New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: New EggPet class.

#141 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:28 pm

mayainverse wrote:1 hour is almost no time as far as bots are concerned they farm tirelessly in one spot for 10hours non stop. considering you can get 1apt potions without the training i think so at least that is best way by far to lvl apt on a pet. would be useful. like you said because there are alot of restrictions and waiting its more difficult on a player doing it but a bot is easy to get that farmed up.
I think lisa is being too kind. The fact is we just couldn't figure out how to do it. We don't know what the reward frame is called and we can't find any functions to control it. So there was a lot of speculation about it but in the end we just couldn't do it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#142 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 am

I just discovered there is an addon that auto accepts pet reward dialogs. Check it out.
http://rom.curse.com/downloads/rom-addo ... event.aspx

I don't know how they managed it. They use functions that aren't even listed on the rom wiki. So how did they find them?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#143 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:03 am

I find it very interesting how little there is in the files. the top line of PetAutoEvent.xml has me curious. Is it calling for information from a source elsewhere?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

mayainverse

#144 Post by mayainverse » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 am

lol I don't even know where the event window is. never had a event happen before :(
that mod sounds cool. so u can like just afk removing debt in your guild castle with your petout and get like 4 rewards while u sleep.

jduartedj

#145 Post by jduartedj » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 am

Could you use that code to put the bot accepting pet dialogs now, rock5?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#146 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

jduartedj wrote:Could you use that code to put the bot accepting pet dialogs now, rock5?
Maybe it might be worth revisiting in the future but I'm way too busy now. Also, if it works, then there is probably nothing needed from the bot except maybe giving the event time to go off.

jduartedj

#147 Post by jduartedj » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm

true... if you use the addon.

rock5

#148 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

jduartedj wrote:i've noticed that at merchant bot doesn't sell the "mysterious item" pet craft produces. I'm not sure but could someone confirm that?
Ok. looks like you're right. I've looked into it. It turns out they are quality level 8. I'm not sure what settings would be needed to sell them.

Edit: Oops my bad. I was looking at slot 1 instead of slot 61.
Mysterious Items are in fact quality 0. So I still don't know why it doesn't sell.

Edit2: Oops again. Turns out I forgot I disabled autosell. Mysterious Items in fact do sell.

This post was a waste of time. :oops:

jduartedj

#149 Post by jduartedj » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 am

LOL true as I has figured out it was my BAD! It does sell!

rock5

#150 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 pm

I just realized I made the same mistake again. I didn't take into account if the pet crafting level has reached maximum when adding the new 'ratio' option.

One bit of information I would like before fixing it is, what is the highest craft level? Can someone tell me please?

Then, what happens if someone has maxed all their pet crafting skills and they set the ratio to 1:1:1? At the moment it will produce only 1 material. I think it might have to keep track of the produced materials so that it can follow the ratio. Or maybe the ratio can be of the materials in your inventory? That might be the easiest way to do it.

jduartedj

#151 Post by jduartedj » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:22 pm

I just realised you left TRASH hanging around the MM window on call of

Code: Select all

checkEggPets()
this is the trash:

_craftType      Herbalism
mIndex wIndex hIndex
a hot fix for next commit :D

rock5

#152 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 pm

jduartedj wrote:I just realised you left TRASH hanging around the MM window on call of

checkEggPets()
this is the trash:

_craftType      Herbalism
mIndex wIndex hIndex
a hot fix for next commit :D
oops. I'll fix it when I fix the 'ratio' problem.

jduartedj

#153 Post by jduartedj » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 am

Also I added a little change of my own that I think Other people might want to know about.
Sometimes I leave my char farming but my pet crafting, but when he's done all the crafting why not have him assist to make my farm faster? the pet's just sitting there doing nothing might as well help! so...

if choice  == 0 then -- no tools in inventory
			settings.profile.options.EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT = false;
			settings.profile.options.EGGPET_ENABLE_ASSIST = true;
			return
		end
I added the 2 lines before 'return', knowing that my assist pet and craft pet is the same. Maybe a verification could be added before like > if 'both slots are the same' and 'swaptoassist = true' then (...) this could be a cool feat idk.

rock5

#154 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:39 pm

So you are saying that maybe we could allow the crafting and assisting pet be the same. If there are tools, it crafts, if there aren't it assists.

I think that could work.

I didn't think of it because I have 2 pet and honestly there is no reason why you can't have a second pet dedicated to harvesting so your assist pet is always free to assist.

But what happens if you have some tools but you want your pet to assist? Hmm... needs more thought.

lisa

#155 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

It also doesn't take into account you might already have a pet assisting.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

jduartedj

#156 Post by jduartedj » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:08 pm

rock5 wrote:So you are saying that maybe we could allow the crafting and assisting pet be the same. If there are tools, it crafts, if there aren't it assists.

I think that could work.

I didn't think of it because I have 2 pet and honestly there is no reason why you can't have a second pet dedicated to harvesting so your assist pet is always free to assist.

But what happens if you have some tools but you want your pet to assist? Hmm... needs more thought.
The thing is that usually you have 3 slots available, and you use 1 for the pet and some people use the other 2 for the pet merging trick.

Anyway, if someone wants to use the the pet for assist AND has item then he/she only has to define assist = true in profile as always, the issue only arises once you run out of tools and the bot is crafting, so instead of having the pet idle it assists!

Lisa, it's only for the case in which pet assist = pet craft! so you can't have another pet assisting, tecnically it only turn assisting on and crafting off regardless of the slot, but this is only useful when the slot is the same.

rock5

#157 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

jduartedj wrote:Anyway, if someone wants to use the the pet for assist AND has item then he/she only has to define assist = true in profile as always
I'm not happy with that, it's too messy. I don't like having to change the profile.

Maybe instead, if you want the pet to assist in a particular waypoint file because you you need he help then you set

settings.profile.options.EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT = false
In the onload section so the pet only assists? That would be neater and not require to change the profile. Then you could switch waypoint files without having to make changes.

I'm happy with that.

lisa

#158 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

hmm I didn't see any part checking if you already had pet assisting.

I personally have 2 pets, 1 assist, 1 harvest. I use the 3rd slot for when I am merging with the assist pet. I don't worry about the merge 30 pets a day trick so I don't need 2 free slots.

rock5

#159 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 pm

lisa wrote:hmm I didn't see any part checking if you already had pet assisting.
jduatedj code is just a quick fix for specifically if you have just 1 pet. If I integrated it I would do it properly. Never fear.
lisa wrote: I don't worry about the merge 30 pets a day trick so I don't need 2 free slots.
To tell you the truth, I'm not convinced of the benefit of it. I don't think any of the attributes are accumulative so what exactly are you supposed to gain from it?

jduartedj

#160 Post by jduartedj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

1 atribute is comulative, training.... anyway I don't use it much because it becomes cheaper to buy golden eggs at 6-7k ea egg <8k ea trap! thing is golden egg = 100 XP, and 1 egg = 1000 xP (if same lvl) but they can cost 50k some times and there aren't many...
RoM Forums wrote:===========
5. Training
===========

Regardless of level or rarity, when you merge a pet, all of the re-agent pet's training will go into the agent pet's training. New pet eggs come with the following:

Non-Rune pet egg = 50 Training
Rune pet egg = 100 Training

New Training = Current Agent pet training + Reagent pet training

I just created the Bear in the screens so you can see that he has 50 training. The Crow I had been training for a little bit longer and had 1850 training on it. So,

New Training = 50 + 1850
New Training = 1900