RoM-Bot Only Wanders

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
mgmgtech

RoM-Bot Only Wanders

#1 Post by mgmgtech » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Ive followed the setup instructions and everything is running properly,
except I have no options to run waypoints. Ive recorded a waypoint file but theres no option to load it
ive even tried to force it using the following command
Rom\bot PATH:<filename.xml> without the <>'s
and it stil immediately asks for wander radius.
is there something ive missed in my profile XML that needs to be toggled.
Ive had the options appear before, but that was when I was having problems getting the bot to load.
once i found a version where i wasnt getting a bolean compare error the options dissapeared.
Please help me out. Id love to be able to run the quest WPs and even record my own. I am computer savvy but im unfamiliar with MM.
Last bot i ever used was a fishing and grinding bot for FF Vanadiel using AutoIT and Pixel Recognition..

I suppose if this is all I can do with the bot its fine. I fell asleep at lvl 9 and woke up dead at lvl 15...
Running my second class now.

Running MM 1.05
Rom bot from
github SolarStrike-Software/rom-bot/trunk
and the latest client for RoM

Let me know what other information I can provide for help!

MgmGTech
Last edited by mgmgtech on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

beanybabe

Re: RoM-Bot Only Wanders

#2 Post by beanybabe » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:17 am

\micromacro\scripts\rom\waypoints
this is the default way
\micromacro\scripts\rom-bot\waypoints

This is the folder path for waypoints. I rename the rom-bot to just rom it makes it easier to start the bot in console by typing rom/bot
your waypoint.xml needs be in that folder.

make sure the waypoint ends in xml if you edit with a text editor it may change it to waypoint.xml.txt

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 am

I have the following section in each of my character profiles for the bot. One of the settings is for the wander radius. Add/Edit this and the bot should stop asking.

Code: Select all

<!-- Waypoint and movement settings -->
<option name="WAYPOINTS"                        value="" />               <!-- leave empty to show a list -->
<option name="RETURNPATH"                       value="" />
<option name="PATH_TYPE"                        value="waypoints" />      <!-- waypoints | wander -->
<option name="WANDER_RADIUS"                    value="500" />
<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"               value="5" />
<option name="WAYPOINT_PASS"                    value="0" />
<option name="QUICK_TURN"                       value="true" />

mgmgtech

#4 Post by mgmgtech » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 am

Thanks for the replies!
**SOLVED** didnt notice the wander/waypoint value >< im a dumby..
btw BILL D CAT.. you are the bomb man. im using your starting game waypoints and they are the shit man... awesome job wow
i hope to find waypoints like this forever :)

Im not sure if I worded my problem correctly.
I dont want it wander whenever I run the script.
I know there are some options to do the pioneers quests and some demo waypoints
and like i said even forcing it with the PATH: suffix doesnt do anything.
any yes my waypoint file is in the proper subdirectory because if it wasnt id get an error, plus ive seeded it into the rom-bot root directory as well as profiles and waypoints
Like i said, before I had it properly working, other builds including this one would show 3 columns of options 0-14(around that) 0 - Wander 1 - Resume 2 - PioneerL1-10 3 - PioneerQL1-10
thats from memory and may be incorrect but close enough for my point. Also How do I go about using a custom waypoint from the forums?

Bill D Cat
here is a copy from LLelywynn.xml of what looks similar to what you posted
could it be my value and name syntax is reversed?

<option value="" name="WAYPOINTS"/>
<!-- leave empty to show a list -->
<option value="" name="RETURNPATH"/>
<option value="wander" name="PATH_TYPE"/>
<!-- waypoints | wander -->
<option value="500" name="WANDER_RADIUS"/>
<option value="20" name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"/>
<option value="true" name="QUICK_TURN"/>
is there a way to force a waypoint path via the character xml profile.
*edit* <option value="" name="WAYPOINTS"/> could I put the waypoint file i wanted to use as the value?

I am also encountering another problem. I left my bot running all night and when i returned I hadnt gotten but 5 bars of XP against mobs 5-6Lvl below mine and so I watched it and it was just ignoring most mobs and every so often it would randomly attack, but there was no pattern, nor did the level matter. Also the MM window didnt show anything about the ignore list function like ive seen it do.
I havent run it today because I was busy and my pc was down because I was testing the water cooling loop on my video card.

Thanks again for the responses. Nice to see this forum is still active.
Also, if anyone is interested, I have a virus free working copy of ROMeo.
The SSR(Show Stealth Rogue) SwimHack, WallClimb, Godsight, DuelHack and NoFall are all working.
The movement speed and Sprint functions do not seem to work at all.
However the Teleport hack does move the character but your immediately rubber banded back.
Though I have gotten an Increase in jump height by using Upwards Forwards and Jump at the same time.
as far as detection/ban is concerned, I actively played using SSR,GS,WC,and NF for about 3 hours and then started the bot after disabling everything but i accidentally reactivated GodSight and didnt close ROMeo and it ran for another 8 hours without a problem.
I guess they cant, wont, or dont care about detecting it.
Ill be happy to post a personally hosted link if anyone wants it.

Another question I wanted to add. Is there a working dupe hack, because with just a wander bot, im not making shit for gold. I know the dupes have got to still be working because I saw a lvl 12 player with gear that had like 10 extra stats on it and they were all X level.
Ive heard of the Mailbox disconnect hack and im going to try it.
I have no intention to sell duping services for Gold or Cash, nor do I wish to ruin the economy by flooding the market. Id be happy just making enough stuff for my character.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone plays the US-GFL servers, id love some friends...(I have been playing MMORPGs since before the term was coined. I was one of the first 100 alpha testers for Ultima Online, waay back in 1992-93 as well as alpha testing WoW and ran a Raid Guild with a couple of World Firsts in Molten Core. and was a Founder/Alpha Tester for Richard Garriets(Ultima series creators) newest MMORPG Shroud of the Avatar)

Lastly, Shameless plug, Im rebuilding my Custom PC Business and im offering Custom rigs at Cost + 50%. I can do custom fabrication and currently im in negotiations between Razer and ASUS-ROG for a hardcore Forcefeedback computer chair I designed to market towards gamers who cant afford the pneumatically actuated cockpits but dont want the shitty walmart gamer chairs with crap speakers. My seat uses a Sparco Racing Seat thats been gutted and I mount a series of Bass Drivers of different diameters as well as an amp and Bluetooth receiver and it converts the LFE(low frequency emissions) to tactile responses in the chair. Its great for FPS and Race/Flight Sims.

Sorry for the massive post.

MGMGTech
Last edited by mgmgtech on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:04 pm

If the bot seems to be ignoring mobs that are lower in level, you may want to check these settings. I changed the default level below to the current level cap on the official servers. This will let any level character run a waypoint file in a lower level zone without issue.

And thanks for your compliments on my starting zone waypoint files. I'm currently working on the full (or as close to it as possible) zone for Silverspring (Varanas) right now.

<!-- Attack monsters 3 levels above or 97 below your level -->
<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE"	value="3" />
<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW"	value="97" />
Using custom waypoint files from the forum are just a matter of copying them to your rom/waypoints/ directory (and optional subdirectory if you want to further categorize them). The list you get when you start the bot should present you with all the available directories and waypoint files that you can run.

I don't think the order of the entries in the XML file mater, so having them reversed from what I posted is just fine. The XML parser handles putting everything in its proper place.

RoMeo was good, but I think most of us have moved on to Rock5's Multihack which is available here on the forums. It basically does the same thing, and you can see the code. Best part is, it can auto-update itself when a new patch to the game is released.

As far as duping goes: There are some on the forum here who know how to do it. We just ask that any discussions of the methods aren't discussed in the open. A simple Google search could bring them up and allow it to be officially discovered and patched. I personally don't do any duping, and just use the bot as an exercise in logic and pseudo AI programming. I just run my starter zone files, and Rock5's Old Bags waypoint when I need to collect my elite skill certs.
mgmgtech wrote:is there a way to force a waypoint path via the character xml profile.
*edit* <option value="" name="WAYPOINTS"/> could I put the waypoint file i wanted to use as the value?
Yep, that is exactly what it is designed to do. Put the waypoint file name there without the rom/waypoints/ part of the path or the .xml extension. At least that's how I think it works. I always leave it blank and pick from the list the bot presents at startup.

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT post your character names on the forum. You will get banned in the game pretty quickly that way.

Bill D Cat

#6 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:00 am

mgmgtech wrote:Im not sure if I worded my problem correctly.
I dont want it wander whenever I run the script.

<option value=""         name="WAYPOINTS"/>  <!-- leave empty to show a list -->
<option value=""         name="RETURNPATH"/>
<option value="wander"   name="PATH_TYPE"/>  <!-- waypoints | wander -->
<option value="500"      name="WANDER_RADIUS"/>
<option value="20"       name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION"/>
<option value="true"     name="QUICK_TURN"/>
It's the third option in the settings you posted that is forcing the bot into Wander mode. If you change the PATH_TYPE to be "waypoints" then it will default to the list of waypoints when you start the bot. You can always select the Wander option from the menu if you wish to actually use it.

kenzu38

#7 Post by kenzu38 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:13 am

Seems like you edited your post and deleted your char's name, but...
mgmgtech wrote: Bill D Cat
here is a copy from (bleeped).xml of what looks similar to what you posted
could it be my value and name syntax is reversed?
I'm guessing the part I bleeped is your character's name and you forgot to delete it?
mgmgtech wrote:If anyone plays the US-GFL servers, id love some friends...(I have been playing MMORPGs since before the term was coined. I was one of the first 100 alpha testers for Ultima Online, waay back in 1992-93 as well as alpha testing WoW and ran a Raid Guild with a couple of World Firsts in Molten Core. and was a Founder/Alpha Tester for Richard Garriets(Ultima series creators) newest MMORPG Shroud of the Avatar)
I suggest to be very discreet about your botting and not have a friend who knows you do. So it's better to just find and make friends in game. It's easy anyway. I bet you can just use zone chat in Varanas to look for a guild and you'd be receiving invites easily.

#8 Post by Newbie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:17 am

About Duping, GM'S can check all your stuffs and if they see, how you "amazing gold farm" work they can ban you for month or more.

Better don't use Duping. For free you can't find good dupe hack - much didn't work, or work very bad (my friend used, and nothing work).

Now about romeo's hack...

Rome'os is abandon multihack, you can find only old versions without upgrade, much hacks didn't work, or work very bad - new game client etc, change with adresses.

Now people hacking but i still don't know. I'm just interesting how they use rombot to (for example) attack player with 5-8 SKILLS IN SAME TIME! I had situations like this.
Rogue just jump into me and i die. I saw fight diary , throw, double throw and 3 skills from combo... all in one jump. Throw cast in 0.1 s ....
Rombot or micromacro, i'm not sure because i don't know how set this to fight. I just interesting how they can used this to PVP and used it against them because i don't like hackers.

And last one - they are sometimes immune, some have evasions, absorption and you can't attack them with any stuns and sometimes skills (i attacked once warlock - immune, evasions, absorptions, can't put any stuns, silence and he didn't have any food or bubble - i mean 15s immortal from herold)

If you want hacking - delete rome'os, and copy just they ways. GM's can't ban you because for what? For used 3 skills in same time? Or sometimes you have absorption? You just lucky...

I can't help you about it - i for now searching what they do, and how they do.