Bot Questions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kabubu

Bot Questions

#1 Post by kabubu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 am

are there scripts like you use one skill every like 10 minutes, or everytime its not buffed on you, because some classes have 10minute buffs etc.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Bot Questions

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 am

Just add them to your profile like you would every other skill. I'm not sure why everyone always asks this.

kabubu

#3 Post by kabubu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 pm

i guess becoz some people have experienced other bots on other games , where if you put a script of a skills w/o the condition of it only being casted every 10minutes or if your character is missing the buff, the bot just spams the skill and the bot is pretty much stuck. sorry for the question and thanks for the help. much abliged sir :)

j_schlott

#4 Post by j_schlott » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 pm

i think i asked a similar question before, i found a lot of times the bot wasnt buffing me

the game lagging/packetloss and it getting a cooldown error or something like that, then the bot not casting it again for 10mins or whatever the cooldown is

what i do is give the bot a new skill in the skills.lua, make the cooldown 10secs, use out of combat. make that skill use actionslot 9, in my action slot 9 i have a ingame macro with a custom function that checksbuff, if i am buffed it wont do anything, if im not buffed it will buff up

one problem with this method is it wont work for buffs that arent instantcast as the bot doesnt know to stop and wait

i think there should be a new section to the skills list, for buffs only. implement a player buff check into it so itll buff you whenever the buffs wear off, and not just whatever the cooldown is set to

kabubu

#5 Post by kabubu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:28 pm

im still having problems , im able to use the skill wave armor on the priest but he just keeps on spamming it whenever he can , it consumes a whole lot of mana around 15-20% of the priest pool, isnt there a script that makes you use a certain skill like every minute or so only?

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

kabubu wrote:im still having problems , im able to use the skill wave armor on the priest but he just keeps on spamming it whenever he can , it consumes a whole lot of mana around 15-20% of the priest pool, isnt there a script that makes you use a certain skill like every minute or so only?
Provide a copy of your profile and a screenshot of your action bar in-game.

d003232

#7 Post by d003232 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:59 pm

j_schlott wrote:what i do is give the bot a new skill in the skills.lua, make the cooldown 10secs, use out of combat. make that skill use actionslot 9, in my action slot 9 i have a ingame macro with a custom function that checksbuff, if i am buffed it wont do anything, if im not buffed it will buff up

one problem with this method is it wont work for buffs that arent instantcast as the bot doesnt know to stop and wait
You could set a "casting time" for your new skill. Then the bot would stop running for casting it.

It is also possible to override the default cooldown for every skill in your profile (e.g. if you want to recast you every 10 minutes set it to 600). See the wiki for more.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!