Hall of Survivors HoS Mantarick 6th Boss

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
turbobay

Hall of Survivors HoS Mantarick 6th Boss

#1 Post by turbobay » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Is there any script to make the color event of the 6th Boss in HoS ?
Normally you need 5 people to do the event, one takes aggro, and the other 4 have to complete the color event (run to the correct corners - corresponding to color buff).
I wanted to know if anyone has a script to make one or more characters automatically identify the color buff, find the right color in the right corner and then run there t activate it.

Cindy

Re: Hall of Survivors HoS Mantarick 6th Boss

#2 Post by Cindy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I've been thinking about this for quite a while, not gotten past the preliminary design phase yet.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:50 pm

each buff will have a different ID and each colour "tower" will also have a different ID, once you have the ID's it should be farely simple.

having a look in my database I would guess the buffs are

Code: Select all

{Name = "Green Energy",ID = 504230},
{Name = "Blue Energy",ID = 504231},
{Name = "White Energy",ID = 504232},
{Name = "Red Energy",ID = 504233},
and possibly this for the towers.

{Name = "Green Rune Crystal Mechanism",ID = 106702},
{Name = "Blue Rune Crystal Mechanism",ID = 106703},
{Name = "White Rune Crystal Mechanism",ID = 106704},
{Name = "Red Rune Crystal Mechanism",ID = 106705},
good luck =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

turbobay

#4 Post by turbobay » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:05 am

Hi,
thank you for the IDs.
I am not really sure if i can do this...but i will look into...

So if i want to check if i have the buff i'll simply use the
player:hasDebuff(id) (or player:hasBuff(id) if it is a buff and not debuff).

So if i recognize the buff/debuff i will try to locate the corresponding energy corner.
Can i simply player:target_NPC(ID) of these energy towers, or is there any other function ?
Do i calculate the position X/Y/Z of tis NPC to move there, or is there a simple "moveTo(NPC/ID)" ?

A last question, in some code that is posted here there are CDATA segments, rather than simply being coded in onLoad or waypoints...what is the difference between CDATA code and the normal waypoint files ?

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:46 am

turbobay wrote:So if i want to check if i have the buff i'll simply use the
player:hasDebuff(id) (or player:hasBuff(id) if it is a buff and not debuff).
Both these functions are now the same. They used to be different because they used different in game function. But now they get them from memory. Both debuffs and buffs are stored in the same place in memory. So just use hasBuff. You'll probably use it in an 'if' statement

if player:hasBuff(id1) then
elseif player:hasBuff(id2) then
etc.
turbobay wrote:So if i recognize the buff/debuff i will try to locate the corresponding energy corner.
Can i simply player:target_NPC(ID) of these energy towers, or is there any other function ?
Do i calculate the position X/Y/Z of tis NPC to move there, or is there a simple "moveTo(NPC/ID)" ?
I' not sure, depends on what you have to do. player:target_NPC/target_Object are functions for opening dialogs and collecting resources. If you used them it would walk to the target but it usually stops short and I don't know if it would go close enough.

From your earlier description it sounds like you only need it to move to the spot. If that's the case you should just use moveTo, eg.

spot = player:findNearestNameOrId(spotid)
player:moveTo(spot,true)
turbobay wrote:A last question, in some code that is posted here there are CDATA segments, rather than simply being coded in onLoad or waypoints...what is the difference between CDATA code and the normal waypoint files ?
All that CDATA does is tell the xml interpreter to treat everything in it as data and ignore any xml characters or fragments. It's not really needed. The only real time we have a problem is when we try to use less than (<) because the interpreter interprets it as the beginning of a tag. But it can easily be fixed by switching it around, eg. change "if a < b then" to "if b > a then". But if you used CDATA then you wouldn't have to worry about that. I don't use it because my editor doesn't show syntax highlighting between CDATA tags.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:41 pm

you need to click the tower, so yeah try target_Object, since you are in an instance though I would look at using teleport to the towers as sometimes just walking isn't fast enough, but that's just me.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:01 am

lisa wrote:you need to click the tower, so yeah try target_Object, since you are in an instance though I would look at using teleport to the towers as sometimes just walking isn't fast enough, but that's just me.
I second the idea of using teleport. I can't count the number of times I've been rooted in place when running to one of the towers. I think the teleport would still get you to the tower even if you get rooted.