changing profile option, friend and mob

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
C3PO

Re: changing profile option, friend and mob

#21 Post by C3PO » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am

No that's not what I said ;)

the first char does all dailies as expected
the second (and 3,4,5,6,7,8) char does the first daily NOT as expected because the do not fight against the mobs. The dailies 2-10 are then done as normal.

I tried Rock's mentioned loadProfile() but it doesn't change the problem

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 am

Again I say, I don't see any code to change the friends or mobs list. Do you change them anywhere? Do you change any profile options in your waypoint?

Also are you sure TwinkDQ profile has skills for all your characters?

Maybe you should send me a copy of your full waypoint file and profile so I can have a look through them. Send them by PM if you don't want to post them here.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm

There is probably something wrong with your logic or the order in which you do things. You'll have to troubleshoot it until you figure out what it is.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bill D Cat

#24 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 pm

I took a little time to add some functionality to this userfunction.

1. Add or remove friend/mob from list using either Name or ID. Those entered by Name can be removed by ID and those entered by ID can be removed by Name.

2. The updated lists are now shown in their entirety after an Add or Remove. Those entries that were added or removed by ID now also have the corresponding names listed as well.

3. Added a "List" option to only display the friend/mob list. Helpful for debugging waypoints to see what mobs will or will not be targeted.
Attachments
userfunction_profilechange_13.zip
Updated userfunction_profilechange V1.3
(911 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 am

I can't stand to see repetition and there is a lot of it in this file. So I decided to trim it down a bit. Of course I can't but help do a few other tweaks as well. :)

The changes I included:
  • - Reducing repetition
    - Fixed the 'reset' option. You have to use table.copy() otherwise changes to one table affect the other.
    - The old mob and friend list are only valid if a new profile isn't loaded. It now resets the old lists if it detects if a new profile has been loaded.
    - Allow 'list' to be used as the 'second' argument. Actually both 'list' and 'reset' can be used as either the 2nd or 3rd argument.
    - Using Id numbers as either strings or numbers, eg. "123456" and 123456, are seen as the same thing.
    - Changed the order of some of the checks.
I don't know why I updated this. I never use this function myself.

Anyway, see what you think.
Attachments
userfunction_profilechange.lua
Version 1.31
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

wps

#26 Post by wps » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 am

rock5 wrote: I don't know why I updated this. I never use this function myself.
The programmer's enthusiasm !
The desire to make the world better!

TY, Rock.

I didn't use this, either.
I don't change profile in waypoint frequently.

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Well I never changed the friends list from a waypoint file. I'd just add names in the profile.

I sometimes used the mobs list but I would just create the table per waypoint as needed. Eg.

Code: Select all

settings.profile.mobs={"Boar","Bear"}

Bill D Cat

#28 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:48 pm

I've just completed a set of three waypoint files that do an entire run-through of the Elven Island quests. The first file does all quests inside the Valley of Preparation, the second goes outside and does everything up to the first bridge past the Spore Grove, and the last completes the zone with the Sabinean Cave quests and transports the player to Varanas at the end.

Having this userfunction allowed me to change my targets at multiple points during the waypoint file without having to create a separate file each time I needed a new target group. I will release them here once I'm satisfied that all quests are being completed successfully each time the files are used. I just have to fine tune a couple of quests in the Sabinean Cave area and it should be done.

Celesteria

#29 Post by Celesteria » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:33 am

hello there,

i wrote two wrapper functions to make it easier handling a list of mobs and friends. code based on code version 1.31 from rock5 (or Bill D Cat?) and is used unchanged.

Code: Select all

-- new in version 1.32:
--
-- examples changeOptionFriends ('add', 'player1')
-- -> same as:
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('friend', 'player1', 'add') 
--
-- examples changeOptionFriends ('add', {'player1', 'player2', mobID})
-- -> same as:
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('friend', 'player1', 'add') 
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('friend', 'player2', 'add')
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('friend', mobID, 'add')
--
-- examples changeOptionMobs ('remove', {'mobname', mobID})
-- -> same as:
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('mob', 'mobname', 'remove') 
--		changeOptionFriendMob ('mob', mobID, 'remove')
--
-- examples changeOptionMobs ('list')
-- examples changeOptionFriends ('reset')
--
-- second parameter can be a single name/id or a table of names/ids
hope someone need it ;)
Celesteria
Attachments
userfunction_profilechange.lua
version 1.32
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
I am a botter, but no cheater. So none of my scripts ever use any of the hacks like swimhack, speedhack, wallhack...
I hope you can understand my english. Its not my native language and it has been a long time since I used it the last time :)