Malatina's survival

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Re: Malatina's survival

#341 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

After a week or so testing this with various characters, I can confirm that occasionally one or more of the Guardian Rock Spirits from the trash round will die and still show it's health being at full. When this happens the bot completely freezes up because it is trying to target and attack the already dead mob. Looting the mob manually so that the corpse disappears is the only way to get the bot to resume. This explains why I had so many failures with it running unattended from time to time.

I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to check for this condition. So until the game gets fixed to show the correct health of the dead mobs, I'll just continue to babysit the bot.

rock5

#342 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Probably the easiest way to fix this is to check if the mob is lootable as well as it's hp. Try these.
Attachments
survivalR5.xml
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
survivalR5onload.lua
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#343 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 am

Okay, that did the trick. The bot ignored the three "undead" mobs on this last run through the event. Now if I can just get my mage to quit casting Purgatory three times when it one-shots the mobs. Talk about a mana siphon... :cry:

rock5

#344 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

If the mob still has 100% hp when it dies and doesn't become lootable then it will attack until it fades. I'm not sure how you can avoid it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bill D Cat

#345 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 pm

I would agree if it was the Guardian Rock Spirits, but it is the pods that spawn them. I tried adjusting the yrest() values between casts but it had no effect with the multiple casts problem. Those changes were made on lines 207 and 209 of the survivalR5onload.lua file where I increased them both to yrest(1000). This did slow down my Scout/Mage using Ignite so that I don't burn through quite as much mana initially by casting multiple times on the pods but did not affect Mage primary class using Purgatory.

BlubBlab

#346 Post by BlubBlab » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:11 pm

My final solution was this:

Code: Select all

player:update()
	if player.Battling then
		repeat
			local _enemy = findaggroenemy()
			if _enemy then
				player:target(_enemy);
				player:fight()
				if(_enemy ~= nil)then
					_enemy:updateLootable()
					if( _enemy.Lootable == true)then
						player:loot();					
					end
				end
			end

until _enemy == nil or player.HP < 1 or player.Alive == false
		player:clearTarget();
	end
Basically if the mob still exist after fighting and it is lootable then loot it (you could add maybe and has 100% HP)

EDIT: Okay I did misunderstand something ^^
Last edited by BlubBlab on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

rock5

#347 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:I would agree if it was the Guardian Rock Spirits, but it is the pods that spawn them.
Well they do hang around for a bit before changing. I think I have it checking if the their hp is lower than 5 then it accepts it as dead. Maybe for some reason your dead pods have a higher hp. You could try increasing that value. There are a few places it needs to be changed but the main one is line 214 of survivalR5onload.lua.

if target.Id == 0 or 5 > target.HP or damage == oldHP or aoefound then
Try changing the '5' to something bigger like 10. See if that helps.

Bill D Cat

#348 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:40 am

I tried it with a value of 10 as you suggested, but my mage is still casting two or three Purgatory Fires in rapid succession in front of each set of the pods. I paused the bot part way through the trash clearing stage and ran around casting Purgatory Fire just to confirm that I was killing them with one cast. So there is definitely something going on with the timing between casts and checking the mob health when dealing with instant cast spells with no cooldown.

I'll have to go do some tests out in the wilds with Purgatory Fire as my only skill listed in the profile and see how the bot in general uses it. I'd bet that it won't go into overkill mode when attacking trash mobs with it outside Varanas, but maybe it's just something with my profile that is causing it act strangely.

Edit: Put my mage on a 200 radius wander path outside Varanas and let it run with only Purgatory Fire. Sure enough, it casts it two or three times killing the wild boars and wolves. So it is not the waypoint that is the issue, but rather the bot itself is at fault here.

rock5

#349 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:59 am

I just tried that and it was casting Purg twice. Which is sort of expected if it is casting so fast that it casts the second Purg before the mob dies. But I noticed in the MM window that only 1 Purg is ever cast and they all say "* Failed to cast *". Is that what you see?

rock5

#350 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:29 am

I figured out what it is. I printed a few values as it casts and it seems it has a cooldown of 1. Of course it doesn't have a cooldown, it uses the global cooldown. So, because it didn't see the cooldown, it tries a few times before giving up and saying it failed to cast.

Cooldown in my database says it's set to 0. I had a look and found some code in database.lua that says

if cooldown == 0 then
    cooldown = 1
end
Why it says this I have no idea. It's been like this for a long time. It's never caused a problem because until now cooldown has always only ever equaled a non zero value. But I have this new neat updated skills database that includes these zero values. I could remove the 'cooldown="0"'s in the skills database but I like how neat it is. I'll probably just remove that bit of code above.

So I'm guessing you also are using the updated skills.xml database.

It's probably time I did a commit so you can just wait for that.

BlubBlab

#351 Post by BlubBlab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 am

I will beta test it ^^

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)

rock5

#352 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:41 am

It doesn't need a beta test, it's just a few small changes.

We generally don't do beta testing here for the bot. I did a beta once because it had a HUGE number of changes that I was scared to commit it without testing it first.

rock5

#353 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:04 am

Bill D Cat

#354 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 pm

This update fixed the multiple Purgatory Fire casts. Now I can turn all my mages loose using SurvivalR5.

BlubBlab

#355 Post by BlubBlab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah so far I can see its faster, tested it in Mini-games.
I will test it later in ks too, but I'm using that other stuff with the lib.lua too, on top of that even my old WP_NO_STOP.
So my bot is little bit superhuman^^....really

My Reps:

ichmagbotsyay

#356 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 am

When using this WP with my mage, he never uses purg-fire or thunderstorm, just fireball and flame (when fireball is on CD).
These are my skills in the profile:

<skills_mage>
   <skill name="THUNDERSTORM"				hotkey="MACRO" priority="92" />
   <skill name="PURGATORY_FIRE"			hotkey="MACRO" priority="91" />
   <skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL"          	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
   <skill name="MAGE_FLAME"                hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
</skills_mage>
Do I need to change anything else?

Bill D Cat

#357 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:55 am

ichmagbotsyay wrote:When using this WP with my mage, he never uses purg-fire or thunderstorm, just fireball and flame (when fireball is on CD).

<skills_mage>
</skills_mage>
You need to have the skills listed exactly as in the skills.xml file. In this case you should have MAGE_THUNDERSTORM and MAGE_PURGATORY_FIRE in your profile.

ichmagbotsyay

#358 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:03 am

Bill D Cat wrote:
ichmagbotsyay wrote:When using this WP with my mage, he never uses purg-fire or thunderstorm, just fireball and flame (when fireball is on CD).

<skills_mage>
</skills_mage>
You need to have the skills listed exactly as in the skills.xml file. In this case you should have MAGE_THUNDERSTORM and MAGE_PURGATORY_FIRE in your profile.
Haha, wow, so obvious, I feel like an idiot^^
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hidden

#359 Post by Hidden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am

My game client keep crashing on the dead mob that just doesnt appear to be dead. Even when the mob is unlootable.

Updated MM and running survivalr5 v 2.74
Happens everytime i try it no matter what character

rock5

#360 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:48 am

Sounds like a bug in the game. The fact that the game is crashing seems unlikely due to the bot. What is it printing when it gets stuck? Which mobs does it get stuck on? What version of the bot are you using?