Buff char in range

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
gloover

Buff char in range

#1 Post by gloover » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 am

Hey experts.

I'm using this script to buff especially selected chars in range (doing with priest/mage)

Code: Select all

playerNames = {"Name1","Name2","Name331"}

while (true) do

for k, v in ipairs(playerNames) do
		local char = player:findNearestNameOrId(v)
        if char and 150 > distance(char.X, char.Z, player.X, player.Z) then
			player:target(char)
			player:checkSkills(true);

end
    end
end
the problem I've is that using "player:checkSkills(true)" all character only gets "PRIEST_AMPLIFIED_ATTACK" and "PRIEST_GRACE_OF_LIFE" but not "Fire Ward" and "Magic Barrier" (both are defined in the profile) even if they're in party.

How can I check for targets (group) buff (fire ward, Magic barrier)?

thx in advance!

rock5

Re: Buff char in range

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 am

It was probably decided they they were more appropriately for personal use so they were given the 'target' value of "self". The bot sees that as meaning they can only be used on yourself. Try changing 'target' to "friendly" for those skills. You will have to set the ranges as well.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:59 am

Fire Ward and Magic Barrier are both PARTY buffs, and so you can't target players outside of your party to use these two buffs.

gloover

#4 Post by gloover » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 am

@ Bill - take a look at rocks post above, so I can prove you wrong!

@ rock - thank u very much for your suggestion, changing the option in onload to

changeProfileSkill("MAGE_FIRE_WARD", "Target", 2);	
solve the problem!

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:01 am

Mage's Fire Ward: Increase the party's Fire resistance by 10.0 points for 10 minutes.

Priest's Magic Barrier: For 900.0 seconds, all party members' Magical Defense increases by 6.0%. (The maximum level of this skill is 50.)
Now what part of "they are PARTY buffs" are you proving me wrong on? Unless these skills have been changed to single target buffs, my statement remains the same. What you are probably seeing is that you can now cast it on the whole party when you detect that one member doesn't have the buff. I don't believe you can just randomly buff a player that is not in your party with either of those skills.

gloover

#6 Post by gloover » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am

Bill, You've got me wrong. You've right, both skills works only in party - so the requirement to get this buffs is to be in party, BUT my intention was not to check every party member i.e

for i,v in ipairs(partymemberpawn) do 
I only wants to check for one especially character (or using a party check: party member) in range and renew his buffs. I also have changed my code to make a check, if this special character is in party or not.

Anyway, thx for your answer.