Bot stops targeting NPC after some time

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ark2003

Bot stops targeting NPC after some time

#1 Post by ark2003 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 am

This is with reference to daily quest in elven area. After cycling through few chars, bot is not able to target quest item and sometimes even the quest NPC. It stops near quest item (cleansing crystal) and message in micromacro window shows "Can't find NPC cleansing crystal." I can click on crystal manually and bot runs to npc to complete but again gets stuck after 1 or 2 quests.

This usually happens after cycling through 12-13 chars i.e. about 2-2:30 hours.

lisa

Re: Bot stops targeting NPC after some time

#2 Post by lisa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 am

Not much we can do about that, the client usually crashes after 14 character changes anyway.

Just aim at doing 10-12 characters at a time.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

ark2003

#3 Post by ark2003 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 am

lisa wrote:Not much we can do about that, the client usually crashes after 14 character changes anyway.

Just aim at doing 10-12 characters at a time.
That actually depends on pc configuration and game settings too. On my old pc with xp i was able to change 26-27 characters successfully before crashing and that was approximately 6-6:30 hours. On my current configuration i'm sure i did about 24+ switches successfully few days back.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 am

ark2003 wrote:That actually depends on pc configuration and game settings too.
also depends how many loading screens you do aswell, how many character changes an hour also affects it.

End result is the same though, it is an issue with the game itself which we can't fix.

Best you can do is create your own batch file to start client and start MM and get MM to load the waypoint you want.
Otherwise you will just have to restart it all manually.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

ark2003

#5 Post by ark2003 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am

I'm not concerned about client crashes that is something we cant do anything about. Main problem is that bot is not able to target quest item after sometime. If i manually click the quest item bot follows the waypoints and submit it and sometimes it does few more quests before getting stuck again.
I can do some testing to see what exactly happens before its stuck, maybe some memory pointers are changed within game (or something related to that low computer memory message).

Hidden

#6 Post by Hidden » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

Its the same for all of us. sometimes I can get 14 no worries most of the time its 10 - 12 characters then MM will either not target crystal or the npc and you have to restart both.
Why that happens I have no idea.
KS I have left running for 48hrs+ and it hasn't crashed and MM works fine (no char switching tho)
So somehow it must relate to char switching, once the cant find loop has occurred I have tried running other scripts with out restarting client/MM and all behave strangely once that point is reached.

Ego95

#7 Post by Ego95 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm

48 hours sok *.*
I would love that. Normally a gm gets detected after 3 hours :/

Budzer

#8 Post by Budzer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am

Actually I stopped carrying about GM even turned off my GM detect. In the past I would have to do 2 KS runs manually on GM detect, currently I can simply resume bot (not sure if GM detect simply ignore GM, after it was once detected or he simply moves on). Maybe I would be still using GM detect, but I know at least 4 persons farming multiple chars and not one of them using GM detect with farm time 10h+/day and if they didn't get banned why should I

As for the main topic NCP dialog didn't seen this problem with my bots, but maybe I simply haven't noticed that.
Last edited by Budzer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hidden

#9 Post by Hidden » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:17 am

We has no gm's on sever for a few months, even now its rare to see Gm's

botje

#10 Post by botje » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:17 pm

same here, no GM's on dutch server xd