Stuttering during fight

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Stuttering during fight

#1 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:26 am

I've been playing a bit lately and I've noticed that it stutters badly during fighting because the frame rate drops really low. This is only when botting. Has anyone else noticed this? This may also be the cause of other strange behavior I've been noticing.

I managed to fix it by increasing the main yrest in the fight function but I'm not sure if that is the best solution. Maybe people with faster pcs benefit from the shorter fight loops and maybe there are people with even slower pcs that need even larger rests.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who notices stuttering and a significant drop in frame rate while performing certain tasks.

I just set the yrest back to it's original value and it's not doing it anymore. I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it only happens sometimes. Maybe it's a memory issue.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

artosaari

Re: Stuttering during fight

#2 Post by artosaari » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:50 am

I have this occasionally in like 5% of fights, it happens to me when i 1-hit the enemys and try to open the loot interface but the fps drop is only for some milliseconds, i am not sure if this is the same issue.
Whatsoever this did not cause any problems for me so far

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:34 am

For me it wa during the whole fight sequence. While running from waypoint to waypoint it was ok.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

BlubBlab

#4 Post by BlubBlab » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:58 am

I would take a look at the process windows while fighting.

For me the fps drop about 4-5 in a fight which is not unexpected, because the animation of the skills.

Micromacro use on my process window max 5% of the cpu time, which is low and efficient in compare to firefox + flash animation.
The only thing I can think off is when you are sending to much Romscript Macros/clicks in short time to the client so that the client become too busy.

PS: Even if Micromacro would be slow there are plenty of possibilities to make it faster(64-bit,JiT instated of VM, Multi-Threading support)
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

BlubBlab wrote:not unexpected, because the animation of the skills
Except I noticed it start stuttering as soon as it started running to the mob to get in range, so before any skills are cast.

But I'll have to shelve this until I can reproduce the problem more reliably or see a pattern of when it happens. It hasn't happened since.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 pm

I don't have this at all, tested with just a walk a path WP and also with wander, FPS stays roughly the same.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual