Level 50-XX quest bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
top1

Level 50-XX quest bot

#1 Post by top1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey guys,

Ive got 6 bots in the level range 52-58 (mainly used them for the malatina games and dog meat farming). Now I would love to level them a bit further, because you can do a lot more intresting stuff with a high (max) level char.

I started doing quests in Dalanis and recorded the waypoints the quest givers and the item id's (if you have to pick up something). But editing the waypointfiles to make them work and finding the best "route" through the quests does take a shithload of extra time.
And of course when you do the quest with the char recording you always need another char to test them... (not like dailys...)

So basicly I would have two ideas.

1. We could start a project with some helpers making waypoints for different zones(if anyone would be interested and capable of making genuine waypoints) -> with some standards we had to define first.

2. Maybe it would make sense to write some addon for the "createpath" command
which would help to take and return quests and easyier to add loops and controls routines.
if inventory:getItemCount
and stuff like this.
90% of the quests are collecting items, killing mobs or even just talkin and walking from npc to npc. So the basic routines: what to click -item ID-, what to kill -mob name- checking the ammount of those and knowing where to walk and to whom to talk. Really isnt't that hard.

I know a LOT of guys out here would love to HAVE those magic (and posible) waypoints from 50-70+ the question is -> is it worth putting that much time and effort in it?

Any opinion is highly apreciatet.
Thank you very much,
Tobi

BillDoorNZ

Re: Level 50-XX quest bot

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:00 pm

I started doing something like this a while back. The effort involved is substantial :) But if spread out over multiple people, is definitely doable.

Personally, I have always approached this from the point of view of building individual waypoints for each quest, named in a standard way. Each quest should start from the quest starter, and end at the quest ender.

Getting to the quest starter and moving from the quest ender to the next quest is outside scope for now ;)

To that end I ended up building a lot of classes and functions to make testing for completion and individual goals and I had a lot of customised stuff already for loading quest data from a database etc. Obviously that is not going to work for a community based approach tho! :)

Rock did a lot of work around pulling quest information from memory too. Which I haven't fully tested as yet as I have not been playing much (playing GW2 atm), but his stuff should speed up my checking etc significantly. It shouldn't be major job for me to rip my custom stuff out of my quest lists either.

My longer term goal was to get the bot to the point that I could get it to do this:

1) Login character,
2) Run and Minigames/Events that it was configured to run
3) Go use the housemaids to get the pots etc I want it to get and to develop any new housemaids
4) Either go generate money (farm KS etc) or go level

Levelling would work like this:
1) Find all quests that are in level range (0-3 levels above the character)
2) Evaluate which ones give the most xp or are deemed more important (i.e. quest chains)
3) Randomly select one
4) Build a path to the quest starter from the current location and run to them
5) kick off the quest waypoint
6) repeat from 1.

I've attached 3 of the quests that I ended up scripting (have about 65 in all atm - and that was a mission) and my questhelper userfunction which will not work for anyone else :)
Attachments
userfunction_questHelper.lua
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
423020-TH-MedicalEmergency.xml
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
423019-TH-AChangeofPlans.xml
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
423018-TH-PiginaPond.xml
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

rock5

Re: Level 50-XX quest bot

#3 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 am

The world traveler userfunction will probably help in getting around
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 969#p41969
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro