Yellow Message in center screen

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
noobbotter

Yellow Message in center screen

#1 Post by noobbotter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 pm

What kind of message is it that you need to monitor for large yellow text in the center of you screen, which does not appear in the chat window? Is that SYSTEM_MESSAGE?

lisa

Re: Yellow Message in center screen

#2 Post by lisa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Rock posted an addon to help with messages, you define the text you are looking for and when the game sees the text it prints in game the info you need for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:35 am

I think the answer to the question is, a yellow message is usually an ALERT_MESSAGE and an orange one is a WARNING_MESSAGE. Although sometimes a message will include color code information so the color can be misleading, eg. the public event message is a WARNING_MESSAGE but it comes up yellow because the string include the yellow color code something like "|cffffff80Regional event now restarting!|r".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#4 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:05 am

Like I said in this post, they're warning messages so you use getLastWarning to monitor them. Like rock said though, they can also be alerts, in which case you use getLastAlert.

noobbotter

#5 Post by noobbotter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Well, I tried both getLastWarning and getLastAlert and it didn't work. In all the other areas I can find that deal with this, like on the EoJ post, there's always a message that shows up in the chat box as well as the center of the screen. On this particular one (Kobolds in a barrel event on Varanas Bridge), when you click a barrel, nothing shows up in the chat window... only in the center of the screen.

Maybe someone else can do a short quick test on how to detect those messages? The messages you will see include:

"Please report the quest to Lobt Kayen." (when the event is over with)
"It seems like there is something inside the barrel."
"There seem to be kobolds nearby."
and
"It doesn't look like there are any kobolds around."

kenzu38

#6 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Hmm, yea I forgot there were SYSTEM_MESSAGE events too.

Well anyway, tried it together with WARNING_MESSAGE, it seems like all of them are in SYSTEM_MESSAGE. You just have to use EventMonitor for them.

noobbotter

#7 Post by noobbotter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks Kenzu. between you and Lisa providing help, I got it working.

kenzu38

#8 Post by kenzu38 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 pm

No Prob. And grats on completing the Wp, heh.