Harvesting with the bot - How To For Dummies

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
botlover

Harvesting with the bot - How To For Dummies

#1 Post by botlover » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Okay, i see that ppl still ask for how to make the bot gather.

It does not require hardcore coding or anything like that, it does though require some work, time and efford. just a little note, my gathering waypoint path aint perfect, i would say it's more or less impossible to make 1 that is 100% effective and accurate, though if u fine tune it 2-3 times they get very VERY effective i must say.

note 2: please DO NOT ask for others to post theyr gathering path. make one for your selfe, this way you know it's personal, and know it's weak spots.

note 3: The harvesting option aint perfect, it has it's limitations.
you can ONLY have 1 bot open and harvesting, since u need the windows to be on top, this has something to do with the mouse imput used to make the bot able to gather.
this ALSO means you CAN NOT use the computer for ANYTHING else while the bot is on harvesting.
leaving the window in background would make the bot follow the path you createt BUT NOT collect ANYTHING at all.

and last note:
Note 4: THIS IS A TIME CONSUMMING PROCESS.

Okay, lets move ón to the part HOW TO - For Dummies

Okay, here is what u do, you create a path with the createpath function, u WRITE DOWN every single node (the number of the waypoint you just createt, you can see the number in MicroMacro) down on some paper or that alike.
When you are done, you open the waypoint script and edit it, implying "player:harvest();" in each waypoint where you want the bot to gather.

EXAMPLE:

Code: Select all

<!-- #10 --><waypoint x="-2376" z="-9763">
player:harvest();
</waypoint>

and MAKE SURE that you imply that the waypoint is TRAVEL mode by setting the first line to look like this in your waypoints script

<waypoints type="TRAVEL">

AND set your profile to have 0 waypoint deviation, this way your character wont go wrong in town if u set the waypoints to go around obstackels. (you do that in your Character Profile Script)

<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION" value="0" />
an Example on how your waypoint script should look like is this

<waypoints type="TRAVEL">
	<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-1820" z="-10323">
</waypoint>
	<!-- # 2 --><waypoint x="-1955" z="-10397">
</waypoint>
	<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="-1986" z="-10336"></waypoint>
	<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="-2152" z="-10229">
player:harvest();</waypoint>
	<!-- # 5 --><waypoint x="-1824" z="-10124">
</waypoint>

</waypoints>
Remember though, this is ONLY an example, with a few waypoints, my own personal script has OVER 100 Waypoints, so fine tunning a script is time consumming BUT VERY MUCH rewarding in the end if done properly.

I would Recomendend that the way doing this is as following:

1. You make the path using the Createpath Function. Look on your map (even write your coordinates down if you like) to see where you start, this is so when you want to end the path it ends near the starting possition, avoding complications with the bot Running the Path several times.

2. WRITE DOWN every waypoint number where you want the bot to gather, this way when you are done doing the path, you know at wich points u want the bot to gather, and wich waypoints ONLY are waypoints.

3. When done with editing your path, having implied the harvest function on every waypoint node you want it to gather, let it run a few laps, just 1-2 laps. This way you can see if your path aint complete (and trust me, IT WONT be complete after first try)
This also ensures that you have made the waypoints properly go around any obstackles that the bot may or may not encounter on his path.

4. when/if you add some more waypoints where to gather, run a bit away from the place where u added the node, and RESTART the bot (Using the CTRL+L function and typing in rom/bot.lua again) just starting the bot again from having it on pause will have it run to the same waypoints as he was before you put it on hold.

5. when done, clean up your waypoint script, making ALL the waypoints have the right number, else if you see an flaw in your waypoint script, you wont be able to fix it fast since the bot dosent care about the numbers and just counts the waypoints, in other words, if u name all waypoints #3 it will still count 1-2-3 for each waypoint in the script.

This is all, and by the way, did i mention that my path aint perfect ? it DOES still bypass some gathering nodes. this comes from EVERY single node not being "online" when you make the path. so my best bet for making the path perfect would be overlooking the bot run it atleast 20 laps, and this is still no ensurance.
so a good tip is just to make it a 100+ waypoint script, and you would have a quite good Gathering path.

If any quistions OR things i Should add, please post so. BUT DO NOT ask about my waypoint scripts. OR ANYBODYS elses for that sake.
if you dont have the time to make a propper path dont bother playing at all.

Thanks for Reading my Tutorial, hope it helps you in any way :)

d003232

Re: Harvesting with the bot - How To For Dummies

#2 Post by d003232 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Good description. That will really be a help for the noobs.

Since it is very time consuming to write down all node, I uploaded a modified createpath2.lua. There you can just press 1 for a normal waypoint and 2 for a harvesting waypoint.

There is a rom ingame addon. ygather. I just let my bot run a view rounds around new areas. ygather will remember all nodes around and show them at the map/minimap. If I now create a waypoint file, I can also mark nodes, that are not available at the moment. You can download ygather here.

If you want to correct your waypoint file, it is very helpfull to start createpath.lua in a second micromacro window. Than you can correct and edit your waypoint file while you are running the bot in the other micromacro window.

After editing the waypoint file manually, the numbering in front of the lines is not correct anymore. I is a lot of effort to correct them and the bot don't need that numbers. They should only be a help for the user to edit the file. So I don't care about that numbers and use a editor, which shows me the line numbers. I use textpad.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Good post, going to sticky this one. Just letting you know that I fixed two errors in your post. Both times, you had this:

<waypoints type="TRAVEL">>
The second '>' shouldn't be there, and I'm actually kind of surprised it didn't cause any errors.

botlover

#4 Post by botlover » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:52 am

Administrator wrote:Good post, going to sticky this one. Just letting you know that I fixed two errors in your post. Both times, you had this:

<waypoints type="TRAVEL">>
The second '>' shouldn't be there, and I'm actually kind of surprised it didn't cause any errors.
hmmm, i just see that i have that in my personal gather path also ^^ just removed it.

well if it dosent cause error's why fix it ;) hehe...

FreshA

#5 Post by FreshA » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:43 am

Hey guys,
I read this very often, but I couldn't understand what I should do.
The Example createpath2.lua looks nice.
I have a lot of questions:

1. How I geht the number of the waypoint example: </waypoint x=-6548 z=-456>
or something like that^^...
2. In the Example says at the start:

include("addresses.lua");
include("classes/player.lua");
include("classes/waypoint.lua");
include("functions.lua");

where do I get this files?
3. All in all : HOW TO USE IT ???

Can someone post the whole bunch of files ?

greetz

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 am

If you update off of SVN, you don't need to mess around with createpath2.lua. It has been merged (and improved) into the createpath.lua that is included with the bot.

so2easy

#7 Post by so2easy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Can someone make a video.. for even dummier people.. like me.

I made my path but i wanna see how u are doing it.. with adding more points.. editing old.. etc..

U can make the video.. send it to me.. ill upload it to 1-2-3 streaming sites(youtube..vbox7..etc..) and post a link here.. cuz i see there are no video tags.. :D

edit2..

first try = 120-150 +- waypoints ... not good..
2nd try = 325 waypoints .. with addons.. maps.. every possible node marked :P

Tonight will be the night to test its productivenes...

i still wanna see a video tut about everything in the first post.

edit3...

I forgot to start the bot last night.. and today for aroudn 4 hours it gathered me..

406 ash wood
310 Zinc Ore
362 Mountain demon grass
16 Rosemary
22 Chime Wood
27 Flame Dust

Sniped007

#8 Post by Sniped007 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:49 am

For the ygather howdo you install it? lol

so2easy

#9 Post by so2easy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Sniped007 wrote:For the ygather howdo you install it? lol

like any other addon?

shotpuller

#10 Post by shotpuller » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:59 am

One question i have about this...

If your bot runs into an unfriendly will it fight back or keep going to the next node? Or should it be made in an area that you will not encounter mobs actively attacking you?

I would hate to spend 3 hours trying to create a script just to get killed by mobs in the area..

d003232

#11 Post by d003232 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am

shotpuller wrote:One question i have about this...

If your bot runs into an unfriendly will it fight back or keep going to the next node? Or should it be made in an area that you will not encounter mobs actively attacking you?

I would hate to spend 3 hours trying to create a script just to get killed by mobs in the area..
You can decide that by using the proper waypoint type in your file. See here the informations in the wiki.

yellow

#12 Post by yellow » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello !

I have no probleme to save harvest point etc but when i launch bot.lua there is an error that i don't understand :s

settings.lua:219: Bad argument #1 to 'getKeyName' ((null))

for i,v in pairs(check_keys) do

if(v.name) then

msg = string.sub(v.name.."                               ", 1, 30);	-- function name

local modname;
			if( v.modifier ) then 
				modname = getKeyName(v.modifier).."+";	-- modifier name
			else
				modname = "";
			end;
			msg = msg..modname..getKeyName(v.key);	-- add key name      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The line 219
--			printf(msg.."\n");			-- print line
			logMessage(msg);			-- log keyboard settings

end;
	end;
if someone can help me ? ^^

d003232

#13 Post by d003232 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:50 pm

yellow wrote:if someone can help me ? ^^
You have somewhere an empty key setting. I suppose within your ingame settings? Perhaps the 'target nearest friend' key?

yellow

#14 Post by yellow » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:57 pm

yeah it's good now :)

But he just walk waypoints to waypoints and no take ressources hmmm..

Edit : It's ok, its work ! :)

but it's possible to enlarge the area of the cursor to scan the windows ?

fredgsanford

#15 Post by fredgsanford » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:39 am

so putting the Travel at top makes all the waypoints travel type including ones that are harvest ones right? Just making sure so I don't set long walks that are to next harvest without it being able to fight back is all I am worried about?
thanks in advance

d003232

#16 Post by d003232 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 pm

yellow wrote:but it's possible to enlarge the area of the cursor to scan the windows ?
Yes. There are some expert profile options for doing that:

<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH" value="15" />   	-- steps horizontal
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT" value="10" />  	-- steps vertical
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_STEPSIZE" value="22" />	-- wide of every step
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_TOPDOWN" value="false" />	-- true = top->down  false = botton->up
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_YREST" value="7" />		-- scanspeed
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_YMOVE" value="1.1" />	-- move scan area top/down ( 1 middle of screen )

d003232

#17 Post by d003232 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:34 pm

fredgsanford wrote:so putting the Travel at top makes all the waypoints travel type including ones that are harvest ones right? Just making sure so I don't set long walks that are to next harvest without it being able to fight back is all I am worried about?
thanks in advance
Thats right. Just set 'type=TRAVEL' at the first line to be sure the whole file is of type travel without targeting mobs by yourself.

<waypoints type="TRAVEL" >
	<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-12297" z="-2886">player:harvest();</waypoint>

yellow

#18 Post by yellow » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 am

d003232 wrote:
yellow wrote:but it's possible to enlarge the area of the cursor to scan the windows ?
Yes. There are some expert profile options for doing that:

<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_WIDTH" value="15" />   	-- steps horizontal
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_HEIGHT" value="10" />  	-- steps vertical
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_STEPSIZE" value="22" />	-- wide of every step
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_TOPDOWN" value="false" />	-- true = top->down  false = botton->up
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_YREST" value="7" />		-- scanspeed
	<option name="HARVEST_SCAN_YMOVE" value="1.1" />	-- move scan area top/down ( 1 middle of screen )
Yea ! It's work very well :)

In 6 hours of Harvesting, i got 1400 of each ressources :)
But it's long to take all waypoint of all ressources ^^

Edit :

After 3 days of farm ressources day and night, i got 67000 ressources (all ressources, wood, herb, ore) but 67k is ressources tranform.. so maybe 120000 ressources get :)
it's work perfectly ;)

auliashinta

#19 Post by auliashinta » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:37 am

Can it use to multi client ?
Since the cursor should search at the top client...

Thank you.

d003232

#20 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 am

auliashinta wrote:Can it use to multi client ?
Since the cursor should search at the top client...

Thank you.
Only that one in foreground could use the harvest function.