Swim, Speed and wall hacks

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: Swim and Speed hacks

#61 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Have you tried the instructions in my signature ??
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

ctrlaltdelete

#62 Post by ctrlaltdelete » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:23 pm

lisa wrote:
mrkheaven wrote:where do I put the code to make this user function work?
Do I need to add it in a waypoint file or in my profile and how exactly would it look like ?
Thank you for helping me out.
Depends, do you want to fly or do you want to walk faster?
I too would like to know how to turn this on or off, at will.

Would Cheat Engine work?

There's probably a handful of uses that would make this useful.

Swimming would be very useful for instances to get around things.

And Speed would be useful just about everywhere. Even a small % increase won't draw attention.

Speed in a Dungeon may allow you to avoid damage from bosses with a Kite Strategy.

lisa

#63 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 pm

just use the call function I posted on first topic.

You can use it in the onload, in waypoint coords, anywhere you can call a function.

waypoint coord example would be like this

Code: Select all

<!-- # 15 --><waypoint x="3754" z="802"> fly()	</waypoint>
WP onload would be like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onLoad>
speed()
</onLoad>
profile onload would be something like this

<onLoad><![CDATA[
speed()
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after loading the profile
		-- and before the bot starts. e.g. You could overwrite profile settings here
		-- like: changeProfileOption("HP_REST", 60);
	]]></onLoad>
Not sure I can explain it any better then that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#64 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:54 am

When does it do that error?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Jada

#65 Post by Jada » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Rock, it's occuring just as swimhack is activated, bot says swimhack activated then i get a critical error that shuts game down.

rock5

#66 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:03 pm

That would imply you have an outdated swim hack or you're using an older version of the game. Of course it could also be some other code near where the fly() command is.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#67 Post by lisa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 am

Added a WP to first post, it is for when playing manually and using fly or speed with keypresses.

Dieo

#68 Post by Dieo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I keep getting an error when I try to run the swimhack. I have the latest revission of rombot 663 and the latest version of the swimhack 1.4b but I keep getting an error. The error is

userfunction_swimhack.lua:19: attempt to call global 'memoryWriteString' (a nil value) 
what is the problem.

lisa

#69 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 pm

The comment said it was for patch 4.0.3 current patch is 4.0.4.2456 I have just updated the first post to V1.5

Dieo

#70 Post by Dieo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Just updated to 1.5 and still have the same error.
Attachments
error.JPG

jasn

#71 Post by jasn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

what are u trying to do ?

lisa

#72 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Dieo wrote:Just updated to 1.5 and still have the same error.
You need to update Micromacro, there are already a few links posted on the forum, do a search.

Guest1234

#73 Post by Guest1234 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:46 pm

How about putting swimhack, speedhack and all the other user_functions in the SVN repository?

Would save a lot of people from having the wrong versions.

Just sayin'

lisa

#74 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Generally because userfunctions are in fact user functions, may be created by anyone and posted by anyone, although I may be keeping this one up to date that doesn't mean it should be added to default bot, maybe not everyone wants to have these in their botting experience.

Having them as a user function is also a very good way for testing and improving without having to do a new commit constantly. The speed and swim function have both changed conciderably over the last few months.

We do often talk about whether some userfunctions should be added into the default bot, such as the questbyname.

As for keeping up to date, simplest way would be to add the swim address to addresses.lua, it would mean we would have to update it every patch but we do that anyway. So the files can be improved without needing commits to svn.

BillDoorNZ

#75 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:26 pm

That would be an immensely useful enhancement - adding the 'extra' memory addresses to the addresses file - or even creating another addresses file - hackaddresses.lua that contains these would make it a lot easier for those of us who have very limited time (for example: I don't get to read all posts and keep up with them all - so remembering to update the addy for the swimhack doesn't always happen and that's a day of COT gone).

After all, I use the bot cause I'm too lazy to run the mini's myself (personally I hate them, and a lot of the endless grind stuff out there - I only play to muck around with botting and for SW).
Last edited by BillDoorNZ on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guest1234

#76 Post by Guest1234 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback Lisa.

Administrator
Site Admin

#77 Post by Administrator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm

BillDoorNZ wrote:That would be an immensely useful enhancement - adding the 'extra' memory addresses to the addresses file - or even creating another addresses file - hackaddresses.lua that contains these would make it a lot easier for those of us who have very limited time (for example: I don't get to read all posts and keep up with them all - so remembering to update the addy for the swimhack doesn't always happen and that's a day of COT gone).

After all, I use the bot cause I'm too lazy to run the mini's myself (personally I hate them, and a lot of the endless grind stuff out there - I only play to muck around with botting and for SW).
If you just use SVN update, it will merge your changes (ie. the extra addresses) with the changes we make. There shouldn't be any real need for an extra file.

BillDoorNZ

#78 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm

doh!!! of course ;) should have know that myself - used SVN enough - tho am being made to use TFS these days :( I miss SVN :(

Mind you, this doesn't solve the problem of having to then manually update the 'extra' addresses for speed/fly pointers, which is the real benefit of having them in addresses.lua and checked in.

thx Admin

Also, what ever happened to the IPC stuff you were working on? I seem to remember you mentioning something about writing some IPC stuff.

Administrator
Site Admin

#79 Post by Administrator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

BillDoorNZ wrote: Also, what ever happened to the IPC stuff you were working on? I seem to remember you mentioning something about writing some IPC stuff.
Works, but it was awfully buggy. It is pretty difficult to retrofit something like that into the design. But, at least it is something to take into consideration in the future. Quite frankly, I don't see any reason to completely rewrite the bot when what we've got is working well enough.

BillDoorNZ

#80 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm

yep, I hear ya, it works well enough for what people want to do with it.

Its only for more complex scenario's where we want the bot the run in coordination with other bots and allow it to control them etc that you need that sort of thing.

I have my UDP stuff working well enough now to so something like that, but the way I have it working at the moment is purely to allow me to play at work via a windows forms type interface so I dont have the game client on-screen for any tom dick or harry to wander past and see.

The biggest issue I've found with it is the time it takes to read the in-game text using Rock's Chat Monitor stuff. I have it running in another 'thread', looping over most channels returning the latest text and yielding in between. I had to write some code to make it skip the whole loop when the bot was running from one place to another, as it caused the character to take a step forward, stop, take another step, stop etc which was painfully slow and looked completely retarded.

What I ended up doing was creating my own version of waypoints, and serializing all the data to disk, so I have a database of waypoints for various areas that I grind and travel around (along with NPC's, mailboxes, AH's etc). Then, I get the latest co-ordinates sent back regularly and work out which waypoint my character is closest to and can tell the app to plot a path to nearest mailbox, housemaid, ah, bank etc and turn off the monitors, run to the destination and resume them. All works pretty well now but not really setup to run multiple characters etc.

The real beauty of it has been getting the app to draw maps for me and plot my characters progress as it runs along - and in removing the need for transport runes as it knows how to build the code to use transporters and snoops too (along with optimizing for shortest path). Was great fun to write too :)