Pretty Sick of "waiting on aggressive enemies"

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
grande

Pretty Sick of "waiting on aggressive enemies"

#1 Post by grande » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 am

Subject says it all. I looked around and saw most people don't have an answer... anyone know how to eliminate this problem?

"waiting on aggressive enemies"

/facepalm

edit: I turned off "loot in combat" and it's been running okay for a while... not sure if that was just coincidental or why it would matter...

rock5

Re: Pretty Sick of "waiting on aggressive enemies"

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 am

Awhile back I remember changing a few of those to actually looking for the mobs that have you targeted and if it didn't find any then it wouldn't wait. I think there are still a few in there that weren't changed. I could probably have a look for them.

Why are you getting aggro? AOE from mobs? In a party?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 am

My first thought is the aoe the mobs do on the way to do butterflies daily, if so then just set the waypoint type to "travel" or was it "run" I always get the 2 mixed up.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

grande

#4 Post by grande » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:44 am

I haven't been watching it real closely, unfortunately. Can tell you it wasn't when I was in a party. AOE is possible as the new zone does some wierd things such as give you a debuff here and there but I can't verify at this time.

Last thing I changed was to not loot in combat and I haven't had issues since then but it could be some other thing such as world events and I don't really want to get into exact locations. will continue to watch it. Problem is that it freezes up in the "waiting on aggressive..." mode and will end up with xp deaths as mobs beat me senseless.

And I want to kill things so travel/run options aren't good for this issue.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I see no "wait for aggro" in the code during looting. Also, what you did is counter-intuitive. If loot in combat is enabled then it would ignore aggro and loot. If loot in combat is disabled then it wont loot if it has aggro and possibly it might wait for aggro.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

grande

#6 Post by grande » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah it's most likely set off by a world event, maybe it does some AOE, not sure.

What's the purpose of waiting on aggressive enemies? Freezing the bot just doesn't seem like a good outcome when the failsafe results in a death.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:23 pm

I just had a pretty thorough look. I couldn't find anywhere where it waits for aggro. So you'll need to let us know when, where, why it's stopping so we know where to look. Then we might be able to help you.

romaniac

#8 Post by romaniac » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

I get this message a lot, too. I have two sure ways to reproduce it:

1. Put several chars in a party, turn off ANTI_KS and set them in the same area with mobs. I would expect all chars to attack some mob, but only the first one to spot a mob attacks, the others show the message "we have aggro - waiting". If they are standing, they freeze for the time, but what's worse, if they were moving they just keep running on aimlessly in the last direction, sometimes to their death.

2. Let a char fight b1 in DoD. When the boss has jumped, the char just sits there showing the aggro message instead of re-engaging and doing some damage.

Maybe this helps. It would be really great to get those aggro wait conditions removed as they at best make the bot slow and ineffective, but often get the char killed.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:33 am

easiest "work around" would be to set in profile PARTY to true.

Code: Select all

<!-- Party Bot options  -->
		<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
the party ignores the wait for agro code.

In bot.lua it has this.

while(player.Battling) do

if( player.Current_waypoint_type == WPT_TRAVEL ) then
				cprintf(cli.green, language[113]);	-- we don't stop and don't fight back
				break;
			end;

if ( settings.profile.options.PARTY ~= true  ) then

player:target(player:findEnemy(true, nil, evalTargetDefault, player.IgnoreTarget));

-- wait a second with the aggro message to avoid wrong msg
				-- because of slow battle flag from the client
				if( msg_print == false  and  os.difftime(os.time(), aggroWaitStart) > 1 ) then
					cprintf(cli.green, language[35]);	-- Waiting on aggressive enemies.
					msg_print = true;
				end;
				if( player:haveTarget() ) then
					if( msg_print == false ) then
						cprintf(cli.green, language[35]);	-- Waiting on aggressive enemies.
						msg_print = true;
					end;

break;
				end;

if( os.difftime(os.time(), aggroWaitStart) > 4 ) then
					cprintf(cli.red, language[34]);		-- Aggro wait time out
					break;
				end;

yrest(10);
				player:update();
			else
				player:target(player:findEnemy(true, nil, nil));
				local target = player:getTarget();
				if player:haveTarget() then
					if( settings.profile.options.ANTI_KS ) then
						if( target:haveTarget() and
							target:getTarget().Address ~= player.Address and
							 (not player:isFriend(CPawn(target.TargetPtr))) and
							target:getTarget().Address ~= 0 -- because of distance limitation
							and target:getTarget().InParty ~= true )then
								cprintf(cli.red, language[5], target.Name);
						else
							player:fight();
						end

else
							player:fight();
					end
					yrest(10);
					player:update();
				end
			end
		end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:52 am

I think I see what's happening. If the wait for aggro is triggered and it looks for the aggro mob, if it fails the 'evaltargetdefault' tests then it will wait 4-5 seconds. Maybe remove the eval function as you probably always want to attack aggroed mobs regardless of if they pass the eval function. So line 618 of bot.lua

player:target(player:findEnemy(true, nil, evalTargetDefault, player.IgnoreTarget));
should look like

player:target(player:findEnemy(true, nil, nil, player.IgnoreTarget));
Maybe even get rid of the last argument. If you fail to attack a mob and ignore it, you don't want to ignore it if it then attacks you. So maybe it should be like the party one.

player:target(player:findEnemy(true));
Hm.. but what if you are getting aggro from and AOE but nothing is attacking you? I think it would still wait 4s. Lisa is right, the party bit still looks for the aggro mob but if it doesn't find it it just moves on. I think the non party bit need to be like that too. Probably that whole section needs to be rewritten.

grande

#11 Post by grande » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Lisa, Rock... you two are awesome. Thx!

Pretty annoyed I did a search (windows crappy search thing) for "waiting" and "aggressive" in the micromacro folders and didn't come up with the bot.lua text even though it's supposed to. oh well..

I ended up doing the set WP to "TRAVEL" which was okay since I could tell it to engage combat with more specific commands, player:fight() seemed to work fine. I actually shoved off from the place where I was having problems so maybe I'll go back and take another shot armed with the bot.lua info.

Thank you again

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

grande wrote:(windows crappy search thing)
I use and recommend FileSeek for searching for text in files.
http://www.fileseek.ca/

grande

#13 Post by grande » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll try that, thx!! I think you're the one that turned me onto cleanmem too :-)

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I like notepad ++ and use the search for in files option. Love how it can also replace text in any open files all in 1 go too =)

BillDoorNZ

#15 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm

lol...I use notepad++ too...brilliant prog that one.

and an app called 'Everything' which searches all files on comp, blindingly fast :)

romaniac

#16 Post by romaniac » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 am

lisa wrote:easiest "work around" would be to set in profile PARTY to true.

<!-- Party Bot options  -->
		<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
the party ignores the wait for agro code.
As a quick workaround I tried

changeProfileOption("PARTY",true)
But that just caused an error message "unknown option".

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 am

That function can only change values that already exist. Most options have default values so should be able to be changed but it looks like Lisa forgot to add default values for the party options. Anyway, I prefer to just use.

settings.profile.options.PARTY = true
That way I know exactly what it does and it's pretty much fool proof.

romaniac

#18 Post by romaniac » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Shouldn't those options be in a different capizalization in the code than in the XML.

I would have guessed that PARTY becomes .Party.

confused

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Some things loaded from xmls are interpreted and converted, eg. most of the skill values in skills.xml are converted to caps. But the profile options are added as is. That's why you can even add your own variables to the options and they get added.

Example, if you want to make a choice based on a profile option, lets say which waypoint file to load next, you could add options to your profiles such as

<option name="MyCHOICE" value="eastpath"/>
and that would get loaded so it would be available for you to use in your waypoint file, eg.

if settings.profile.option.MyChoice == "eastpath" then
    loadPaths("waypointeast")
elseif settings.profile.option.MyCHOICE == "westpath" then
    loadPaths("waypointwest")
etc..
The point is, unlike lua files that what you see is what you get, xml files have to be read and interpreted. Some of the xml files the bot uses, it changes the variable names as it loads them. Hope that helps.

romaniac

#20 Post by romaniac » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Ok, I put the bot into party mode using

settings.profile.options.PARTY = true
At first it seemed to work, it aggressively attacked instead of showing the "waiting for aggro".

But after a while, the bot simply stopped after killing a mob. It would simply do nothing at all anymore.

I tried it with two different scripts and three different characters. The bot would always run for a while but simply stop doing anyting after a kill after 5-10 minutes.