Arcanium arena

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Miworax

Arcanium arena

#1 Post by Miworax » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Does someone have a simple script ?

( Enter arcanium arena + wait for message to enter the arena + enter arena + wait until arena ends.... and the same thing again)

or can help me to write this ?

Thanks

kenzu38

Re: Arcanium arena

#2 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:49 am

Seems like the script you need is a simple one. I can provide the base codes right now but you'll have to get the coords yourself for the waypoint. And you'll have to get the messages the system posts when the arena opens.

Now I don't know exactly what kind of message you should be monitoring but I think it's only either the Warning or System Message.

Here's some codes you can try:

1.) for getLastWarning

Code: Select all

<waypoint 1 outside the arena>
repeat
yrest(5000)
until getLastWarning("Arena opens message (edit this with the correct message)", 10)
</waypoint>

<waypoint 2 inside the arena>
__WPL:setDirection(WPT_BACKWARD) -- you only need this line if you have more than 2 waypoints
repeat
yrest(5000)
until getLastWarning("Arena ends message (edit this with the correct message)", 10)
</waypoint>
2.) If it's a System Message, it will be a bit trickier

Code: Select all

<onLoad>
EventMonitorStart("Sysmsg", "SYSTEM_MESSAGE")

function playerCan(arg)
local arenaopens = "Arena opens message (edit this with the correct message)"
local arenaends = "Arena ends message (edit this with the correct message)"
local time, _, msg = EventMonitorCheck("Sysmsg", "1")
if (arg == "enter" and msg and msg:find(arenaopens)) or  (arg == "leave" and msg and msg:find(arenaends)) then
return true
end
return false
end
</onLoad>

<waypoint 1 outside the arena>
repeat
yrest(5000)
until playerCan("enter")
</waypoint>

<waypoint 2 inside the arena>
__WPL:setDirection(WPT_BACKWARD) -- you only need this line if you have more than 2 waypoints
repeat
yrest(5000)
until playerCan("leave")
</waypoint>

noobbotter

#3 Post by noobbotter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:54 am

That looks like the code for waiting for the "ok to enter" button. How would you click the battle interface, select arcanium arena, and click signup? Anyone know that part?

kenzu38

#4 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 pm

I see. Never entered the arena before, so I didn't know how it worked. So by what you're saying, I presume you will have to queue first to enter it.

Ok, I'll have a look at it. It should be easy enough to make a function for it. I'll just post it in the userfunctions section when it's done.

EDIT: Ok, I've posted the userfunction. I've also written a simple waypoint while testing it. I'm gonna post it here. You get either 20 or 50 badges.
Attachments
ArcaniumSpam.xml
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Miworax

#5 Post by Miworax » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:32 pm

This error pops if i try to load the wp file :/

is there something else that i need or can somebody help me ?
2015-11-11 18:29:59 - [string "..."]:35: attempt to call global 'joinBG' (a nil
value)

noobbotter

#6 Post by noobbotter » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Miworax,

Take a look at the posts in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6213

It has a userfunction, describes some additions to make to a couple other files, and then has a waypoint to automate it.

noobbotter

#7 Post by noobbotter » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I was using EventMonitor to try to monitor for the message for how many badges were won during the round, and I found in the Language Viewer that that particular message uses a variable which does not translate using the getText method. So the Constant String is BG_AA_GETTROPHY and the text inside it is "After completing the Arcanium Arena \nyou get [$VAR1] [SC_DUELIST_REWARD|Badges of the Warrior]." How would I monitor for this text and retrieve the $VAR1 info out of it?

Not really needed because I just use getCurrency before and after the event to get the amount earned, but at this point, it's just for curiosity... is there a way to get that info from the getText command?

hackfleisch

#8 Post by hackfleisch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 am

since patch 7.0.0 the arena but indeed enter not leave and re- enter with this script .
Before it ran flawlessly .
there is no error message in MM , the script will simply stand.

Please help and sorry for Goggle translate .

kenzu38

#9 Post by kenzu38 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:57 am

I was going to lead you to a post I made earlier about possible solutions to hanging problems thinking it's probably an isolated case, but when I was looking for that post in the userfunctions section, there's also a post there about hanging after a new patch.

So I went to US forums to check out the patch. It seems they fixed a bug regarding cenedrils? I have no idea why it would affect the WP. I'll try to check it out but if it doesn't hang for me, then I won't be able to identify the cause of the hang.

If I can reproduce it though and can identify the cause of the hangs and come up with a solution, then I'll post it in the waypoint's thread.

EDIT: Solution posted here.