RoM Bot use noob questions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Zangetsuichi

RoM Bot use noob questions

#1 Post by Zangetsuichi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Im thinking of making a second account and than using the bot on it to get gold for my main account. I am going to make a warrior be the bot but I do not know how to configure it( yes I am looking at the wiki also). I was wondering if there were already premade warrior configurations for Farming every resource and grind leveling along with waypoints and other necessities? thanks for any help

BillDoorNZ

Re: RoM Bot use noob questions

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm

hmm...you should prolly do some searches etc on the forum as this question is asked a lot (how do I set up the bot etc). The idea of the forum is to help people by answering specific questions as opposed to the one you are asking which is a large question.

People do struggle setting up the bot, but that struggle forces you to learn more about how it works and will help a lot in reducing the number of questions you will be asking after you have it up and running :) You don't expect a new employee to ask you how to turn on a computer, you expect that if they want to work for you, that they will already know how to turn a computer on and have some basic level of knowledge.

Unless you have that knowledge or are willing to try things and experiment until you do, its not fair on everyone else to show you all the ins and outs of how to do it.

Try setting it up. If it wont run, think about it some more and try other things. If that doesn't work, post on the forum with screenshots or descriptions of the problem so the experienced users can help you.

On the subject of levelling/grinding stuff, you will find that there are a few well known ones around that have been shared. The issue with these, is that they become widely used and therefore easy for people to spot.

"Oh look, theres ANOTHER character trying to run through that fence....I'll bet you 1mil gold it will stop, run either left or right for a bit, and move forward and jump in a second...then when that fails, it will try in the other direction...." :)

So, most people end up building their own waypoints for grinding (or use the public ones if they can;t build their own) and use the waypoints for running the minigames etc (which are a GODSEND). If they build their own, they tend to be reluctant to share them as it means there will suddenly be a heap of other characters running the same waypoints as them...advertising their bottiness :(

Don't be put off too much by all this. Botting is a lot of fun, certainly can be a lot more fun than Rom at times :)

lisa

Re: RoM Bot use noob questions

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Yup what Bill said.

Something that might help you is there is a profile called "default" it has all the skills and settings that a starter person will need. You can either copy that file and name the copy to the name of your character, requires some knowledge of PC usage or you can simply start the bot with

Code: Select all

rom/bot profile:default
The default bot also has some starter Waypoint files included in it.

So maybe create a new character, human, when at the start area type this in Micromacro

rom/bot profile:default path:1-10pioneers/l1t_start
or simply do the

rom/bot profile:default
and Micromacro will print all the waypoint files you have in the waypoints folder, then just type the number for the l1t_start and press enter.

That is pretty much the basics of running the bot.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual