agrro and kill but misses alot of the loot when its time to loot again.
Only with the poison frogs / salamanders in the first room and past second boss. I am using a melee class i think BillDoorNZ uses a scout.
Was hoping switching to a Ranged character might stop that.

Not selling purple items either, had changed this in profile am I overlooking something elsewhere?
<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_QUALITY" value="white,green,blue,purple" /> <!-- white,green,blue,purple -->

BillDoorNZ

#37 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun May 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Hidden wrote: Im having the same issue, when loot off for the salamanders it will run in agrro and kill but misses alot of the loot when its time to loot again.
Only with the poison frogs / salamanders in the first room and past second boss. I am using a melee class i think BillDoorNZ uses a scout.
Was hoping switching to a Ranged character might stop that.

Not selling purple items either, had changed this in profile am I overlooking something elsewhere?
<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_QUALITY" value="white,green,blue,purple" /> <!-- white,green,blue,purple -->
hmm...sounds like its a COMBAT_DISTANCE issue - not entirely sure tho - thats usually the reason that you miss some of the loot, is that the bot is doing a player:lootAll() and the distance to the next bit of loot is too far so it stops. I've never really bothered to fix that issue as I usually only miss maybe 4 bodies that way.

I do indeed play with a scout, so the concept is that the character runs in, stops at first corner, nukes the salamanders in the corridor, loots them, then moves into the first room, kills the mobs in the first half of the bottom level of room, then loots, then goes up the first little steps and kills the mobs there and loots as it goes before heading up the longer stairs...

I don't autosell purples myself, so not sure why it isn't selling your purples - thats all the player:merchant () autosell stuff.

Hidden

#38 Post by Hidden » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm

COMBAT_DISTANCE makes sense. My character will run past the first 4 into the archway get aggro, kill what ever is aggro'd then run off to the centre of the room and into each group. Then when looting its 50/50 somethimes it will loot the whole room others none. Not overly fussed tho as it only seems to be the salamanders, and currently working on an r/s for farming ks (figure the Treasure Hunter passive skill, and the ability to hold 3 loot runes will kick the luck ratio an extra 90-100%)

Got the purple's sorted, had to change settings in Userfuction_Cleanbag.xml :)

BillDoorNZ

#39 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 am

oops...i meant MAX_TARGET_DIST, not COMBAT_DISTANCE :)

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:58 am

Also make sure you check LOOT_DISTANCE too.