New Dailies in Xaveria

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
MiesterMan

New Dailies in Xaveria

#1 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 am

Updated: 12/31/2011 9:00 AM PST

These are the notorious new dailies that can be done by lvl 50+ in the new zone, Xaveria.
As it seems these dailies are going to stay the best dailies in the game I've updated this for everyone to use.

They are at the Front Line Camp in Xiveria and are called:
  • Twisted Soul
  • Support the Front Lines: Eliminate the Gargoyles
  • Catch Butterflies
  • Difficult Supply Situation
REQUIRED: QuestByName - http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2184
(Above Userfunction - Very well done)

Waypoint file:
Attachments
Daily_Xaveria-FLCamp.xml
Changed back to RoMScript("Daily_count();"); as I was unable to find a reliable pattern for the offset.
(11.21 KiB) Downloaded 606 times
Last edited by MiesterMan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

rock5

Re: New Dailies in Xaveria

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 am

That's good Experience. I might have to give it a go.

BTW. getQuestStatus can have only 1 of 3 values, "complete", "not accepted" or "incomplete". So instead of saying "if complete or not accepted" you can just say "if not incomplete".

eg.

Code: Select all

if (dailyQuest1 ~= "incomplete") and (dailyQuest2 ~= "incomplete") then
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#3 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:39 pm

rock5 wrote:That's good Experience. I might have to give it a go.

BTW. getQuestStatus can have only 1 of 3 values, "complete", "not accepted" or "incomplete". So instead of saying "if complete or not accepted" you can just say "if not incomplete".

eg.

(One-handed typing experiene here - burnt the other one)

I thought on it but you can have an odd number of quests. If something messes and you don't take one then it has to clear for not accepted. If it passes for incomplete first it won't even check it so it only does that check if you missed getting the quest or have it completed.

(Again, this is a one-handed post, please forgive the typos/messed sentences)

Germangold

#4 Post by Germangold » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:10 pm

266107 EXP for completing one daily quest awesome!

is there any prequest needed to be done? or can I just start right away?

Code will not work for me, because of english Names for Object/Mobs/NPC

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I quested my third class up to 50 and they were there when I hit 50. I had done all the quests up to the area so I'm not really sure. Other than turning in the report after doing the quests in jinnings (sp?) I had a quest to report to "the man" (maybe deputy captain or something) at the front line camp.

Questing in the new zone is no joke, it really levels you fast but you have to have good stats. It's not like the other zones where there is a chance of getting the quests done with poor gear, you'll just die a lot.

RicalEyl

#6 Post by RicalEyl » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the black shadows.. those cause lags to me alot ;)
Something like remove spell effects?

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 pm

MiesterMan wrote:I thought on it but you can have an odd number of quests. If something messes and you don't take one then it has to clear for not accepted. If it passes for incomplete first it won't even check it so it only does that check if you missed getting the quest or have it completed.

I'm not 100% clear what you just said but my point is that this

is exactly the same as this

if ((dailyQuest1 == "complete") or (dailyQuest1 == "not accepted")) and ((dailyQuest2 == "complete") or (dailyQuest2 == "not accepted")) then
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:24 pm

the dailies in Xaveria don't have any prequests to open them up, aslong as you are high enough lvl then you can do them.
I did 55/35 - 60/50 using around 10 resets, the xp is insane compared to old content. I also love the "old bags" to get elite skills, so much easier then what we had to go through to get them previously.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

MiesterMan

#9 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:40 pm

rock5 wrote:
MiesterMan wrote:I thought on it but you can have an odd number of quests. If something messes and you don't take one then it has to clear for not accepted. If it passes for incomplete first it won't even check it so it only does that check if you missed getting the quest or have it completed.

I'm not 100% clear what you just said but my point is that this

is exactly the same as this

if ((dailyQuest1 == "complete") or (dailyQuest1 == "not accepted")) and ((dailyQuest2 == "complete") or (dailyQuest2 == "not accepted")) then
Good point, lol, I didn't see that at all. My logic got complicated.

Edamh

#10 Post by Edamh » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Don't mean to thread-jack since this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know of a site that lists the new daily quests? I've been using http://www.theromwiki.com/Daily_Quest_List, but that list does not have all the new daily quests. Thanks.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:35 pm

MiesterMan

#12 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 am

Ah, I thought I should add, why did I choose these quests as opposed to the other two?

It's easy enough to mod the script to accept the other two but that NPC and the monsters being hunted are constantly in demand. Much like the puppets from last chapter and Bymorsh before that. Simply speaking, every single channel is filled with people farming them and killing anyone that interferes.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 am

Even though dog meat daily is 266k per hand in for 10 meat, I have found only 9 actual dogs that drop the meat. Respawn rate is nice and fast but the fact there is literally 3 spots on the map to farm the items means a max of 3 people can d it at any time. Any time I have been there on my server there is always people farming them.

I find myself doing the dailys that get 155k per hand in and I farm them quite easily. 1 mil less xp per day but it takes me less then half the time to do the dailys. Since I have several characters 60+ the less time I spend doing dailys the better.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

phxcityslick

#14 Post by phxcityslick » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:53 pm

would love to know if someone was selling them on my server... I saw someone botting it last night he was only hitting the first 3 dogs

MiesterMan

#15 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Updated to include, as you go, version of Catch Butterflies.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm

MiesterMan wrote:Updated to include, as you go, version of Catch Butterflies.
I was thinking something like this would be a goog idea but why don't you also do dog meat as you go?

MiesterMan

#17 Post by MiesterMan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:36 am

Because the path avoids the dogs most of the time. I suppose it won't make that much difference to include it so I'll work it in with the next update.

The real problem right now is that the...

settings.profile.friends = {"Ogest"};
... isn't working.

This is the fourth time in a few days I've had to take one of my characters and stick him in the guild castle to get rid of debt from the random occurence of Ogest which for some reason they don't avoid.

I don't know if there's something wierd about his name but this is really trying.

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 am

table.insert(settings.profile.friends, "Ogest");

I used to use this function a long time ago to add and remove names from the "mobs" options, I just adapted it to friends. Have a play with it if you want.
It's very basic but works =)

function changeProfileNames(_type,_first,_second)

--examples	changeOptionNames("mobs","Wolf Cub","Young Bear")
-- 		changeOptionNames("friends","Ogest","")
--		changeOptionNames("mobs","Wolf Cub")
--		changeOptionNames("friends") -- removes all names from friends

if _type == "mob" then _type = "mobs" end
if _type == "friend" then _type = "friends" end
if _type ~= "mobs" and _type ~= "friends" then 
printf("Please specify either friend or mob in the first argument.\n")
end

if( _first ) then name = trim(_first); 
	end;
	if( _second ) then name = trim(_second); 
	end;
if _type == "mobs" then
	if _first ~= "" and _second ~= "" then 
		table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, _first);
		table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, _second);
	end

if _first ~= "" and _second == "" then table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, _first);
		end

if _first == "" then table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "");
		end
end
if _type == "friends" then
	if _first ~= "" and _second ~= "" then 
		table.insert(settings.profile.friends, _first);
		table.insert(settings.profile.friends, _second);
	end

if _first ~= "" and _second == "" then table.insert(settings.profile.friends, _first);
		end

if _first == "" then table.insert(settings.profile.friends, "");
		end
end

end

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 am

The "friends" option isn't used if you are using the "mobs" option. The bot already wont attack Ogest because he's not on the mobs list. Probably what's happening is Ogest is attacking and the character is fighting back. Short of changing to "TRAVEL" mode, I don't think there's anyway to stop it fighting back.

MiesterMan

#20 Post by MiesterMan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 am

I thought friends was a seperate kind of check where it simply won't fight back. But your idea will likely work so I'll go with setting the waypoints around him to travel. I just hope it's far enough to avoid the addtional deaths.

Edit: Oh and lisa, thanks for the tip! That adds to the list right? I didn't know we had that option, I'll remember that. :D