Micromacro Installation/Run Issue

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Newb69

Micromacro Installation/Run Issue

#1 Post by Newb69 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 am

It's been years since I've used Micromacro and Rombot and i'm currently trying to reinstall and setup on a new pc but I seem to be having issues... Since I saw Rombot is having issues with the newer versions of Micromacro I download:

2014-12-14 21:44:44 stable micromacro.1.04.174.beta.zip 1.04 801kb a89c0e13d5c09d7bc49b318cce1938d852c778a4

then I have Rombot downloaded:

2014-12-26 17:54:37 stable rombot.3.29.r788.zip 3.29 255kb 661a85e9c578927ae59fea203788657b96d31567

I currently have the newest version of SVN also installed:

TortoiseSVN 1.8.10, Build 26129 - 64 Bit , 2014/12/17 19:35:51

I have Runes of Magic installed on my internal storage drive labeled K and my OS on my SSD drive C:

Currently running Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit

The only reason i'm saying all this is because I cannot figure out what's wrong for the life of me..

I have Micromacro folder in my C: Drive

I did SVN checkout on Micromacro without Rombot extracted to it... wouldn't work. I tried it with Rombot extracted in it and no SVN update. Didn't work. Tried it with Rombot extracted into it and SVN Checkout update on Micromacro. Still didn't work.. I get the same error no matter which way I do it.

Uploading screenshot of error when I type in rom/bot

and uploading screenshot of error when I open startbot.bat

Someone please help... I've been trying for 2 hours now and I just cant figure this out.. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
trying to open it from startbot.bat
trying to open it from startbot.bat
Trying to open Rombot in Micromacro
Trying to open Rombot in Micromacro

lolita

Re: Micromacro Installation/Run Issue

#2 Post by lolita » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:02 am

it's becose your "rom" folder is in "micromacro" folder, u need to put "rom" folder into "micromacro/scripts"
corect path should be something like

Code: Select all

../micromacro/scripts/rom/startbot.bat
Last edited by lolita on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a journey, not destination :D

Newb69

#3 Post by Newb69 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:46 am

Thank you Lolita! That was a big help i'm actually getting to the menu now :)

I have one other thing popping up now I just took a screen shot and i'm not sure if its going to cause a problem though It says it may/can or don't know if it already is...

I scrolled up so my character name wouldn't show but the name and menu are below that when I open up rombot.

Is there anyway to fix this userfunction error?
Attachments
Getting a userfunction error message
Getting a userfunction error message

lolita

#4 Post by lolita » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:43 am

Where did u get that userfunction.lua file, I dont have that in my userfunctions folder. Try delete it.
Life is a journey, not destination :D

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm

userfunction.lua was the first way we added for users to add their own functions. It is not part of the bot. It is a file that the user creates and puts their own custom functions into. It's still useful for putting your own personal functions into that you don't intend to share. But if you do decide to share you can just move the relevant code into a "userfunction_NAME.lua" file and post it on the forum as a userfunctions file.

For userfunction.lua to exist means you were updating your old bot and the userfunction.lua file is a file you created back then. Have a look through it and see if there is anything you want to keep. Most likely it will all be obsolete.

The error that you got means there is some code in the file that could cause problems when the addresses change after a patch. The bot now checks for changed addresses and runs update.lua if it needs to. That error means it probably wont be able to do that so you will have to run "rom/update" first before starting the bot. To fix the error so you don't have any problems, you have to make sure there are no RoMScripts or GetIdNames outside of any functions. If you can, avoid having any code outside of functions, except for simple stuff like variable declarations.

If you don't know what to make of all I said, yeah, just delete it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Newb69

#6 Post by Newb69 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Rock5,

Thank you for the information, I think the userfunction file and functions.lua was already in the rombot folder I downloaded because I didn't create any userfunctions or did anything in the functions.lua, either that or SVN added the files with it code outside of functions.

I tried to delete it, the userfunctions folder in "rom" and when I deleted it rombot would not run at all. Restored it and then it ran, then I thought maybe if I delete the readme.txt inside it that might be what's causing it. Deleted the readme.txt and then rombot wouldn't run at all again. So I had to restore it to get it to run.

Then I deleted functions.lua and rombot also would not run again... realized it's probably code inside of functions.lua

I'm stumped as to what to do to fix it.. I looked inside of functions.lua there are about 9 getidnames and god knows what other code outside of functions.. I don't even know an easy way to even determine how/what to delete in it to get rid of this issue.

Could you recommend me something as a way to fix it or where I could download a functions.lua that would be potentially error free? I don't even know how to determine if there's code outside of functions in the file. If I did I would try to scrub it... but as of now it looks alien.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:25 pm

The file functions.lua is part of the bot. The folder userfunctions is also part of the bot. You can tell which files are part of the bot because they will have green ticks in Explorer (or red exclamations if they have been modified).

The error message mentions the file userfunctions.lua. Do you have such a file? Look in the rom folder and userfunctions folder. If you have a romglobal folder (in micromacro\scripts\), look in there too.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Newb69

#8 Post by Newb69 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi Rock,

I do have the file, the attached screenshot shows both the userfunctions folder and functions.lua. Inside the Userfunctions file is just a readme.txt

So I do have the functions.lua file... what do I do with it though? how do I fix it?
Attachments
Screenshot (10).png

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 pm

So you don't have the file. And I assume you also don't have a folder called "micromacro\scripts\romglobal\"?

I just had a closer look at the logic behind that error message. I think I found a bug. If you don't have any userfunctions then a certain variable doesn't get reset so it thinks it was loading that file.

It's a 1 line fix. Try this file
Attachments
bot.lua
(42.46 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Newb69

#10 Post by Newb69 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:54 am

Thank you Rock!

I put the bot.lua file in there and it disappeared! Your the best :) It certainly had me perplexed out of this world. Thanks for your time and help it definitely took away my problem.

Posting screenshot for show
Attachments
Screenshot (12).png

JohnKerry

#11 Post by JohnKerry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:48 am

For userfunction.lua to exist suggests that you were change your previous larva and therefore the userfunction.lua file could be a file you created previously.
Have a glance through it and see if there's something you would like to stay. possibly it'll all be obsolete.