rom bot Runes of magic

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Lastochka

Re: rom bot Runes of msgic

#21 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:36 am

Bill D Cat wrote:
Lastochka wrote:version of the client 6.2.0.91 ru
I'm wondering if this is the problem. That's a much older version of the game client, so my guess is you are running on a private server somewhere. It may or may not officially be supported by the bot due to possible alterations by the site running the server. Unfortunately, Rock5 hasn't been around for a while, and he's the one person who could tell you for sure what the issue is.

Right now, it looks like the bot to client interface isn't working the way it should, and so you get these error messages. I've given you all the updated files that I have, and it is still not functioning properly for you. If running "rom/update" in MicroMacro doesn't fix the problem, then I don't know if I can be of any more assistance.
and you don't know a case what version can approach this client?
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png

Bill D Cat

Re: rom bot Runes of magic

#22 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:54 am

MicroMacro is just the LUA interpreter that runs the bot. You should be using MicroMacro 1.04.174 with the latest RoMBot version 3.29 revision 787, which is what I posted in the archive for you.

The other versions of MicroMacro are updates that Administrator has made to it in order to run other software available on other sections of this website. RoMBot requires version 1.04.174 in order to operate properly.

Lastochka

#23 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:18 am

Bill D Cat wrote:MicroMacro is just the LUA interpreter that runs the bot. You should be using MicroMacro 1.04.174 with the latest RoMBot version 3.29 revision 787, which is what I posted in the archive for you.

The other versions of MicroMacro are updates that Administrator has made to it in order to run other software available on other sections of this website. RoMBot requires version 1.04.174 in order to operate properly.
If I use RomBot revision 787, then there is a mistake with an incorrect argument of char. If I use 784, downloaded from this website, then there is a mistake with macroes
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Bill D Cat

#24 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:40 am

Both have to do with the bot trying to read a value from the memory used by the game client. For some reason the bot is unable to get a value that it expects when executing the command. I'm unsure at this point as to what other options I can suggest you try. What happens when you just try to start the bot itself, and not the createpath program? Just use "rom/bot" and see what it does.

Lastochka

#25 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:Both have to do with the bot trying to read a value from the memory used by the game client. For some reason the bot is unable to get a value that it expects when executing the command. I'm unsure at this point as to what other options I can suggest you try. What happens when you just try to start the bot itself, and not the createpath program? Just use "rom/bot" and see what it does.
Here what turns out
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png

Lastochka

#26 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Lastochka wrote:
Bill D Cat wrote:Both have to do with the bot trying to read a value from the memory used by the game client. For some reason the bot is unable to get a value that it expects when executing the command. I'm unsure at this point as to what other options I can suggest you try. What happens when you just try to start the bot itself, and not the createpath program? Just use "rom/bot" and see what it does.
a 784 here that

in a game the macro is started
Attachments
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (19.66 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Screenshot_5.png

Bill D Cat

#27 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:44 pm

It's getting better. At least the macro test is working correctly now. The error with 787 may have to do with the bot looking for a memory location that was added in a later version of the game client. They converted a lot of the currencies like EOJ, Momentos, and such from items stored in your bag to items stored on the character panel. If the game client you are trying to use didn't convert these currencies yet, then that might explain the error. Either way, it seems like the older client is what is causing issues with the newer version of the bot.

I don't have version 784 anymore to see what the exact line the error is occurring on. But if it is close to version 787, then it looks like it is having an issue scanning memory for ItemType names.

Lastochka

#28 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:It's getting better. At least the macro test is working correctly now. The error with 787 may have to do with the bot looking for a memory location that was added in a later version of the game client. They converted a lot of the currencies like EOJ, Momentos, and such from items stored in your bag to items stored on the character panel. If the game client you are trying to use didn't convert these currencies yet, then that might explain the error. Either way, it seems like the older client is what is causing issues with the newer version of the bot.

I don't have version 784 anymore to see what the exact line the error is occurring on. But if it is close to version 787, then it looks like it is having an issue scanning memory for ItemType names.
I approximately have understood what you try to explain to me, but how to me to solve this problem? ((and with what version it is better to work?

Bill D Cat

#29 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:51 pm

It looks like the currency code was added to the bot in revision 758. So I'd suggest you start with a version a little before that and see if it works. Then you can update one version at a time until it no longer works correctly. That should at least let you run an older bot on the older client.

Lastochka

#30 Post by Lastochka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:It looks like the currency code was added to the bot in revision 758. So I'd suggest you start with a version a little before that and see if it works. Then you can update one version at a time until it no longer works correctly. That should at least let you run an older bot on the older client.
excuse of course, I probably have bothered you already... and how to update the bot on edition, but not to the latest version at once? and where it is possible to find older versions?

Bill D Cat

#31 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:21 am

I thought that the older versions would be archived on GitHub, but I could not find anything beyond two revisions back. I'm not sure I can help anymore, since I'm not all that familiar with the actual bot code beyond what I've already helped Rock5 work on. I don't think I could disable the currency check at startup without it effecting some other portion of the bot. So unless Rock5 shows up again to help out, I don't think it will be possible for you to use the bot on your current server due to the difference in versions.

kenzu38

#32 Post by kenzu38 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 am

Actually, you can download older versions from github, the links are just not obvious.

Anyway, @Lastochka, I suggest you just install TortoiseSVN. It's much faster if you end up having to try a lot of versions.

If you are running a version without an item shop bank, then according to the logs I read using Tortoise, since is banks support was added in rev754, you will probably need rev753 or lower.

There are multiple methods to download old versions using Tortoise but in the tutorial pics below, I used Export option. You can also use Checkout and (I think) Revert.

So once Tortoise is installed, you just right-click any part of your file browser window and click Export like the image below.
UsingTSVN1.jpg
Then just fill out the circled parts like the image below.
UsingTSVN2.jpg
And it should download the version you specified into the folder you specified.