Drillground Survive

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Marlb0ro

Drillground Survive

#1 Post by Marlb0ro » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Game: "I Want to Survive"
Goal: "Defeat 10 waves of mobs"
Why?: "More Honor Points per round then other WP's posted"

I've got the following code to get there:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onLoad>
    changeProfileOption("COMBAT_DISTANCE", 80)
    changeProfileOption("MAX_TARGET_DIST", 180)
    changeProfileOption("LOOT", false)
</onLoad>
	<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="5121" z="2519" y="13" tag="start">
         	player:updateBuffs();
	 	if not player:hasBuff("Unbridled Enthusiasm") then
        	 inventory:useItem(207200);
	 	end
   	fly()
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="5136" z="2566" y="130">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  3 --><waypoint x="4625" z="3049" y="292">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="2470" z="4243" y="292">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="2088" z="4632" y="13">	</waypoint>
</waypoints>
At wp #5 the battle begins and 10 waves of mobs with 15 second pauses in between will aggro you.

I tried using a waitforloadingscreen() at #5 but indeed the character just waits and won't fight back. Is there a way I can:
- check if i'm back at wp #1 and continue? or
- check if the 10 waves are over and then waitforloadingscreen?

rock5

Re: Drillground Survive

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 am

The bot only fights between waypoint unless you add your own fight sequence.

Try this in waypoint 5.

repeat
    yrest(500)
    if not isInGame() then -- Being teleported
        waitForLoadingScreen(10)
        rest(2000)
        player:update()
    else
        player:fight() -- Fight anything that attacks me. I think that's all that's needed unless you want to attack them before they attack you.
    end
until 100 >  distance(player.X,player.Z,5121,2519) -- At waypoint 1
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Marlb0ro

#3 Post by Marlb0ro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:10 am

Eager to give that a shot, tho I'm still at work for the next 6 hours.

Am I right that function isInGame() basically checks if you are logged in game, and does not reffer to the minigame being played?

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:25 am

Marlb0ro wrote:Am I right that function isInGame() basically checks if you are logged in game, and does not reffer to the minigame being played?
Correct.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Marlb0ro

#5 Post by Marlb0ro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 pm

That did the trick as intended, hope you have received my thanks.

game bug: after several reruns there is a chance the game won't teleport me back to the start.
So I made it leave Drill grounds and re-enter just to be on the safe side. (yet to be tested long term)

Figured since I'm outside anyway, why not sell my obtained loot to the Guild NPC at the vault. She however does not
function with player:merchant because of unusual options ("Open Honor Shop"). Is there a way to solve this?

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Normally shops open with the first option (if it does jump straight to the shop) and that's what the bot uses. If it's not the first option you can specify the option using a second argument eg.

player:merchant("name",3)

Marlb0ro

#7 Post by Marlb0ro » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:20 am

Looks like it will work. I did a forumsearch for "merchant" and I've just never seen anyone use an extra argument with it.

The WP is up for final testing and cleaning up my horrible way of waypoint codes. I'm not sure if this will ever make it to the Userfunctions, Waypoints scripts section cause it's needs are somewhat specific (for example there is no guildshop unless you complete a couple of small quests first).

If it's interresting enough for you readers to get maximum (25000) Honor Points in just 2,5 hours I might put some more effort into it.

kuripot

#8 Post by kuripot » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 am

rock5 wrote:The bot only fights between waypoint unless you add your own fight sequence.

Try this in waypoint 5.

repeat
    yrest(500)
    if not isInGame() then -- Being teleported
        waitForLoadingScreen(10)
        rest(2000)
    else
        player:fight() -- Fight anything that attacks me. I think that's all that's needed unless you want to attack them before they attack you.
    end
until 100 >  distance(player.X,player.Z,5121,2519) -- At waypoint 1

only now i notice that

what command i use when i want to attack them before they attack me?/

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:54 am

You have to find them and target them first. Finding them depends on what will work in this case. Normal mobs you would find by using

mob = player:findEnemy()
if mob then
    player:target(mob)
    player:fight()
end
findEnemy is affected by your profile options such as MAX_TARGET_DIST, mob and friends list, TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE and TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW, etc.

If it causes you trouble you will have to use a different way to find your target.

Marlb0ro

#10 Post by Marlb0ro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am

kuripot wrote: what command i use when i want to attack them before they attack me?/
Yeh there's a reason I haven't posted a complete WP yet. Rock's solution works fine for me, but I use a level 75 Mage/Priest with AoE as priority skills that will kill any wave in seconds. (sorry ppl, Mages shine here)

I tried this with my 72 Rogue, but he dies at mob wave 5-6. Perhaps reacting right when the mobs spawn will give a melee character a chance to survive it through
all 10 waves. No matter at what wave you die, you still get part of the Honor Points tho :D

ZZZZZ

#11 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:59 am

You can also just set it to travel and run in a circle around the outside....that's all i do when running manually, not sure what speed buffs you would need though.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:12 am

I think I did that once, flying not running, and they couldn't keep up. I don't know what score I got though. Wouldn't not killing them affect your score and honor point rewards or do you just have to survive?

Marlb0ro

#13 Post by Marlb0ro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Kiting or even just being back at the Drillground Instructor while the minigame is on will net you the full 840 Honor Points. (I did the kiting with Housemaid pot and Escape Artist title btw. Got a few dodged hits)

But the waypoints should not be too far apart then if you want to keep checking "until 100 > distance(player.X,player.Z,5121,2519)". If you get teleported out without reaching the wp, will the check ever be done?

I'm keeping this in attack mode for my Mage tho, these elites drop significant amounts of much wanted Guild Runes. And the extra buck from the drops arent bad either.

Marlb0ro

#14 Post by Marlb0ro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm

This was so easily modified for everyone to use if I just put common sense to it.

Waypoint can be downloaded here: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=5351

(still using your tips to actually farm the mobs Rock, my thanks for that)