Kalin Shrine Improvements

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
aspart

Kalin Shrine Improvements

#1 Post by aspart » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey guy's I was wondering if somebody could walk me through how to get the most gold per run in KS. I know I saw a thread where lisa was getting about 1m per run I can't find the thread though. Thanks guys!

BillDoorNZ

Re: Kalin Shrine Improvements

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I'd say she was getting 1m per hour....unless she was dropping a s**tonne of luck items on it :)

Really tho, thats the key - honor party, luck pots/pet/items, speed pots etc and then its just speed of running through. There was a post about incorporating swimming + teleporting for looting too which works quite nicely....I tried running with Pet Perfume too, but once you start going faster the pet will sometimes miss looting! a cardinal sin I know!!!!

Other than that, the only other improvements I could think of were:

fly/teleport through instance to make faster,
skip low-yeild mobs,
test to find right balance of loot values vs time spent running in etc (sometimes its better to pickup low yield loot and sell and rerun, than it is to not accept it and take longer runs)

Rock did some analysis on loot drop values too. Thats worth a look. I always meant to log loot by mob to figure out best mobs to kill / skip etc...never got around to it tho

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 pm

yeah any numbers I posted were gold per hour (G/H).
To deal with the pet not looting fast enough and missing loot I added the cleanbag in those places it was getting behind, usually after a few groups that are close together. This would give the pet a couple of seconds to get the loot and also the time was spent getting rid of rubbish items from bags (Win/Win)
To really get the best G/H from your character you need to spend the time watching the bot and seeing where things can be improved and adjusting accordingly. Not every character is going to get the same amount of loot from each mob and not every character can kill at the same pace.
BillDoorNZ wrote:Really tho, thats the key - honor party, luck pots/pet/items, speed pots etc and then its just speed of running through.
This ^^
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kkulesza

#4 Post by kkulesza » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 pm

There are 3 main rules:
1. The bigger your drop rate is the more trash you get from a mob.
2. The more trash you can collect the more gold you will get from whole run.
3. The faster your run is the more gold/hour you get

Ad.1
Possible drop buffs:
- Loot runes in weapons.
X/R and X/S classes can have 2 weapons/runes.
R/S and S/R can have 3 loot runes.
- "Lucky Target" potion/buff from housemaid.
- Three zodiac pets(legendary, adult,newborn)
- wings+16
-"Blessed one" title from IS (10% drop)
- pets from Itemshop and events (there are few kinds of buffs they can give)
- normal pet from magic cavy can give up to 4% drop rate
- "Charged iron rune dice" from crafting event can give you 100% drop from time to time.
- every Rogue has a passive skill +20% drop
- buff from tower in a guild castle (on level 5 it is 25% drop for 2 hours )
- Luck potions from Item Shop (too expensive on my server)
- buffs from events
- and last but not least:
Honor party if your level is 55+

Ad.2
- consider renting all 6 "tabs" in your bag
- get rid of all unnecessary things in your backpack before going to KS
- put those few necessary things you have into transmutor.
- throw away low gold value trash (runes,cards,pots, ammo etc.) to make space for higher value items.
- if you have free slots in transmutor then consider writing a function to use them for storing trash
- consider buying magic perfumes for your pet. That way your pet can put trash into so called itemQueue (20 extra slots)
- consider renting portable bank and extra bank "tabs". You can put trash to bank when you are in KS and get it back at merchant NPC.

Ad. 3
- use speed buffs/pots to run and ride faster
- optimize your waypoints. Make sure bot doesn't get stick anywhere or moves far back to WP after killing a mob.
- get a good EQ to kill mobs easily.
- killing a mob with one hit is good, but killing lots of mobs with one hit is even better :)
- consider buying magic perfumes for your pet. Pet can do looting for you or help you with looting if there are too many mobs.
- rock5's ultra models help my bot run faster

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am

I just wanted to say, Mages are the best for doing KS. Thunderstorm can't be beaten and my favourite combo is M/S so you can have 2 loot runes and kickass buffs that make shot a viable spammable skill that does about as much damage as Fireball.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

#6 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 am

the +16% from plussed wings applies to ALL items. EVERY + on any item increases your luck by 1. So, don't just use plussed wings, pluss everything :) (not that you wont anyway).

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 am

Are you saying

If you have +16 wings
1 other item is +5, no other pluses on any gear
you get +21 luck?

if you have +16 wings
10 other items +16
you get +176 luck?

If so, I never knew lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 am

BillDoorNZ wrote:the +16% from plussed wings applies to ALL items. EVERY + on any item increases your luck by 1. So, don't just use plussed wings, pluss everything :) (not that you wont anyway).
I'm not aware of this being true. For instance I'm looking at one of my characters now. Using my luck address I see he has 157.2 luck. That's 120 from a Loot X rune and 37.2 from my +16 wings. All my other gear is plussed but they don't give me any luck.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

#9 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:46 pm

hmm...maybe I am mistaken...but I'm pretty sure thats how it works...I remember noticing it at one point as I had some plussed gear and not luck pots etc and didn't have the 'normal' luck.

Hidden

#10 Post by Hidden » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 pm

rock5 wrote:Loot X rune
Where can i order one of those? :D

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Hidden wrote:
rock5 wrote:Loot X rune
Where can i order one of those? :D
Rom4U server you can just off AH anytime, official servers occasionally they let you buy a much lower version like Loot III and then you would need to upgrade it to X, a few thousand diamonds later lol

Budzer

#12 Post by Budzer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Well on normal ROM servers G/H ratio is dropping more and more....... I remember times, when without HPt, I manage to be full before 3-rd boss. Currently it seems to be not possible.... My best KS character 3xLoot V fully buffed still gets like 2M/h and just little over 1M afterwards even without HPt. But I've also created new char and I didn't want to invest to much. 2xLoot III, wings without "+", housekeeper pot, HPt and not even full before 3-rd boss. 900k/h.....

Currently without wings, and hi tier loot runes KS is a pain.... To start new char on my serv it takes some time to lvl up (obviously) and round 100kk to stat it up for KS (probably better option would be buy already made char - 50kk with eq more than enough for KS - probably weapon to replace as HD would be nice addition for loot rune). You will also need at least 2xLoot IV 10-15M, +16wings (30-50M) and some IS pet round 10M. So you have to invest minimum 120-150M up to even 200-250M to start thinking about good farm. Of course it is still profit after 2-3 weeks, so still worth of invest, but time of farmers in the whole game (as besides KS there is not much more - maybe guard dogs) are close to an end. One year ago you will get profit form KS in even one week and you didn't have to invest dozens of hours to just start.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Budzer wrote:probably better option would be buy already made char - 50kk
official server
I can do new char to 40/29 in about an hour, another couple of hours questing in CoOp and then butterfly dailies and your 50/29 in about 5 hours tops.
Could probably do more if I bothered to lvl to 72 and upgrade gear, Hpt run through HoS would probably get 40-43 with just a couple of bosses, bit of a pain after that, leacher would die to trash lol

Budzer

#14 Post by Budzer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Yes but you still need to buy some decent gear for this char..... Would cost probably more than 50M...... So what's the point of lvling char by yourself..... Only one I can think of is it entertains you...

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 am

lvl 55 package near dalanis is enough for KS and lvl 55/40+ char.
You can do trash and skip bosses and get 900K/H without loot runes.

So no Cost at all

Budzer

#16 Post by Budzer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am

Well it seems to me at least on my serv impossible, as with Loots III I get 1M after some optimalizations in WP for specific char. As for gear right. The only problem could be frogs without healer and for quiet some time I've stopped using healer as subclass, as it usually means slower runs (of course also some more costs, but after some time still worth the expenses). Some solution here would be P/S, but I never actually test it.

And after all still need some time to LVL up char.... I prefer to simply pay someone to do this for me and go this time to do something more fun (usually making more gold in process). Also usually you can buy really nice chars 50 - lvl pet, some trash from IS and cards...... Sometimes char for 100M has cards for 300M, but that you have to verify before buying.... And char on 55lvl with some gear from DL/ZS usually would cost round 20M.

Well after all it is all about time we want to spend on KS, amount of gold we can possess to start and G/H ratio increase. Usually we can't over-invest simply sometimes it would take 1 week to pay back, sometimes 1 year. The main conclusion of my previous posts it takes longer now than ever before. The real problem is for people that farm manually, as they have to sit longer and than get less...

Jandrana

#17 Post by Jandrana » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:16 am

I've been trying KS WP scripts and noticed that with a char > LVL 65 you don't get aggro from enough mobs, so won't get enough loot. Just experimenting to add a function that will do an AOE spell at certain waypoints, so you will fight more mobs and get more loot.

Getting a char ready to farm KS should be no real problem if you are playing one char actively. Stats dropping in DoD - Temple are more than enough for a KS farm char and are usually available for free. You can get free wings via FB currently. During the crafting event, it was quite easy to get a zodiac pet (only costs some charges for AT). Imho you can get a decent farming char, with rather little effort. If you like to have a char with top yield, the effort is much greater - but that should be obvious.

Budzer

#18 Post by Budzer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 am

Well I have no idea why mobs have to aggro on you....

As for cost again you need to drop stats.... My time of playing is limited otherwise I would not bother with bot. And I can do something fun instead (make money during) and I don't stat KS char with T7 eq and AC stats..... OK maybe T7 ld with crap stats will do, but still you need ABLs. As lisa mentioned 55lvl package will probably be enough most case scenario in cost of slightly lower G/H ratio, so I don't see a point in stating char myself anyway.

Bottom line Is that lately I've created new KS farmer... pay 40M for char 3 housekeepers, 47lvl pet, some worthless cards, 1400 memos onboard, eq on solo dod lvl. Actually after selling somethings, investing some other char cost me 25M. I've decided to buy new weapon, as old was LD and I don't like it for KS.... Lack of them on AH forced me to pay 35M... Additionally 2xLoot III for 4M and no pluses wings (as +16 would mean another 30-40M). The char is full run (1-3) KS faster than any other in my possession, but I get low G/H ratio because of huge changes in drop rates last 1-1,5 year. To compensate this change I would have to double my expenses and that is the main problem I am referring to. Still worth it, but need much more invest to keep efficient.

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 am

you keep mentioning a lower drop rate, do you think it might be because your character is a higher level now?
When I did run KS I only used chars 55-60, highest was a 63 but I never lvled up a KS farmer past 60 as the drop rate gets worse as your level gets higher. Unless you do only honor party runs, in this case the lvl shouldn't affect it to much.
Max 9 hours a day honor party though. So to run 24/7 you need to rotate between 3 chars.

Budzer

#20 Post by Budzer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

Well HPT is 6H/day..... And I only mention HPT drop rate, as it's same as for 55lvl char.... 56lvl is about 20% less, after that drop falls by far at 57 and 58 lvl between 58 and 72 there is not much differences (usually better eq could easily keep up). And after 65 there is no chance to lvl up in KS. So if my 65 lvl char (have one too) is getting during HPt less drop than 2 months ago, when it gets less drop than 4 months ago..... And I am only changing loot runes to higher tier....

Actually 1,5 year ago character without wings, runes, pets and only with housekeeper pot and HPT was full somewhere near 1-st boss... Currently it is also full near 1-st boss 3xLootV, wings+16, +135% droprate from pets. In the past event 100% means I don't even see 1-st boss currently 350% means I am at the point of 0%....

As for rotating chars I see it pointless..... My PC could easily handle 5-6 chars + main logged same time. I don't even have that much... After all what would I do with all the gold? Even with bad efficiency 1M/H 5chars 6h/day would mean 210M/week...... OK as for start I would need to buy "X" runes etc. But later on how much could I spend on my EQ.. Especially that I drop most of it myself. Actually currently I bot mostly gold for cards and dias from cedric.