Macro problems (I think)

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Hetrix

Macro problems (I think)

#1 Post by Hetrix » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:45 pm

I got this strange problem when I start mm and type "rom/bot.lua" it goes to "MACRO Test: ok, Ranged skill found: SCOUT_SHOT" and then the menu from "Esc" is poping up whole the time. It does not go to the waypoint list in mm it just stuck after those above mentioned messages and poping up the Esc-menu whole the time. And I'm not getting any error messages or so at all. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Thx in advance.
/ H

BillDoorNZ

Re: Macro problems (I think)

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 pm

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 am

Isn't that an old post. Probably issues back then are not relevant anymore.

But the idea is right, do a search for "system menu" and go through the results and see if anything mentioned helps. But at the moment, I'm only aware of one issue that will cause that problem, and that is the ExtraActionButtons addon. If you have it installed, remove it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Hetrix

#4 Post by Hetrix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 am

I dont have the ExtraActionBars addon installed and I was reading the thread provided from Billz. I couldnt find anything helpfull in that thread. Could it maybe be a other addon that is causing this problem? And I wanted to revert my scripts/rom folder but it says the list is empty. Could it be that, that is causing the problem since I cant revert?
/H

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:30 am

Hetrix wrote:Could it maybe be a other addon that is causing this problem?
Could very well be. The easiest way to check is to remove all addons (except ingamefunctions) and see if it helps. If it does then add them back in one or a few at a time until you find out which addon is causing the problem. Then let use know.
Hetrix wrote:And I wanted to revert my scripts/rom folder but it says the list is empty.
That just means you don't have any edited files so they should all have green icons.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Prophet

#6 Post by Prophet » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:19 pm

I had this problem once when I changed key binding "target nearest enemy" (tab) to blank. It has to have some value. check it.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Except TAB isn't used for targeting anymore. Just tested it. Removed the hotkey for "target nearest enemy" and it still worked fine.

Hetrix

#8 Post by Hetrix » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Tried with that targeting macro because I also use it, but its still poping up the Esc menu. Will try to take out all addons except ingamefunctions as rock said and let you know.

Hetrix

#9 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 am

I tried with the addons and it still dont work. And I forgot to let you know. I got the RoM slim and full version installed on seperate harddrive. And the MM is installed to the desktop. Can this be the issue maybe that I need to have MM installed in the same harddrive as the RoM?

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 am

Hetrix wrote:And the MM is installed to the desktop. Can this be the issue maybe that I need to have MM installed in the same harddrive as the RoM?
I have heard a lot of people have had issues wit MM on the desktop, I doubt it needs to be the same hard drive but yeah move it off desktop =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Hetrix

#11 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 am

I moved the MM folder to same harddrive where I got my RoM installed, and it works fine. Maybe you guys can post this somewhere in the installing instructions if its not already there, to avoid this in the future.
Thanks to all who replied.
(You can close this thread if you want to.)
/H

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 am

I don't think it's as easy as that. My micromacro install is on my c: drive and I have 2 installs of the game, 1 on c: drive and 1 on d: drive. The bot works fine with both.

Hetrix

#13 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

Hmm ok, I have no clue then.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 am

Maybe there is some setting on one drive that is not on the other. Such as security options, compression options, partition type, etc.

Hetrix

#15 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:19 pm

After furter testings the Esc menu pops up again. Maybe I should reinstall the MM and install it freshly direct to the harddrive because I just cut out the folder and inserted it into my harddrive. Will that maybe work or?
/H

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Copying the folder should work. There is no "installation" after all. Unless the files are corrupt somehow. Then doing a new install might help.

You said you tried it with no addons installed, have you also tried it with no userfunctions installed?

Hetrix

#17 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 pm

How do you mean rock, which userfunctions folder, there is one in the rom folder and one in scripts/rom/ folder. And I didnt tried that yet. Which of those should I move?
/H

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Addons are located in the games "Runes of Magic\interface\addons" folder. userfunctions are like addons but for the bot and go in the "micromacro/script/rom/userfunctions" folder. A faulty addon or userfunction could cause problems so try removing both. Of course you will have to leave "Runes of Magic/interface/addons/ingamefunctions" for the bot to work.

Hetrix

#19 Post by Hetrix » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Tried that aswell, still same problem. I will try to do a fresh download and install of MM now.
And still same issue. Now I'm really out of ideas.

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 am

I had a re-read of your first post. It's useful that you said it succeeds the macro test but then doesn't show the waypoint list. That really reduces the place I have to look. I had a look at that part of the code and the only thing I could see that does RoMScript commands is LoadItemTypes() (the RoMScript command is what presses the ESC key). This function creates the "rom/cache/itemtypestable.lua" file. It uses in game repeat loop to collect and return large blocks of data to save time. As RoMScripts go, these are more cpu intensive and time consuming than others. So maybe if you have a slower pc of large ping time it could be taking too long. BTW, how good is your PC and what are your ping times like (CTRL-X)?

So the questions is, do you have the "rom/cache/itemtypestable.lua" file? If not, I could send you a copy so it doesn't need to try to create it. If that works then we'll know that is the problem. Do you use English with the client? If so use the file attached. If not, let me know what language you use.
Attachments
itemtypestable.lua
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 98 times