READ FOR COMMUNITY

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Sasuke

READ FOR COMMUNITY

#1 Post by Sasuke » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 am

I am writing this post to say a few words to this community, unfortunately the support from the admin will be very poor as they are busy and far from a game that has already passed. I know for sure that some help will come and I would like to incite you, who still plays and is a minimum able to use the program and to solve the problems inherent in it, to participate more strongly with help and answers in possible future posts, I am present and will give my help for what little I know, I hope you will do the same and finish reading i just post without trying to solve the problems that affect everyone. thanks

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: READ FOR COMMUNITY

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 pm

To extend upon what Nuk has posted, I will likely be very busy for at least the next week. I will try to find some time to reverse engineer the game again in order to patch up the addresses, but if anyone else is able to pitch in, however small, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sasuke

#3 Post by Sasuke » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:18 pm

I found some addresses but I can't really understand what to look at or not. I need an initial guide, then once I understand I can go it alone and give you a hand. Let's hear in private so you can explain me better.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:14 pm

It's not really something where there's just a short little guide. Different addresses and offsets require different methods and such. The very most basic starting point would be this though:
https://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =12&t=6345

Honestly, it's been so long I don't even remember how we went about finding them 10+ years ago. Some of them, I don't remember what they even do. It'll probably take me a full day to get everything reversed and functional in the bot, but with as much as I'm working I don't really have the time to put towards it.

Axman

#5 Post by Axman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:12 pm

I use translate, my english is not very good :P
Greetings to all.
I think so far I have everything clear to find addresses and copy them into addresses.lua, I still don't understand how to look for the pointer or how to point and that those addresses are saved or updated in the bot.

Sasuke

#6 Post by Sasuke » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:07 pm

the problem is it....we can find addresses but don't make them change the program

cowbot7

#7 Post by cowbot7 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:33 pm

We now have another update from ROM as of (12/18/2019) and it looks like more problems now other than the can't find addresses.
Unable to find "actionBarPtr" in module. Even tho they still are in the macros list :(

Buh

#8 Post by Buh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Is it correct, that changing the addresses to the correct addresses fixes the problems?
And is it necessary to change all addresses?

Sasuke

#9 Post by Sasuke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:13 am

i'm investigTE ABOUT IT,MANY PPL SEND MESSAGE TO LISA AND ROCK.SO GO TO TOGETHER AND WE WILL SEE IF THEY ANSWER TO COMMUNITY.COME ON GUYS

Sasuke

#10 Post by Sasuke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:04 am

i think it's only way for have rock's return here...donation....
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 259#p51259

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm making a bit of progress trying to find all the addresses and offsets. Here's what I've got so far. If anyone has anything to contribute, please let me know.
Attachments
rom.CT
(12.36 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

Sasuke

#12 Post by Sasuke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:07 pm

how can I keep the files when I start the bot since he reciprocates them?
and also i don't understand nothing about this file and codex.......i don't know how to find it,,i seen lisa's example for find money and a bit more but i don't understand how to work.sorry
Last edited by Sasuke on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Right now, you can't. That's what I'm investigating.

So much of the game has changed that it's going to take a long time to fully track down all of the new addresses and offsets. The address bar appears to have a long pointer chain, so it's down to either spending many hours investigating thousands of potential paths, or brute forcing it; either way, it's going to take time to complete.

Health and mana have something funky going on with them. I'm not sure if they are trying to encrypt or obfuscate them (probably something dumb like a simple XOR), but either way they are doing something to hide their true values. I'm not too concerned; this just isn't my top priority right now.

Much of the bot revolves around gathering information on the player and the player's target, so that's where I've been focusing my attention thus far. As you can see in the table I've shared, I've got stable access to the player and the target structs. I still have to do a lot more information gathering before it comes time to update the bot to accept the new information.

Anyone that wants to help can simply do their own address searches. Even if you don't get the pointer chain, information about how you found an address, or its offsets, is useful and will save me time. In example, if you had found the X,Y,Z position offsets for pawns, then simply giving me the steps you took to find them is helpful, as is noting that X is at pawn+28, Y is at pawn+2C, and Z is at pawn+30. I've already got the position stuff down so that was just an example.

I only have a level 1 character so some stuff is kind of annoying for me to find. If anyone is able to find the class 1, class 2, mounted status, currency, etc.. those would help me.

Sasuke

#14 Post by Sasuke » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:36 pm

i don't understand nothing .you need to learn me step by step for find it and how.....if you want we can speak in private chat or with skype or discord or something.i can help you a lot if you know me how to work.5 mins agaist an hours for you:)think on it:)

Rivva

#15 Post by Rivva » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:05 pm

if you think about expaining it to nuk please invite me as well so that we could work together to solve that problem
regards, Rivva

Rivva

#16 Post by Rivva » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:44 am

I tried to search...
Attachments
ROM.CT
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Administrator
Site Admin

#17 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks, Rivva! That actually is helpful. I see a few new entries in that list that I don't yet have. I'll see what info I can learn from that soon enough and compile a list of everything I've got soon enough.
Last night I was poking around with the exp table and about to begin with camera vector stuff before I had to call it for the night but those are coming soon enough. Once we've got everything needed, I'll begin making updates to the address table and then to the update script.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get to continuing work on it today but you can rest assured that progress is being made. Slowly but surely.

Administrator
Site Admin

#18 Post by Administrator » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 am

I could use some information from you guys. It looks like HP and MP have been changed into an 8-byte floating point type that MicroMacro will not be able to understand, so I've got to hack together a conversion formula. I've got it mostly there but there is one piece that I'm not entirely sure what it does. That's where you guys come in.

Open Cheat Engine, attach to the game, and add this address manually: Client.exe+60099c + 5a8 + 2D0 8 bytes. It should look like this:
hp.png
hp.png (6.76 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
Right-click the address and select "Show has hexidecimal" (optional, but helpful to me), then copy and paste that value along with your HP here.

Why is this useful? Well, I'm just trying to understand the usage of the 5th byte; it's always 0x40 in my tests and either does absolutely nothing when changed, or flips it into a huge negative value. In order to better understand what it is used for, I'm going to need some more information to base it off of.

Andre235

#19 Post by Andre235 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Player HP: 116071
Value: 40FC567000000000
Player HP.png
I could give you some other Values from other Char (from the same Computer)

Administrator
Site Admin

#20 Post by Administrator » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Awesome. Thanks Andre. The more data I have to go by, the better. I don't think I'll have a chance to finish analyzing it all today on account of holiday crap (aren't I the festive one?) but it should be done soon.